Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 06:19 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Putin's analysis of the interview:

Quote:
Tucker Carlson’s interview last week with Russian President Vladimir Putin was so soft that even Putin thought it was a letdown.

“To be honest, I thought that he would behave aggressively and ask so-called sharp questions,” he said told interviewer Pavel Zarubin, according to a Reuters translation. “I was not just prepared for this, I wanted it, because it would give me the opportunity to respond in the same way.”

Putin noticed that, too.
“He tried to interrupt me several times, but still, surprisingly for a Western journalist, he turned out to be patient and listened to my long dialogues, especially those related to history,” Putin said, per a Google translation of a transcript posted on the Kremlin website.

That was a big disappointment for the strongman leader.
“Honestly speaking, I did not fully enjoy that interview,” he said with a laugh, according to a translated clip posted online on an X feed that monitors Putin’s comments:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...7adbff5d&ei=25

Old 02-15-2024, 06:25 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Putin's analysis of the interview:

“Honestly speaking, I did not fully enjoy that interview,” he said with a laugh, according to a translated clip posted online on an X feed that monitors Putin’s comments:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...7adbff5d&ei=25
Can't blame Tucker he was interviewing his hero. He was giddy. Its like a democrat journalist interviewing Obama.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:06 AM

24,483 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Can't blame Tucker he was interviewing his hero. He was giddy. Its like a democrat journalist interviewing Obama.

His Hero? What are you talking about ?

This was a huge opportunity for an American journalist to interview the leader of a country that is at war with an ally of the US. He had to keep it upbeat.

I'd say that Tucker held back the pointed more direct questions out of a concern that if he displeased Putin he might be detained in Russia. Would Biden lift a finger to help Tucker out of Russia if he was locked up on some bogus charge? I doubt it.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:09 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Lol. Putin called Carlson a journalist.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:11 AM

35,693 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Would have preferred Christiane Amanpour to have interviewed him. Think she would have asked the hard questions.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:12 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Putin basically did all of the talking in that interview. Maybe he should have rethought the 20min long history lesson at the beginning.

He is just stirring the pot. Nothing to see here.

All his comment does here is negate any validity of his content in the interview.

And let's be honest - they had to agree that some questions would not be asked.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:21 AM

23,561 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
His Hero? What are you talking about ?

This was a huge opportunity for an American journalist to interview the leader of a country that is at war with an ally of the US. He had to keep it upbeat.

I'd say that Tucker held back the pointed more direct questions out of a concern that if he displeased Putin he might be detained in Russia. Would Biden lift a finger to help Tucker out of Russia if he was locked up on some bogus charge? I doubt it.
Tucker did hold back, and I agree about being imprisoned in Russia by Putin and then being left to rot by Biden* probably was on his mind.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:25 AM

23,561 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Lol. Putin called Carlson a journalist.
So? You call Biden* a good president. LOL.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:29 AM

2,962 posts, read 3,530,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Why do people like you insist on posting such crazy things? I know you claim to be a moderate and post ultra left-wing propaganda. I guess you think that you will change opinions with the things you post? Anyways, try to post something based in logic. The USA is not at war with Russia and multiple journalists have interviewed Putin before, but of course, you won't say anything about that because you're a leftist and a hypocrite.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:43 AM

19,028 posts, read 27,592,838 times
It does not matter, if "Tucker" was "sharp" or "soft".

Does not really even matter, what Putin said.

What does matter, is
1. timing. After 4 years of no interviews to "western" journalists, Russian DOS chooses to give such interview.
2. message sent. As all, viewers will remember, will be general impression. And there it was. Capable, witty, knowledgeable, healthy. Which was a direct opposite to his portrait by western media. Kinda calls for "Oh, so a president can be all that?" thought - and certain comparison.
3. more important - money message, sent to pragmatic westerners. Language, they understand and care about. You already lost, several times, a lot of money, by sticking to your destined to fail projects. Keep doing it - lose even more.

"Tucker" was simply a carefully determined and chosen medium for the message delivery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.