Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2023, 03:40 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,532,906 times

Advertisements

Obviously a disincentive to even reporting theft. SCOTUS held such laws unconstitutional in 2008 in DC v Heller.

https://www.wcax.com/2023/11/08/vt-m...ng-gun-school/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2023, 05:22 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,408,354 times
It SHOULD be a disincentive to leaving your firearms lying on a shelf instead of safely secured.
Gun ownership comes with responsibility.

Old 11-10-2023, 05:45 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,532,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
It SHOULD be a disincentive to leaving your firearms lying on a shelf instead of safely secured.
His house was broken into. This leftist crap is why crime is through the roof. Charging victims of crime but not holding actual violent criminals in jail. You have a right to have your guns out in your own home.

Old 11-10-2023, 05:50 AM

29,594 posts, read 14,732,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
His locked home should be no different than a gun safe. If those thugs broke into his home, he is guilty of nothing. Why do anti gun people always seem to blame the victim and ignore the criminals ?

Now, if he has kids at home, and they were able to attain the firearm, that is a different story.

Old 11-10-2023, 06:54 AM

24,554 posts, read 17,308,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
His locked home should be no different than a gun safe. If those thugs broke into his home, he is guilty of nothing. Why do anti gun people always seem to blame the victim and ignore the criminals ?

Now, if he has kids at home, and they were able to attain the firearm, that is a different story.

I agree. If kids are around guns should be locked up.

I guess we are all liable according to the Left. If someone breaks into our home and easily steals a gun that is our fault but should we also lock up our car keys? In the wrong hands a stolen car can be used as a deadly weapon just like a gun can be.

If we get carjacked should we put up a fight because if we just give the criminals the car we could be liable for the damages they do in it?

It is easy for the Left to blame the Victim and ignore the Criminals.

Old 11-10-2023, 07:02 AM

29,594 posts, read 14,732,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I agree. If kids are around guns should be locked up.

I guess we are all liable according to the Left. If someone breaks into our home and easily steals a gun that is our fault but should we also lock up our car keys? In the wrong hands a stolen car can be used as a deadly weapon just like a gun can be.

If we get carjacked should we put up a fight because if we just give the criminals the car we could be liable for the damages they do in it?

I just don't understand why ? I just don't get it.

Old 11-10-2023, 07:18 AM

24,554 posts, read 17,308,779 times

Quote:

They can do it because the Truth brings notice that their agenda is not working.

It is easy to ignore the facts when they do not advance the narrative.

There are actually more white people that are shot by Police than black ones BUT which gets the headlines and promotes protests? Which does the Left get behind so they can virtue signal? It doesn't matter if the criminal has a rap sheet a mile long or he was actively engaged in a crime when the Police stopped him. It doesn't matter if the criminal pulls a gun and shoots at the Police and they return fire because depending on that criminals skin tone he is a perpetual victim to the Left.

I saw a video the other day where a guy was at a gas station putting air in a tire and 2 armed punks hopped out of a car to steal his but he had a gun and shot at them. The punks got back in the car and drove off. The narrator of the video applauded the guy for having a gun ready to defend himself but then he victim shamed him by asking, what was he thinking being outside at 11:15 and pumping air... at a well lit and busy gas station/convenience store? I guess the criminals rule the city streets at night and good people need to lock themselves in their homes until the morning? What is this? The Purge?

By blaming the Victim the Left is actually giving a pass to the Criminal because to crack down on the criminals means recognizing that there is a bigger problem that is all due to the failed soft on crime, Defund the Police movement of the Left and they are not that honest to admit they made a mistake.

Old 11-10-2023, 07:23 AM

4,676 posts, read 1,964,844 times
Quote:
Not really hard when you think carefully about it. The left is always about the perceived Victim mentality. The idea that the true "victim" is always whomever they considered repressed, whether that is blacks, trans, lgbt, muslims, women or whatever group that is the flavor of the day and this includes criminals who are obviously(from their twisted sense of morality)only criminals because they were Victims of Society(usually defined as the white male racist patriarchy).

Old 11-10-2023, 07:25 AM

37,167 posts, read 19,268,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Obviously a disincentive to even reporting theft. SCOTUS held such laws unconstitutional in 2008 in DC v Heller.

https://www.wcax.com/2023/11/08/vt-m...ng-gun-school/
Here's the law he was charged with breaking:

https://legislature.vermont.gov/Docu...%20Summary.pdf

Old 11-10-2023, 07:28 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,968,539 times
Why is it that law abiding citizen's biggest enemy isn't criminals, but the schmucks in government who's total focus is on criminalizing law abiding people and stripping their rights of self defense. Every day we read of these government atrocities against victims. When are we, the American People going to stand up and put a stop to it once and for all?

Victimizing the victim has got to stop.

Become ungovernable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies