Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 08:58 AM

39,884 posts, read 26,562,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I don't think most of them want to die. So yes, i believe most humans want "peace" if peace means "not to die"

I feel Palestinians wants the kind of peace that comes with getting their own way. Now, here is the problem.

Palestinians need to acknowledge the right of Israel to exist, the right of Jews to live in their indigenous land, and stop screaming about how they want to commit genocide everyday but cannot because they dont have the weapons to succeed in their campaign of mass slaughter.

I feel there are not enough of Palestinians are willing to make compromises in order to reach the point where they will have peace.
Sadly I think you're right. Their strong support of various terror groups and their continuing genocide of the Israeli people certainly makes it unlikely that any can accept peace. They have been raising their children to be hate-filled butchers for generations now.

Old 10-19-2023, 08:59 AM

39,263 posts, read 27,661,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sadly I think you're right. Their strong support of various terror groups and their continuing genocide of the Israeli people certainly makes it unlikely that any can accept peace. They have been raising their children to be hate-filled butchers for generations now.
Yes, all you have to do is listening to what ordinary Palestinians and their supportors chanting

They did not say, "Support Palestinians " "Support our civilians" they say, "Gas the Jew."

That tells you something.

Old 10-19-2023, 09:12 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,662,797 times
Quote:
What makes you think that? Recent (but before the last slaughter of Israelis) polls show support among the Palestinians for Hamas is 60-70%. The Palestinian people voted for Hamas because they were the most violent and savage of their choices. They fund, support, enable and arm them. Oh and provide the manpower.
If you already knew that 30-40 percent of Palestinians don’t support Hamas, why did you pose the question if any of them want peace? Of course some of them do.

Old 10-19-2023, 09:18 AM

17,356 posts, read 11,319,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
If you already knew that 30-40 percent of Palestinians don’t support Hamas, why did you pose the question if any of them want peace? Of course some of them do.
If Hamas were to go away tomorrow, another hate filled violent group would take their place the next day, wanting the destruction of Israel, death to all Jews, America is the devil......

It seems to be the only thing Palestinians know, as though it's part of their DNA.

Old 10-19-2023, 09:20 AM

130,624 posts, read 12,160,757 times
Of course some do. No population is ever going to be 100% behind any idea. Anyhow, we should stay our of the conflict. We should not be taking sides in a civil war, with our taxpayer $$.

Old 10-19-2023, 09:21 AM

38,034 posts, read 22,203,129 times
Quote:
We always hear about Hamas, the PLO, Islamic Jihad and various other extremist, terror groups supported by the Palestinians. We know they voted for them, empower them, fund them and provide their manpower. My question-is there any kind of peace-oriented political party in Gaza (or the West Bank) that accept the right of Israel to exist? That don't want the Israeli people exterminated? That actually want to live in a peaceful world, either with a 2-state solution or integrated in the Israeli population? That care more about the lives of their own children than they do killing Israeli children? If so, our MSM doesn't cover any news about them, would like to know if there is actually any kind of peace movement within the Palestinian people.
I'm sure there are millions of Palestinians who do want to live in peace, but they are afraid to stand up and say anything,Wouldn't anyone be afraid? We have all seen the evil mob who only want to kill, murder and rape every last Jew.

Last edited by Wapasha; 10-19-2023 at 10:39 AM..

Old 10-19-2023, 09:24 AM

17,356 posts, read 11,319,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm sure there are millions of Palestinians who do just want to live in peace, but they are afraid to stand up and say anything,Wouldn't anyone be afraid? We have all seen the evil mob who only want to kill, murder and rape every last Jew.
Do you mean the ones on American college campuses?

Old 10-19-2023, 09:25 AM

39,263 posts, read 27,661,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
If Hamas were to go away tomorrow, another hate filled violent group would take their place the next day, wanting the destruction of Israel, death to all Jews, America is the devil......

It seems to be the only thing Palestinians know, as though it's part of their DNA.
Sadly I think you are right.

How many Palestinians who don't support Hamas are willing to accept Israel's right to exist? I think we need to ask this question instead.

I actually know a person from Egypt. He said he was taught to hate the jews when he was a kid. It is when he traveled to Israel, he started to understand the culture and people. Jews just don't want to be push into the gas chamber again, what's wrong with that? Israel earned the right to exist as a country. The surrounding Muslim world had tried to destroy Israel at least three times. Who is the bully? Get real.

Old 10-19-2023, 09:32 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,599,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Again, the question wasn’t are there any Hamas members who want peace. It was are there any Palestinians who do.
And that is the question I answered. Why are your confused?

Old 10-19-2023, 09:35 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,662,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post

I agree that if you eliminated Hamas, another terror organization would take its place, but that doesn’t mean all Palestinians are terrorists. Those who aren’t and who support peace with Israel are important allies. Growing their number is the only way to have lasting peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies