Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2023, 09:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
It seems that only Dems are allowed to say that they were cheated. Imagine if it had been a republican that was cheated out of an election in CT. The left would want that person arrested and indicted for making that claim.

But anyway - how many are not caught? We're told that it does not happen (unless of course it's a red voter and then the left have no problem bringing it up like the poster above you).

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with my post.

Dems try to cheat every election. Repubs try to cheat every election. They are regularly caught and punished.

How many are not caught? No clue - no system is perfect. When was the last time anyone was caught cheating at a level that impacted a national election? How about a statewide election?

"What if" is not compelling evidence that something is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2023, 09:46 AM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Drop boxes, with or without signature verification, is a license to cheat on a massive scale, using just a few mules.

Mail-in ballots, with signature verification only, is also a license to cheat, but it’s harder to cheat on such a massive scale without an army of mules.

There should be in person voting only, with picture identification, in all districts. If you are too busy to vote, then you don’t vote. If you don’t have a valid ID, then you don’t vote. If you are out of state, then you don’t vote. If you aren’t healthy enough to vote, you don’t vote.

The only exception would be military duty, and it’s very easy for the services to track where everyone is.

Old 10-04-2023, 09:47 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Drop boxes, with or without signature verification, is a license to cheat on a massive scale, using just a few mules...
In what way are drop boxes less secure than USPS mailboxes?

Old 10-04-2023, 09:52 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Both candidates in democrat primary in Connecticut were both caught having supporters dump absentee ballots in to drop boxes.

This is obviously a frequent Dem strategy to steal elections. But we are not supposed to believe that it happened in the general elections? Yeah sure.

See the video at the link.

"Weeks after mayoral candidate John Gomes accused a supporter of Mayor Joe Ganim stuffing absentee ballots into a drop box captured by video, a stream of surveillance tape grabs several Gomes supporters doing the same, adding a new twist to this surreal campaign cycle.

Video reels, showcasing two drop boxes in the days leading up to the September 12 Democratic primary, show candidates and operatives supporting Gomes making multiple dubious deposits into the boxes.

The opening reel shows what appear to be losing City Council candidates from the East Side, Josue Jorge and Maria Hernandez, dropping ballots multiple times."

Watch: Skullduggery Widens, Video Captures Gomes Supporters Absentee Ballot Dumping For Primary – Only In Bridgeport®
This is why the push for massive mail-in ballots is so bad. There is little to any control over the integrity of the vote, when anyone can dump as many ballots as they want to into on monitored drop boxes. Integrity of the vote ceases if there is no longer a way to verify the legitimacy of ballots or the legitimacy of the voters casting those ballots.

The dems love these drop boxes with no one around to monitor them. They love it when verification of signatures are optional and a certified and verified chain of custody no longer exists.

When people can dump dozens of envelops with ballots, and the envelopes are tossed away and verification of signatures are not required, no one knows who, when or how a ballot was dropped off.

When people start to think the voting system is rigged and cheating is going on, then more people will cheat, because they think everyone else is doing it too. So maintaining a strict control to guarantee the integrity of the vote is very important. Otherwise, people will feel justified in their suspicions that the election is being stolen from them.

Old 10-04-2023, 09:57 AM

18,056 posts, read 15,645,534 times
I've been voting by mail-in for over a decade. No issues. Use the USPS and drop my ballot in first class mail.

Old 10-04-2023, 09:58 AM

4,542 posts, read 2,265,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'm not sure what any of this has to do with my post.
Sorry, just ranting.

Old 10-04-2023, 10:03 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Weve done mail in voting for a long long time in oregon. You get registered when you get a license. Its worked VERY well. Biggest issue I can recall is someone stealing a ballot box. Security has been increased, and I drop mine off at the library when election officials are there. Easy and convenient.

Old 10-04-2023, 10:07 AM

17,306 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Weve done mail in voting for a long long time in oregon. You get registered when you get a license. Its worked VERY well. Biggest issue I can recall is someone stealing a ballot box. Security has been increased, and I drop mine off at the library when election officials are there. Easy and convenient.
Yes, had that in WA too. That should be the standard. Much better than my experience in OH having to vote at a church with a long line.

Should be easy to vote and encourage high turnout.

Old 10-04-2023, 10:11 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,211,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
And they got caught, the system works.

So......
How does the system work when it is after the election fraud is found???????????????????

Old 10-04-2023, 10:15 AM

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I've been voting by mail-in for over a decade. No issues. Use the USPS and drop my ballot in first class mail.
Well this is not about using USPS. This is about Dems dropping off BAGS of absentee ballots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies