Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2023, 03:41 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
LOL....these kids are not legally old enough to have sex......and Ohio just decided they can change it
In Ohio, without parental consent, a kid can't even get their ears pierced, yet are able to decide with their parents they should become the opposite sex, which is not possible, but they probably haven't studied biology yet.

The age for sexual consent in Ohio is 16, and they can consent to having sex with someone older.

I don't know, I can't but always think of NAMBLA (boy man love group) and their motto "sex before 8 or it is too late". I think this is why they start indoctrination on sexual matters in kindergarten.

I don't "feel" like a female, it is my biological reality. It is what it is, and it cannot be changed. I do think some do this for the sex trade, a special kind of sexual kink.

Feeling like any biological that you aren't is not dealing with reality. How would I know what being a "male" feels like. My husband could not tell me what it is "feels" like and agrees that it is not a "feeling". So, how can a child, who knows so little about the world, and experienced so little of life as their biological sex "feel" like another biological sex?

This is why they have psychological services.

These days, unlike when I grew up, males and females, at least the majority, can easily do the same jobs, dress in the same type of garments, have the same length and style of hair, etc., so the line isn't as hard as it used to between the sexes if ignores the biological sex. Generally, I see the trans dressing up like women of a much earlier day, maybe their mothers or grandmothers, so..........do your thing, but I will never believe that "feelings" define one's biological gender. It is not a thing to do with "feelings", but that is the claim, and "feelings" are dealt with in psychotherapy, not in surgery.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-30-2023 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2023, 03:53 PM

2,203 posts, read 3,361,673 times
The bill was HB 68. DeWine vetoes a bill that would have restricted both transition-related care for minors and transgender girls’ participation on biological girls school sports teams.

Agree w/Trump's feeling about him.

Old 12-30-2023, 04:20 PM

11,788 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post

IMO this trannie stuff is another fad, a weird and permanently-damaging fad but a fad nonetheless. If you want to be in the cool group, you need to buy into this hook. line, and sinker.

The human brain isn't truly mature until the early to mid 20s. Therefore I would limit this sick surgery to anyone 25 or older.

It's like a driver's license. We don't issue DLs to five-year-olds.

Nor do five-year-olds know anything about gender or transitioning blah blah blah. This whole movement is brainwashing, it's evil and we will see the blowback in 10-20 years. It will be ugly and it will be horribly tragic.
Exactly, I can bet 95% of us on this forum did something in their younger years to fit in or be part of a group - be it wear a certain style, pierce themselves, try booze and cigarettes - not because we really wanted to but everyone was doing it and we didn't want to stand out by not doing it. This whole trans thing is no different and in a few years they'll be on to something else meanwhile most of those that have had the surgery will live to regret it.

Old 12-30-2023, 04:24 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Read his veto message in full here. There are still restrictions on surgery for minors in the works. The bill just went too far for him to sign with a clear conscience after talking with those that would be affected.

https://governor.ohio.gov/media/news...-house-bill-68

Old 12-30-2023, 04:40 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Read his veto message in full here. There are still restrictions on surgery for minors in the works. The bill just went too far for him to sign with a clear conscience after talking with those that would be affected.

Still nope.

Trump is right.

Old 12-30-2023, 04:41 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I agree with Trump on this one.
yep.

GOP Gov Who Vetoed Trans Bills Received Over $40,000 From Children’s Hospitals Supporting Sex Change Procedures

Old 12-30-2023, 04:45 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Good for Trump!

Old 12-30-2023, 04:59 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times

Surprise!

Old 12-30-2023, 05:10 PM

1,434 posts, read 667,304 times
Again. All about the $. The clear conscience is BS.

Old 12-30-2023, 05:32 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post

I'm sure that the $40,000 he received from the Children's Hospital didn't hurt in easing his conscience.

If little Johnny or Jane's access to "Gender Affirming Care" is the only thing keeping them from killing themselves, it doesn't take a medical professional to figure out that they have bigger issues going on than trying to decide what gender they want to be.

Bills are "In the Works"? Is that like the "Check is in the mail"? Come back to us when he signs a bill banning "Gender Affirming" Surgery on minors. For some reason, I have a feeling we will be waiting a long time.

I understand this is hard, but Trump was still right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies