Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2023, 08:40 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,594,564 times

Advertisements

Trump isn't my first choice, but Joe/Kammy are not a choice at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2023, 09:01 PM

6,113 posts, read 2,737,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
I haven't seen him being cognitively sound for the last four years.
You're not wrong and it's sad his handlers are supporting a second run. Elder abuse.

Old 12-23-2023, 10:24 PM

15,867 posts, read 6,569,892 times
The same could be true of a Trump presidency; you may wind up with whatever clown show he selects for Veep this time. The guy isn't getting any younger, and he may not be able to serve from jail. But, yeah, Kamala wouldn't have been my first choice. Or second.

Old 12-24-2023, 08:00 AM

9,538 posts, read 16,538,766 times
I voted for Biden but he will never see my vote again. I'm so disgusted with this Govt allowing all these migrants to just pour in here. Then the Govt disrespects us by making us support them with free room and board. I'm so fed up that my vote will go to Trump or whatever Republican runs. That is as long as Trumo or whoever deals with the border. Either put strong restrictions on this influx, or shut the border down. I do feel Trump and the Republicans would never tolerate the mess that is going on now. I can't even imagine Kamala as President, but it's almost a certainty if Biden wins Kamala would finish his term. Biden is so deteriorating by age now it's obvious he needs to go.

As far as I'm concerned anyone that votes for Biden is OK with the border crisis. They are ok with someone that clearly is not capable of doing his job properly and puts us all in danger. I have relatives that think like that and will vote for Biden. I have had to literally shut my mouth when this subject is brought up by them. I can see how Politics can destroy relationships.

Old 12-24-2023, 08:21 AM

1,839 posts, read 679,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post

As far as I'm concerned anyone that votes for Biden is OK with the border crisis. They are ok with someone that clearly is not capable of doing his job properly and puts us all in danger. I have relatives that think like that and will vote for Biden. I have had to literally shut my mouth when this subject is brought up by them. I can see how Politics can destroy relationships.
The border crisis might be alleviated by Congress.

Republicans want a more secure and less porous border. Democrats want to support allies and need Republican votes. So there might be a compromise soon as Republicans in Congress have tied the concerns together.

Old 12-24-2023, 08:23 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,991,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There's a risk with any president that they won't fill out their term. Biden is old, of course, but his likely rival is nearly as old. Biden's medical report looks very good. Trump, who knows? All we have is some vague pablum from his "doctor" while our own eyes tell us another story. As for mental ability, all that Biden is senile stuff is just right wing politics. He is sharp enough. Trump is a psychopath.

Now, Kamala. She's mostly an unknown. She could very well rise to the challenge and do a great job. She is as capable as anyone of assuming the office if need be.

The bottom line though is this: anyone, absolutely anyone, is a better choice than Trump. I will be making that choice.
Thank for this bit of comedic relief this Christmas Eve morning. I see someone's been hitting the eggnog early today, to think that Biden is "sharp", that questioning Biden's mental state is political, and that a medical report without a cognitive exam is sufficient.

We too have eyes, and our eyes tell us that Biden's a senile near-vegetable. As for Kamala, if you think she might rise to the challenge, you've been hitting something stronger than eggnog, I fear.

Old 12-24-2023, 08:26 AM

1,839 posts, read 679,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The same could be true of a Trump presidency; you may wind up with whatever clown show he selects for Veep this time. The guy isn't getting any younger, and he may not be able to serve from jail. But, yeah, Kamala wouldn't have been my first choice. Or second.
I think Trump going with Elise Stefanik would be the best choice. I liked how she grilled the college Presidents. While she is a MAGA, she wouldn’t be a crazy like Boebert or MTG. She is also from the NE, and Trump needs the suburban younger women demographic from NE border states esp like PA to vote R. Optics wise, she seems like the best choice.

Old 12-24-2023, 11:03 AM

1,207 posts, read 625,404 times
People who vote for Biden again are really voting for Obama, not Kamala. Come on now, everyone knows Obama is running this country now, Biden is just a puppet.

Old 12-24-2023, 11:19 AM

23,238 posts, read 29,080,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
And she is going to F this country up to a level that Carter/Biden could only dream of doing. Bottom line. Now that woman is dangerous. Far more dangerous than Biden ever was. She'll make Biden/Carter's term look like a Lincoln Presidency
Who cares!!! Her top advisors are the ones that are going to run the show, and corporate donors, and special interest groups.

No different with any other President. Stay calm!

Old 12-24-2023, 11:34 AM

13,639 posts, read 4,950,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's what people said in 2020
That was my first thought. For the past three years people on this board have been telling us how Biden has one foot in the grave, yet he keeps on going like an energizer bunny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies