Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 03:24 PM

18,430 posts, read 8,262,327 times

Advertisements

so what was their first clue......

'they do the jobs we won't do”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2024, 04:02 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Hispanic.html

Welp, that didn't take long. I can see why Trump has been getting more of the black vote. Lets see if other sanctuary cities start to hear the same complaints.
All you need to do to prove to Democrat voters that the centrist conservatives are always correct, is to just allow their Democrat politicians to enact their policies without interfering. Look at New York, Chicago and much of California, the people are fed up and finally took notice that, left unchecked, leftist Democrat policies will destroy this nation.

Old 03-03-2024, 04:15 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,275,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
"Stealing our jobs".

Jobs is just the first part of it. That is so old school. Its competition for housing, higher rents, overcrowded schools, hospitals. What do people think happens when you add 50+ million people to a country in just 20 years??? Do they think it is going somehow to become better? And that is not even counting Biden's illegals.

The rich and the companies like it, they are making money. Everyone else, not so much.
There was a report on the news about a week back of illegal immigrants living in a basement in Queens, NY. Like 70, or something. Staggering number. I would imagine most black residents in any city aren’t going to agree to live like that so that they can make $7.00/hour. Nor should they. This is an untenable situation. It doesn’t only affect black urban residents, either. But because it doesn’t really affect the limousine liberal, the people who actually have any influence over what can be done (or is a positive thing for them because they get really cheap labor), nothing will be done.

It also creates a terrible downward spiral because with fewer good jobs available, the people who need someone to come fix their roof or someone to watch their kids need the cheapest services they can get.

Old 03-03-2024, 04:51 PM

1,693 posts, read 609,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
So the white conservatives, who’ve really just wanted to send blacks back to Africa since the ratification of the 13th Amendment, now all of sudden care about how immigration affects these people?

Trump will definitely get a higher percentage of the black vote, but don’t think it has anything to do with traditional white conservativism. You have always been the main enemy of our freedom. Trump appeals primarily to working class, blue collar black men who still know that “you guys” hate them.
This post is full of left wing talking points about what conservatives (white ones at that) wanted but it’s really just full of ignorant left wing talking points. The truth is white conservatives wanted to free black slaves while democrats wanted to keep them as slaves. White conservatives led the abolitionist movement while democrats fought it.

In more modern times, democrats are still treating blacks like they are substandard. They keep lowering standards for them on many different fronts because democrats think black Americans aren’t capable. Conservatives don’t think this. As far as someone wanting to send someone back to where they were from, i have heard an equal amount of that from every race of every political party, but it certainly has not just been white nor just conservatives. Those comments are often not just about country lines but regions within America, Europe and elsewhere.

I hope more great black Americans are starting to realize that they are capable, have opportunity in the USA and don’t need the democrat plantation to get by in life. They can once and for all be free from democrats.

Old 03-04-2024, 07:24 AM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
This post is full of left wing talking points about what conservatives (white ones at that) wanted but it’s really just full of ignorant left wing talking points. The truth is white conservatives wanted to free black slaves while democrats wanted to keep them as slaves. White conservatives led the abolitionist movement while democrats fought it.

In more modern times, democrats are still treating blacks like they are substandard. They keep lowering standards for them on many different fronts because democrats think black Americans aren’t capable. Conservatives don’t think this. As far as someone wanting to send someone back to where they were from, i have heard an equal amount of that from every race of every political party, but it certainly has not just been white nor just conservatives. Those comments are often not just about country lines but regions within America, Europe and elsewhere.

I hope more great black Americans are starting to realize that they are capable, have opportunity in the USA and don’t need the democrat plantation to get by in life. They can once and for all be free from democrats.
I know, what a load of garbage! Most blue-collared white Americans do not hate Blacks. Sounds like someone with a big chip on their shoulder with a victim mentality.

Last edited by Oldglory; 03-04-2024 at 07:50 AM..

Old 03-04-2024, 10:23 AM

4,414 posts, read 5,147,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I know, what a load of garbage! Most blue-collared white Americans do not hate Blacks. Sounds like someone with a big chip on their shoulder with a victim mentality.
TBH, the whole country has a victim mentality. That trope is RIP.

And yes, blue collar whites don’t uniformly hate blacks and are just as human as anybody else.

Old 03-04-2024, 10:27 AM

7,908 posts, read 3,453,049 times
Impossible. The left has told us many times illegals only take jobs that Americans won't do.

Old 03-04-2024, 10:46 AM

52,214 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Impossible. The left has told us many times illegals only take jobs that Americans won't do.
I'm not in construction work per se, but my job has me involved with all phases of a building, from design to when the owners move in.

I've been around the construction business for 35 plus years. I've seen lots of jobs that used to be done by whites and blacks and are now largely Latino. Not saying that all of them are illegals, but I know that some do get phony papers and do end up taking jobs that were traditionally good paying. They don't pay as well as they used to these days. Dry wall, flooring, carpenters, general labor positions. Those were all decent paying jobs that Americans would and could do.

This they are doing the jobs Americans won't do is hogwash.

Old 03-04-2024, 10:48 AM

43,055 posts, read 18,231,767 times
those 10+ million aren't going anywhere.

And they will be coming after your jobs if the Fed has their way in re-defining "lawfully present".
NYS is considering allowing the "newcomers" to apply for state jobs.

Old 03-04-2024, 11:39 AM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post

Well one Black poster in here is avoiding this topic because he has claimed that illegal aliens aren't taking jobs from Blacks even though the Blacks in Chicago are claiming otherwise. I wonder what he has to say about that? Crickets........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies