Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2023, 07:35 AM

1,157 posts, read 458,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I’m not sure how to respond to this other than to say consider being more open minded….being certain without having proof seems like a pretty precarious place to be positioned on anything from science to politics.
What? I have no evidence of lots of things I am sure of. It is called reasoning and deduction. Sorry you don't have the ability to form decisions based on other events, or to reason out probably solutions based on past evperieinces. Maybe as you age you will develop this skill? But when I see things going on and try to decide why, I am allowed to feel certain I am right without having tangible proof.

Old 12-03-2023, 07:40 AM

22,039 posts, read 9,628,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
When the average American can’t receive more than $600 from EBay payments, America has now sent over $200 billion to Ukraine. But no audits, no review of where any of the money is going. It’s democrats that are stopping any and all audits of taxpayers money given to Ukraine.

Why? Why are democrats so against looking into where the billions is going?
Because Ukraine is just a massive money laundering operation disguised as a push for democracy.

Old 12-03-2023, 08:10 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,820,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
What? I have no evidence of lots of things I am sure of. It is called reasoning and deduction. Sorry you don't have the ability to form decisions based on other events, or to reason out probably solutions based on past evperieinces. Maybe as you age you will develop this skill? But when I see things going on and try to decide why, I am allowed to feel certain I am right without having tangible proof.
Ah, a faith-based approach to life. I see.

Old 12-03-2023, 08:28 AM

5,214 posts, read 3,149,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
Don’t worry, you are arguing with people who believe in their hearts there are no physical differences between males and females.

Old 12-03-2023, 08:31 AM

26,054 posts, read 13,059,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Can you confirm that money is actually changing hands? I am under the impression that Ukraine is getting equipment, guns, weapons, etc. as opposed to money. If I am mistaken, please correct me.
It's both, but mostly weaponry, from what I've read.

I read where we are paying Ukranian's pension payments

I also read that Zelenskyy bought 2 massive yachts worth $75M

I don't know for sure if these things are true, or just propaganda though...does anyone know for fact?

DC Dems are very likely getting massive kickbacks on all of this cash, so of course, the Dems in charge in DC don't want any accountability.

Old 12-03-2023, 09:00 AM

59,434 posts, read 27,586,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
When the average American can’t receive more than $600 from EBay payments, America has now sent over $200 billion to Ukraine. But no audits, no review of where any of the money is going. It’s democrats that are stopping any and all audits of taxpayers money given to Ukraine.

Why? Why are democrats so against looking into where the billions is going?
As they say, "if you have to ask the question...."!

Old 12-03-2023, 09:06 AM

2,052 posts, read 1,337,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
It's both, but mostly weaponry, from what I've read.

I read where we are paying Ukranian's pension payments

I also read that Zelenskyy bought 2 massive yachts worth $75M

I don't know for sure if these things are true, or just propaganda though...does anyone know for fact?

DC Dems are very likely getting massive kickbacks on all of this cash, so of course, the Dems in charge in DC don't want any accountability.

You're reading Russian propaganda. Some of propaganda is true, some is distorted facts, some is pure BS.
The Zelensky is a billionaire story is pure BS.
The yacht story is distorted facts. Zelensky has bought no yacht, but it's likely a close associate has.

It's true that the US AND the European Union have given financial aid to support the obligations of the Ukraine government during the war. The EU gave far more the than the US in that respect.
Among the things the Ukraine government has to pay for is pensions. Russia's invasion has destroyed the economy because Russia grabbed what was the most area producing the most income.

Zelensky was rich before he ran for president due to his part ownership of the media companies related to his humor shows. He gave up ownership when he got elected.
He was worth about $30 million from that, before he was elected. He maybe has only $20 million now.
He's not a billionaire, he doesn't own mansions in Florida.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattdur...h=678efff25bb0

Old 12-03-2023, 10:09 AM

43,474 posts, read 18,573,805 times
Corruption is rampant in Ukraine.

Don't you remember all those head guys that "resigned" after the news came out about the vacations, cars, shopping trips ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...officials-exit

And yes we are giving Ukraine money. I already posted a link.

Here it is again:
https://apnews.com/article/fact-chec...t-714688682747

Those monthly transfers of $1.5 billion each month to Zelensky was done through the State Dept as "humanitarian aid", not guns and bombs.

Over $100 billion to Ukraine and, from what I've read, $42 billion was military equipment.
If it were all just military equipment you wouldn't need any accounting. But it was more than just equipment.

Don't you remember Ukraine's involvement with bitcoin transefers with Sam Bankman's company - FTX ?
Ukraine was redeeming bitcoins for cash through his company.

Old 12-03-2023, 10:19 AM

43,474 posts, read 18,573,805 times
Here's your "factcheck" article. And this only covers 2022.

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/02/bi...breaking-news/
“This funding has helped the GoU pay the salaries of 618,000 educators, 517,000 health workers, and 56,500 first responders,” the report says. “It has also helped the GoU to sustain critical healthcare services, meet its pension responsibilities for 9.8 million people, assist 1.3 million internally displaced persons, provide housing assistance to 4.1 million people, and provide social assistance to 240,000 low-income families and 480,000 persons with disabilities.”

That report did not say how much was spent on pensions, but a USAID spokesperson sent us another USAID report to Congress that indicated $4 billion of budget support for Ukraine was spent on pensions as of Nov. 30, 2022.

Old 12-03-2023, 10:22 AM

47,035 posts, read 26,143,985 times
Tell us you have no idea how a military operates without typing the actual words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
A brand new F-35 plane costs $100 million. Ukrainians could buy 2,000 F-35 planes for $200 billion.
A brand new US tank costs $10 million. Ukrainians could buy 20,000 tanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies