Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2023, 10:34 AM

2,040 posts, read 1,329,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
When the average American can’t receive more than $600 from EBay payments, America has now sent over $200 billion to Ukraine. But no audits, no review of where any of the money is going. It’s democrats that are stopping any and all audits of taxpayers money given to Ukraine.

Why? Why are democrats so against looking into where the billions is going?
Your assertion is false.

Most Americans should know that in the US government, like most countries, has in the various agencies an inspector general dedicated to ensuring that allocated funds are being used as they are supposed to be used.

Here is a link to an USaid OIG report for Ukraine.
https://oig.usaid.gov/node/6317

Here is a link to the Department of Defense OIG.
https://www.dodig.mil/Ukraine/

There is one thing you should know about the Inspector General. What they do not do is investigate bogus stories on internet chat, and Russian propaganda.

Old 12-03-2023, 12:01 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,120,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
It's both, but mostly weaponry, from what I've read.

I read where we are paying Ukranian's pension payments

I also read that Zelenskyy bought 2 massive yachts worth $75M

I don't know for sure if these things are true, or just propaganda though...does anyone know for fact?

DC Dems are very likely getting massive kickbacks on all of this cash, so of course, the Dems in charge in DC don't want any accountability.
Why not have an actual audit vs having to figure out which propaganda to believe? Do you know how many hundreds of audits were conducted in Afghanistan?

Why not a single one on Ukraine funding?

Old 12-03-2023, 12:38 PM

15,579 posts, read 7,603,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
When the average American can’t receive more than $600 from EBay payments, America has now sent over $200 billion to Ukraine. But no audits, no review of where any of the money is going. It’s democrats that are stopping any and all audits of taxpayers money given to Ukraine.

Why? Why are democrats so against looking into where the billions is going?
What do you mean "the average American can’t receive more than $600 from EBay payments"? That's just not true. Anyone can receive more than that, they just have to pay taxes on it if it's not the sale of personal items. And that has always been true.

Old 12-03-2023, 12:38 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,459,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
What? I have no evidence of lots of things I am sure of. It is called reasoning and deduction. Sorry you don't have the ability to form decisions based on other events, or to reason out probably solutions based on past evperieinces. Maybe as you age you will develop this skill? But when I see things going on and try to decide why, I am allowed to feel certain I am right without having tangible proof.
Interesting. There is no reason to apologize on your part though. I do the best I can with my abilities, form opinions accordingly and move on. So far I haven’t made too much of a mess of things. As to developing skills equivalent to yours, I have fewer years in front of me than behind me, so I’m not sure how much progress I will make. I can say, however, I learn something from nearly every post I read here….yours is no different. Thank you for letting me know how you feel about my comment.

Old 12-03-2023, 12:40 PM

3,189 posts, read 2,079,368 times
Democrats don't want to review any spending, so this isn't a surprise. Too many of them clearly don't understand basic economics.

Old 12-03-2023, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
It's both, but mostly weaponry, from what I've read.

I read where we are paying Ukranian's pension payments

I also read that Zelenskyy bought 2 massive yachts worth $75M

I don't know for sure if these things are true, or just propaganda though...does anyone know for fact?

DC Dems are very likely getting massive kickbacks on all of this cash, so of course, the Dems in charge in DC don't want any accountability.
Well, clearly money is fungible, so if we give them money to pay for bullets, then they can use the money they were going to use for bullets to pay for pensions. So in that regard, I think it is fair to say we (and other western countries providing aid) are definitely paying for non-military expenditures by Ukraine’s government. Whether that’s ok or not so going to depend on your own point of view. You seem to be somewhat dubious about that….I’m basically ok with helping them to keep the country running. I would be surprised if there is any truth to Zelensky purchasing luxury items with foreign aid. If that were the case, my opinion of him would be completely different than my current favorable view of him. I hope what you have read is misinformation.

Can you explain to me how you think this kickback scheme that benefits the Dems is working? I’m actually not trying to catch you in a lie or challenge your beliefs….I just don’t understand how this would work. If the funds are going from the US Treasury or the arms are being taken from US inventories, I can’t immediately see the mechanism for any graft on the part of politicians here.

Old 12-03-2023, 12:52 PM

43,336 posts, read 18,466,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Well, clearly money is fungible, so if we give them money to pay for bullets, then they can use the money they were going to use for bullets to pay for pensions. So in that regard, I think it is fair to say we (and other western countries providing aid) are definitely paying for non-military expenditures by Ukraine’s government. Whether that’s ok or not so going to depend on your own point of view. You seem to be somewhat dubious about that….I’m basically ok with helping them to keep the country running. I would be surprised if there is any truth to Zelensky purchasing luxury items with foreign aid. If that were the case, my opinion of him would be completely different than my current favorable view of him. I hope what you have read is misinformation.

Can you explain to me how you think this kickback scheme that benefits the Dems is working? I’m actually not trying to catch you in a lie or challenge your beliefs….I just don’t understand how this would work. If the funds are going from the US Treasury or the arms are being taken from US inventories, I can’t immediately see the mechanism for any graft on the part of politicians here.
We gave them money to pay for salaries, pensions, etc.
I already posted a link.

Old 12-03-2023, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
We gave them money to pay for salaries, pensions, etc.
I already posted a link.
Thank you for reminding us how helpful you have been to the discussion.

Old 12-03-2023, 04:58 PM

2,040 posts, read 1,329,259 times
One thing I've noticed is that the Russian propaganda artists here make it all about the USA and completely ignore the European Union and other countries' role in helping Ukraine defend itself.

Old 12-03-2023, 06:22 PM

43,336 posts, read 18,466,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
One thing I've noticed is that the Russian propaganda artists here make it all about the USA and completely ignore the European Union and other countries' role in helping Ukraine defend itself.
Well Congress can only work with the money we sent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies