Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2023, 05:52 PM

6,708 posts, read 6,711,443 times

Advertisements

This is exactly the kind of Jimmy Carter-style weakness that turns people off to him in general, and makes foreign dictators lose all respect for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2023, 06:09 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
This is exactly the kind of Jimmy Carter-style weakness that turns people off to him in general, and makes foreign dictators lose all respect for him.
I wasn't old enough to be paying attention during the Carter years, but after reading about his administration in detail, I would have to agree.

Mind you, Carter was A LOT younger than Joe Slidin' was while President, but weakness is weakness, and neither man will ever be considered a great leader.

Old 11-27-2023, 07:11 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,001,235 times
Can't make everyone happy. You just end up being a feckless loser.

Old 11-28-2023, 04:22 AM

24,597 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Biden is trying to pandering to both bases (Muslims and Jews)

That usually does not end up well.
I agree. Progressives are going to have to pick a side, the clock is ticking.

A "2 state solution" is not going to work.

Old 11-28-2023, 04:36 AM

16,542 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://nypost.com/2023/11/26/news/b...ed-org-report/

Elections have consequences. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Brandon would blunder such a complicated situation.
The people that voted for him were captured pawns of their ideology and/or have been brainwashed after 5 straight years of demonizing Trump into thinking he was a bad guy.

Old 11-28-2023, 05:01 AM

23,530 posts, read 17,208,400 times
The people he apologized to realize he is a liar and has no clue as to what he is saying.

Even a biden apology is not taken seriously.

Democrats and intel agencies make Biden commander in chief, why did they pick him?

Old 11-28-2023, 10:28 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The people that voted for him were captured pawns of their ideology and/or have been brainwashed after 5 straight years of demonizing Trump into thinking he was a bad guy.
The people that voted for him believed he was going to be moderate, it had nothing to do with ideology (he wouldn't have won with just D's voting, he got a lot of I's and probably some moderate Rs.

Old 11-30-2023, 06:45 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
It looks like Biden's shameful performance was all for nothing.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/world/...osama-siblani/

Headline:
Quote:
Biden won’t get our vote: Arab American News’ Osama Siblani

Old 11-30-2023, 11:54 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He wasn’t this way as vice president or as senator, he was much more moderate. That’s the Biden we thought we were voting for. I for one vastly underestimated how afraid of the far left he was.

He wouldn’t have won with just Ds in any case. He got a lot of Independents and probably moderate Rs as well.
You've been on this site for a long time. How did you not notice the Democrat party was moving in this direction? It's been obvious to me since the Obama years. I assumed Biden would be a puppet the minute John Lewis orchestrated the super-delegates to vote for him after the South Carolina Primary and every one of the other primary candidates dropped out except Bernie Sanders. I also knew exactly who would be the puppeteer, Obama and his people. We've all seen the interview where Obama said he'd love to be president if he could be behind the scenes because he hated taking all the hits. He was perfectly willing to hide what he actually wanted. Just look at all his present votes in the Illinois Senate and the book his chief of staff wrote about how they lied about gay marriage because they knew black people in South Caroline wouldn't go for supporting gay marriage in the 2008 election.

Old 11-30-2023, 12:27 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I agree. There was no blunder. He’s just afraid of them (far left) sitting out the election as they have threatened. Most Dems voted for him in primaries because he was supposed to be the moderate as opposed to the rest of the field. If most Dems wanted far left they’d have picked Warren or Sanders.
Absolutely
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies