Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2023, 09:08 AM

958 posts, read 532,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplexsimon View Post
How does this dispute what Amnesty International is saying?
You seem to want to lecture me rather than ask questions.
Ask so called friend and AI why instead of improving lives of Palestinians using money (large amounts) and all other help Hamas and other members of government wage nonstop war on Israel. What is more important war on Israel or lives of own people?

Israel now has good relations with nearby Arab countries and was on the verge of signing last agreements with Saudis and Saudis together with UAE would also help palestinians... but Iran was not happy about it so they kept funding Hamas and this is a result.

Old 10-11-2023, 09:16 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
Even though there were attempt to create two states for a long time this never happened. Israel left Gaza after uprising and violence. Hamas took over Gaza completely. Hamas does not recognize a right of Israel to exist.
Right, before Hamas took over, Gaza was more open with cross-border traffic and Palestinians and Israelis intermingling more and shops and recreational areas. Unfortunately since 2006, things have gone backwards. Don't get me wrong. Things were not pretty even before 2006.

Pretty good map here of Gaza today. The airport is destroyed, there's a border wall similar to the one in Korea, and there's a good sized Naval Blockade of the area. This graphic really makes one understand why many consider it to be an "open air prison"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...strictions.pdf

The whole situation is rather messy considering the long and complicated history of the area.

Old 10-11-2023, 09:17 AM

843 posts, read 551,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I remember hearing awhile back that Harvard students were against Israel and did not like the jews. does anyone know why? with the recent war this has come up again. I think both sides are wrong these people have been fighting for thousands of years and it's nonsense. obviously, it is religiously related even the Christians hold that land holy.

It seems Harvard students are taking Palestine's side but the university itself is trying to do the opposite. Are there a lot of Muslim students at Harvard?

conflicts like this in the middle east could start world war 3. The United States likes to escalate these situations. our politicians love the idea of armageddon. Some think it gives us an excuse to go to war with Iran.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/1...tacks-00120624

https://www.bostonherald.com/2023/10...l-for-attacks/

video.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBQ0rgz1QD4
The media use "Harvard" to attract eye balls. In fact, only one student organization of Harvard issued such a statement.

You wonder what organization it is? It's the Harvard Palestine Solidarity Groups.
The media hide/burry this deep in their articles.

Old 10-11-2023, 09:24 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
As I said the OP paints with a big brush.

It was 31 students, Harvard has an enrollment of over 22,000. Take it for what it's worth.

Old 10-11-2023, 09:31 AM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
Not all of the students.

Old 10-11-2023, 09:44 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,121,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
You seem to want to lecture me rather than ask questions.
Why do you think that? My only response to you was a question.

Old 10-11-2023, 09:51 AM

3,373 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Not all of the students.
Obviously it's not all students but I was under the impression it was several groups. I'll look further into this.

When I think Harvard I think some are rich Jews.

Old 10-11-2023, 10:02 AM

3,373 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Sorry but the OP is way off here. He is painting his opinion with a wide brush and while I will not deny that some do. They is a good deal of students that don't, many Jews themselves. Again he is also off on his political beliefs about our politicians.
Both democrats and republicans are warhawks. They risk world war 3 helping Ukraine giving them weapons and tanks and talk of fighter jets.we get involved in other counties problems and we try to police the world. Rand Paul is one of the few politicians that aren't like this. Trump prevented war also .

Old 10-11-2023, 10:13 AM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Harvard is the original anti-Semitic university of America. They've been anti-Jew for over 100 years, and clearly, haven't lost touch with that tradition.

Old 10-11-2023, 10:16 AM

958 posts, read 532,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
As I said the OP paints with a big brush.

It was 31 students, Harvard has an enrollment of over 22,000. Take it for what it's worth.
While I agree... in many sources it says 31 organizations

https://nypost.com/2023/10/09/thirty...-hamas-attack/

"Thirty-one Harvard organizations blame Israel for Hamas attack: ‘Entirely responsible’ "

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2...ment-backlash/

Quote:
Authored by the Harvard Undergraduate Palestine Solidarity Committee and originally co-signed by 33 other Harvard student organizations Saturday, the statement came under fire from federal lawmakers, University professors, and other students.
Even their own gazette said 33 organizations.

Is this a mistake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies