Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2023, 12:55 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,697,247 times

Advertisements

Why is polygamy still illegal? Why aren't LBGTQIA+2S fighting for the rights of polygamists? Maybe Mormons were woke before woke was cool.

Asking for a friend.

Old 06-24-2023, 12:59 AM

29,813 posts, read 24,885,583 times
When I think of polygamy, I think of straight men who have more than 1 wife. I don't think the feminist left crowd has any interest in "liberating" and "breaking the shackles" holding straight males back from pursing what some might believe to be their own version of "progress". If the gays or other alphabet people decide to embrace it though, than it very well could gain traction.

Old 06-24-2023, 01:02 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,697,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
When I think of polygamy, I think of straight men who have more than 1 wife. I don't think the feminist left crowd has any interest in "liberating" and "breaking the shackles" holding straight males back from pursing what some might believe to be "progress". If the gays or trans people decide to embrace it though, than it very well could gain traction.
You're a polygaphobe.

( )

Old 06-24-2023, 01:15 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Why is polygamy still illegal? Why aren't LBGTQIA+2S fighting for the rights of polygamists? Maybe Mormons were woke before woke was cool.

Asking for a friend.
I was wondering where polyamory fit into the alphabet brigade.

Old 06-24-2023, 01:19 AM

29,813 posts, read 24,885,583 times
Quote:
You're a polygaphobe.

( )

We'll, I do find that sort of lifestyle to be a little strange... I was going to say the "q" word, but that word doesn't fly on this forum apparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I was wondering where polyamory fit into the alphabet brigade.

Part of the "+"? Or maybe they'll throw a "P" in there for pedos and polygamists, but just tell us it's for the polygamist?

Old 06-24-2023, 03:47 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,278,566 times
Considering women are geneticly wired to want to share the dominant male of the pack over having the non dominant male to themselves, and often do share a fewer pool of men these days due to the fact men are generally getting weaker and less interesting as a whole due to cultural conditioning, it wouldn't surprise me if polygamy becomes an "in-thing" for them within a decade, tops. The lion's majority of women under the age of 25 I wouldn't trust in a monogamous relationship, given how they are plugged into social media and have endless options.

The dating market is like the real estate market, skewed so that one party (buyers, men) have a supply shortage of product to shop for, and have to pay double what the previous generation paid in a more competitive marketplace. Some may see the price to pay too high, and quit shopping. The products in question also permanently disappear from the shelves. (Women themselves are often choosing to have friends with benefits and stop with long term dating as they age also. Corporations and wealthy pay cash higher than your asking price and sit on the house) .... again it's because people aren't willing to compromise, and want what they want with little impulse control. Fully genetically driven behavior has re-asserted itself, as opposed to cultural shaming to behave a certain way.

Last edited by sholomar; 06-24-2023 at 03:59 AM..

Old 06-24-2023, 05:09 AM

23,537 posts, read 17,211,948 times
Henceforth, any flavor designated by a letter of the alphabet shall be referred to as ALPHABETEERS!

Old 06-24-2023, 05:44 AM

4,834 posts, read 3,262,003 times
Quote:

Asking for a friend.

When did they add the 'IA+2S'?

Admittedly, I don't really care enough to keep up, but every time see this kind of thing it reminds me how happy I am to just be an 'H'. Or whatever it is we call folks that got along fine with their declared birth parts and tend to be attracted to those with different parts.

Old 06-24-2023, 05:51 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,035,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Considering women are geneticly wired to want to share the dominant male of the pack over having the non dominant male to themselves, and often do share a fewer pool of men these days due to the fact men are generally getting weaker and less interesting as a whole due to cultural conditioning, it wouldn't surprise me if polygamy becomes an "in-thing" for them within a decade, tops. The lion's majority of women under the age of 25 I wouldn't trust in a monogamous relationship, given how they are plugged into social media and have endless options.

The dating market is like the real estate market, skewed so that one party (buyers, men) have a supply shortage of product to shop for, and have to pay double what the previous generation paid in a more competitive marketplace. Some may see the price to pay too high, and quit shopping. The products in question also permanently disappear from the shelves. (Women themselves are often choosing to have friends with benefits and stop with long term dating as they age also. Corporations and wealthy pay cash higher than your asking price and sit on the house) .... again it's because people aren't willing to compromise, and want what they want with little impulse control. Fully genetically driven behavior has re-asserted itself, as opposed to cultural shaming to behave a certain way.
What? Most women are anti sharing. There are the polygamists, who have little confidence in themselves or are tied to deeply rooted religions, or are on the freaky side, but see the divorce count, most is due to infidelity.

Old 06-24-2023, 05:55 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,035,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
When did they add the 'IA+2S'?

Admittedly, I don't really care enough to keep up, but every time see this kind of thing it reminds me how happy I am to just be an 'H'. Or whatever it is we call folks that got along fine with their declared birth parts and tend to be attracted to those with different parts.
It’s really about live and let live, as adults. Only time we should be involved is if an adult crosses the line with a child. I’m wondering if it’s because they keep it hidden, vs the LBGTQ + folks, who have come out and staying out of the closets…

Last edited by tinytrump; 06-24-2023 at 06:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies