Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 07:50 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times

Advertisements

Ramaswamy has certainly gotten a lot of very negative and ugly reactions from liberals here after only one brief debate just a few days ago. Before that, most had never even heard very much about him if anything. I haven't seen this much hatred toward a Republican candidate since the night Trump won the Presidential election. Is this one guy who most had never heard of before a few days ago that much of a huge threat to the liberal cause?
Liberal Bill Maher, who gave him an hour interview is actually far more tolerant than most liberals here while still being critical of some ideas.

"Speaking on the latest episode of his 'Club Random' podcast, Maher told the 38-year-old: 'I like you... you're such a good talker and you're such a likeable guy. I think you really could go far.

'I must say you're one of the few guys who I find both disarming and alarming.'

Ramaswamy humbly accepted the praise, responding: 'Thank you, Bill, that is a compliment!'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...mp/ar-AA1fCxOY

Last edited by marino760; 08-27-2023 at 07:59 AM..

Old 08-27-2023, 08:31 AM

13,282 posts, read 7,330,443 times
Not just liberals

DeSantis, Ramaswamy, Haley Come Out on Top

It Was Ramaswamy’s Night, but Not in a Good Way

Megyn Kelly slams Ramaswamy over 9/11 comments: ‘dumba– thing to say’

Old 08-27-2023, 08:32 AM

10,083 posts, read 14,463,858 times
"liberals" are not "losing their minds" over Ramaswamy.

No one really thinks he has much of a chance, in general. The GOP would never nominate an Indian-American for President, they are just too backwards thinking (1950s).

He has been extremely successful in business, and that's where he belongs. He may carve out a future role as a congressman or senator, possibly even governor somewhere, but never President.

Old 08-27-2023, 08:35 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times
I don’t know, but if they are, I’m glad.

Old 08-27-2023, 11:03 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,668,329 times
Just my opinion, but with over a year to go until the actual general election, he is just a new shiny object (kind of like the Barbi movie) to give people something to argue over. I think that he will fade away as we get closer to actually getting a Republican nominee. I don't see him as an actual threat to win the Republican nomination by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 08-27-2023, 11:14 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Just my opinion, but with over a year to go until the actual general election, he is just a new shiny object (kind of like the Barbi movie) to give people something to argue over. I think that he will fade away as we get closer to actually getting a Republican nominee. I don't see him as an actual threat to win the Republican nomination by any stretch of the imagination.
He likes to screech the word `Woke` as often as he can but I`m hoping their nominee has something of substance to say. Woke isn`t it. I voted for Biden but I`ve seen more than enough of him for a couple of reasons. Neither Christie nor Hutchinson do the MAGA routine and in my opinion, that puts them head and shoulders above the insurrectionists.

Old 08-27-2023, 11:25 AM
JRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
He likes to screech the word `Woke` as often as he can but I`m hoping their nominee has something of substance to say. Woke isn`t it. I voted for Biden but I`ve seen more than enough of him for a couple of reasons. Neither Christie nor Hutchinson do the MAGA routine and in my opinion, that puts them head and shoulders above the insurrectionists.
My dream; and of course in today's political climate it is only a dream, would be a Haley/Hutchinson ticket. Two reasonable experienced ex-governors who understand how government works and the best way to make changes but are not interested in blowing up government.

I am not interested in the least of some guy who knows nothing about running a government but likes to spew crap to hit the hot buttons of some people. I'm not sure what his end goal is but he certainly getting his fifteen minutes of fame that he seems to crave.

Last edited by JRR; 08-27-2023 at 11:33 AM..

Old 08-27-2023, 12:18 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,004,802 times
The reason why I don't like him is that he seems like someone who purely chases power and money, and this is supported by his background. I like some of his ideas, hate others, but he seems like a sociopath among sociopaths. Willing to say anything to shake things up and lead the sheeple. Maybe the other politicians are experienced enough to hide it better, and I admit I'm judging very early, but "the vibes are all off" on this guy. Even many republicans think so, so I think "liberals losing their minds" is unwarranted.

Old 08-27-2023, 12:46 PM

13,620 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Ramaswamy has certainly gotten a lot of very negative and ugly reactions from liberals here after only one brief debate just a few days ago.]
This is a strawman post. You start with an unsupported assumption- that liberals are losing their minds over Ramaswamy. I see no evidence of that.

Old 08-27-2023, 12:46 PM
JRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You trying to tell me those idiots wast $$$$ to come up with Orange-Man-Bad- Waa- Not-Your-pWesident! ?

True though, they are pushing him right into the White House and Calling us Rasict for embracing a color besides white or black or brown.

So confused.

Oh that's right.

Or no, that's democrats Projection again.

Please don't make me drop a history lesson down now.
So you seriously believe that Ramaswamy could pull enough moderate Republicans, independents and moderate Democrats to make it to the White House? Good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies