Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 05:21 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times

Advertisements

He's at it again.

In yet another sop to those who cannot handle their business competently Biden's administration will cap CC late fees to a mere $8. Apparently Biden and democrats in general have their knickers in a twist because *gasp* banks are charging people for not paying their bills when due.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/03/05/i...den/index.html

Look for banks to find other ways to make their money. This likely will include dropping persons who make far fewer late payments then they allow currently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2024, 05:28 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
This time it was Google caught in crosshairs.

You'd think they'd learn by now...

https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/6/24...rets-china-doj

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...ai-doj-arrest/

I suppose you meant this to be a new topic, but yes, you'd think companies would have learned their lessons about hiring Chinese nationals. The issue has surfaced several times now at NASA and even in the services. If that's profiling, so be it.

Old 03-06-2024, 05:30 PM

1,299 posts, read 647,998 times
What a champion of the people!...although he could just cut taxes and government fees to help us peasants..

Old 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I suppose you meant this to be a new topic, but yes, you'd think companies would have learned their lessons about hiring Chinese nationals. The issue has surfaced several times now at NASA and even in the services. If that's profiling, so be it.
I work for a fortune 100 Aerospace Company and have worked on Defense and NASA programs over the years. I haven't worked with one Chinese National yet. I take it NASA employs them?

Old 03-06-2024, 05:47 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
I have a hard time feeling sympathy for banks or cheering the efforts of anything this admin does.

Old 03-06-2024, 05:52 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I work for a fortune 100 Aerospace Company and have worked on Defense and NASA programs over the years. I haven't worked with one Chinese National yet. I take it NASA employs them?
Not routinely, but there was this guy: https://www.space.com/20285-was-chin...y-at-nasa.html

Old 03-06-2024, 06:03 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Simple way to avoid late fees on CC or elsewhere; pay your GD bills on time.

If you regularly pay on time most CC companies or whoever will waive the one off late fee (things happen). But then you have those who take advantage and nearly every other month their payments are late.

People shouldn't be carrying balances on CCs anyway, and those running up huge ones but cannot pay on time are living above their heads.

Old 03-06-2024, 06:12 PM

9,870 posts, read 4,641,933 times
The fees aren't the killer it's the interest and credit score hit for some. A lower fee means more incentive to pay late. The more behind someone gets they will have higher bills to pay including back interest and/or higher interest rate.

If people cry they need the plastic they have to remember they are using 'plastic' that's generates interest and fees. Convenience is not cheap with all these places that have self checkout lines requiring a card debit or credit.

Old 03-06-2024, 06:14 PM

5,150 posts, read 3,758,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Simple way to avoid late fees on CC or elsewhere; pay your GD bills on time.

If you regularly pay on time most CC companies or whoever will waive the one off late fee (things happen). But then you have those who take advantage and nearly every other month their payments are late.

People shouldn't be carrying balances on CCs anyway, and those running up huge ones but cannot pay on time are living above their heads.

I agree but there are a lot of people who have paid on time for decades who are one medical emergency from catastrophe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies