Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2023, 10:04 AM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times

Advertisements

We had a tiny pizza joint in a nearby city that, at one point, was owned by Asians. Their pizza was awesome, but they also had a turkey sub that we still crave. Seriously, who craves a turkey sub?? That's how good it was. Anyway, they sold to new owners and the food went downhill. I think they're closed now.

Old 10-27-2023, 10:06 AM

559 posts, read 296,030 times
People desperate to find things to be angry about. I know of many pizza places ran by Hispanics and the food is delicious. Should Italians be upset?

Old 10-27-2023, 10:07 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
My heart goes out to people who want to open a restaurant. Restaurant business is tough, The average profit margin of a restaurant is as low as 3-5%. lol

Don't be a hater, let this lady open her restaurant. If you want to stay in business, improve the quality of your food. Why giving people low star on yelp? It is just... tacky and low.

Old 10-27-2023, 10:13 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Lol...I am always entertained by Mexicans, Puerto Ricans etc. that throw around terms like "colonizer".

I guess it only counts if you were a British colony.

In terms of the multi-national attraction of Sushi Bars, it was in Itsu at 167 Piccadilly in London former KGB agent Alexander Litvinenko was poisoned with radioactive polonium-210 back in November 2006. The area was sealed off for a while and I don't think anyone was in a hurry to buy any sushi for a while.

Itsu: Litvinenko Poisoned

Old 10-27-2023, 10:14 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That, and many of the people outraging are hypocrites and liars, just trying to seek attention and score woke virtue points.

The best part of this story is that Eric Rivera is a hypocrite himself. He’s an immigrant from Puerto Rico who was planning to open a Puerto Rico Japanese fusion restaurant in guess where? NORTH CAROLINA

How can anyone have an intelligent discussion with the woke, when they will claim a 12 year old is not mature enough to make the decision to get a tattoo. And then in their next breath, claim a 12 year old is mature enough to undergo sex transition surgery and puberty blockers, etc... which will permanently alter their bodies for their entire lives. It's disturbing that these people vote!!!
No kidding!

lol @ bold

Old 10-27-2023, 02:36 PM

946 posts, read 565,438 times
I don't get it. What is the problem here?

Old 10-27-2023, 05:25 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well. Many sushi restaurants are operated by asians who are not japanese.

Maybe these asians are complaining because this woman takes away their business.

< shrug >
In my college days I would frequent an anime store in the mall. All kinds of stuff from Japan in the store. The ramune was among my favorites. The store was owned by a Korean couple. It didn't occur to me that there was bad blood between Japan and South Korea going back decades. I didn't think about it. To me there was alot of stuff there that I liked.

Old 10-27-2023, 06:43 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Australia was where prisoners were sent. the recessive genes are now manifesting in collective behavior so bizarre, it is newsworthy.

The land down under has flipped over on its head.

Old 10-27-2023, 06:44 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdad99 View Post
People desperate to find things to be angry about. I know of many pizza places ran by Hispanics and the food is delicious. Should Italians be upset?
This is America, just because our ancestors came from Europe or Central America or Asia, doesn't mean we even know how to make the food that our ancestors used to eat in the old country. This is why a person of Mexican heritage makes a delicious kake soba soup or pancit bihon.

Old 10-27-2023, 06:51 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In my college days I would frequent an anime store in the mall. All kinds of stuff from Japan in the store. The ramune was among my favorites. The store was owned by a Korean couple. It didn't occur to me that there was bad blood between Japan and South Korea going back decades. I didn't think about it. To me there was alot of stuff there that I liked.
Oh yeah. The worst, most visceral and racist reaction I have ever witnessed was when I lived in Japan. I was speaking with a local woman I knew from a local restaurant. We discussed my recent trip to South Korea. She asked what I thought about the women there. I made the offhand comment that they were pretty. She snapped at me and said the most horrible things about Koreans. You'd think I was in Israel, complimenting Hamas for Oct 7th, it was that bad.

That was actual racism. The things people think represents racism in the US is laughable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies