Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 12:59 PM

51,660 posts, read 25,904,681 times

Advertisements

Mike Johnson is a D dream as we head into an election season.

Working to overthrow a legitimate election, arguing that LBGQT folks don't deserve the same rights as everyone else, insisting that women should not have the right to make decisions about their own bodies, ...

He is the perfect example of how Republicans are out of step with the Constitution, and with the majority of Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2023, 01:17 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,640,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Conservatism rising...."elections have consequences"-Barrack Obama
Actually Rush Limbaugh said that many times on his radio show, before Obama ever got elected to any office. And others may have said it before Limbaugh.

Old 10-26-2023, 01:51 PM

20,129 posts, read 16,204,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Nothing to gloat about, the adults in the room took one for the American People so this crazy train could end and some real work could be accomplished. With the crazy 8's they would have kept our government in limbo all the way to a shut down with no concern or remorse over the people that affects.
This

Old 10-26-2023, 02:53 PM

6,377 posts, read 2,927,993 times
Gaetz is calling him MAGA Mike! I like that.
Quote:
“MAGA is ascendant,” Gaetz told Steve Bannon on the ex-Donald Trump adviser’s podcast.
“If you don’t think that moving from Kevin McCarthy to MAGA Mike Johnson shows the ascendance of this movement and where the power in the Republican Party truly lies, then you’re not paying attention,” Gaetz said, referring to the ousted former House speaker.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/critics-m...103349916.html

Old 10-26-2023, 06:16 PM

25,926 posts, read 12,943,406 times
This was a huge victory in the house for Conservatives, and yes I was surprised since Conservatives have not won anything in the House since the Gingrich days in the late 90's.

And, despite all the whining, going 2-3 weeks w/o Speaker didn't cause the world to come to an end, or make the victory any less sweet.

This suprise victory meant the overspending will be reeled in, & possibly reversed as the victorious Speaker returns spending back to pre-covid levels.

The suprise victory also means no more bundled bills, but instead, bills broken down by issue that can be debated, read, & voted upon w/o the rush.

Gaetz set up this surprise victory for Republicans, conservatives, & much to the dismay of Liberals, & big spending beauracrats and lobbyists...they too were surprised by Johnson's vicotry, but in a bad way for them.

This surprise victory means their gravy train is over...good riddance!

Conservatism is rising, & us surprised conservatives are spiking the football doing our best end zone dance after this 'uge victory.

Old 10-26-2023, 06:31 PM

25,926 posts, read 12,943,406 times
This victory really surprised those who claimed the Freedom Caucus was too small of a group to get anything done...man, they couldn't have been any more wrong...I'll bet they were the most surprised by the conservative victory.

This victory carried out by just 8 Republicans who dumped McCarthy surprised everyone...8 Conservative Republican's shocked the world...led by Matt Gaetz...who surprised everyone...especially Kevin McCarthy, & his band of RINO's.

The Republican surprise victory will be savored for years to come, & the new policy direction will be a breath of fresh air...to some... not all

This surprise victory by Conservative Republicans means we are large & in charge in the House, & the old guard has been tossed aside...to their surprise.

Old 10-26-2023, 06:51 PM

771 posts, read 301,932 times
I don't think they had to resort to death threats with this nominee so I guess that is progress for the Republican party. Get your popcorn ready though I am sure the wheels on this clown car will be flying off soon.

Old 10-26-2023, 06:57 PM

1,438 posts, read 781,424 times
It is a surprise that Republicans chose a speaker that is not only anti-gay marriage in 2023, but even supports the criminalization of gay sex in 2023. Johnson is going to a nightmare for House Republicans in blue districts, swing districts, and anywhere outside of the Deep South. The suburban socially liberal but fiscally conservative crowd in America's major metropolitan areas is going to recoil hard from Johnson hard. Even rural areas are for same-sex marriage these days and repealing it is something that only exists in the mind of evangelicals. Democratic campaign consultants are going to have an absolute field day.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/25/polit...ile/index.html

Old 10-26-2023, 06:57 PM

1,708 posts, read 789,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The Dems are in a panic. Nobody is going to remember or care that there was no speaker for a couple weeks.
I will… I’ll remember how it took damn near FOREVER for your guys to get it together. Please don’t fool yourself, voters REMEMBER

Old 10-26-2023, 06:58 PM

17,740 posts, read 6,983,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
I will… I’ll remember how it took damn near FOREVER for your guys to get it together. Please don’t delude yourself voters REMEMBER
Well, people who were already going to vote Democrat might latch onto it. Doesn't change the truth of what I said one bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies