Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 08:07 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,350,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
You misread or mis interpreted the post. Biden is pro union, agree. Biden sided with UAW vs auto manufacturers when he marched on the picket line for five minutes. So Biden “picked a side”. Not sure what he’ll say next time auto manufacturers visit the White House. So much for President staying neutral.

The thread is about Biden’s supporting unions and thus supports “group labor” where even the laziest worker gets a raise. Biden supported the UAW’s push for a 4 day work week. Biden is always supporting unions that encourage working less but WHY? It appears democrats support all unions at the detriment of rewarding hard work.
Well, I guess I misunderstood your post. Biden also intervened in the railway strike to the advantage of management but for a good reason. Unions protect their members and some are lazy but you shouldn't generalize. I never understood the criticism of unions which elevate wages and working conditions when we live in a country with one of largest wealth disparities in the world.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies