Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 05:51 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times

Advertisements

I think Kelly summed it up well. 400,000 American GI's died because of Hitler. He deserves zero praise. But Trump has praised Putin many times. Praised Xi of China many times. Praised "Rocket Man" too.
Trump’s Jaw-Dropping Praise For Nazi Leader Adolf Hitler Revealed By Ex-Chief of Staff John Kelly

According to comments Kelly made for Sciutto’s book “The Return of Great Powers” that comes out Tuesday, Trump started by saying Hitler “did some good things” and went on from there:

“He said, ‘Well, but Hitler did some good things.’ I said, ‘Well, what?’ And he said, ‘Well, [Hitler] rebuilt the economy.’ But what did he do with that rebuilt economy? He turned it against his own people and against the world. And I said, ‘Sir, you can never say anything good about the guy. Nothing,’” Kelly recounted. “I mean, Mussolini was a great guy in comparison.”

“It’s pretty hard to believe he missed the Holocaust, though, and pretty hard to understand how he missed the 400,000 American GIs that were killed in the European theater,” Kelly told me. “But I think it’s more, again, the tough guy thing.”

Trump’s admiration for Hitler went further than the German leader’s economic policies, according to Kelly. Trump also expressed admiration for Hitler’s hold on senior Nazi officers. Trump lamented that Hitler, as Kelly recounted, maintained his senior staff’s “loyalty,” while Trump himself often did not.

“He would ask about the loyalty issues and about how, when I pointed out to him the German generals as a group were not loyal to him, and in fact tried to assassinate him a few times, and he didn’t know that,” Kelly recalled. “He truly believed, when he brought us generals in, that we would be loyal — that we would do anything he wanted us to do,” Kelly told me.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:15 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
saying 'Well, [Hitler] rebuilt the economy' is 'jawdropping praise'?

Old 03-12-2024, 06:24 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think Kelly summed it up well. 400,000 American GI's died because of Hitler. He deserves zero praise. But Trump has praised Putin many times. Praised Xi of China many times. Praised "Rocket Man" too.
Trump’s Jaw-Dropping Praise For Nazi Leader Adolf Hitler Revealed By Ex-Chief of Staff John Kelly

According to comments Kelly made for Sciutto’s book “The Return of Great Powers” that comes out Tuesday, Trump started by saying Hitler “did some good things” and went on from there:

“He said, ‘Well, but Hitler did some good things.’ I said, ‘Well, what?’ And he said, ‘Well, [Hitler] rebuilt the economy.’ But what did he do with that rebuilt economy? He turned it against his own people and against the world. And I said, ‘Sir, you can never say anything good about the guy. Nothing,’” Kelly recounted. “I mean, Mussolini was a great guy in comparison.”

“It’s pretty hard to believe he missed the Holocaust, though, and pretty hard to understand how he missed the 400,000 American GIs that were killed in the European theater,” Kelly told me. “But I think it’s more, again, the tough guy thing.”

Trump’s admiration for Hitler went further than the German leader’s economic policies, according to Kelly. Trump also expressed admiration for Hitler’s hold on senior Nazi officers. Trump lamented that Hitler, as Kelly recounted, maintained his senior staff’s “loyalty,” while Trump himself often did not.

“He would ask about the loyalty issues and about how, when I pointed out to him the German generals as a group were not loyal to him, and in fact tried to assassinate him a few times, and he didn’t know that,” Kelly recalled. “He truly believed, when he brought us generals in, that we would be loyal — that we would do anything he wanted us to do,” Kelly told me.
Is there an audio recording - or is this just his recollection? I could make any accusation that you said this or Biden said that with no truth behind it. You are really getting desperate with all these threads - you're ramping up your game guy.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:36 AM

1,702 posts, read 782,921 times
“Hitler” is the go to insult whenever someone can’t win a debate on the merits. It’s kind of like saying “yo mama” when you can’t come up with a better rebuttal to your opponent’s joke.

Trump did not create Auschwitz, he did not put people in concentration camps, he did not gas people with Zyklon B. He never supported doing any of these things either. Democrats, on the other, are have much more in common with Joseph Stalin and Vladimir Lenin. They want to shut down everybody they disagree with and put commissars on every corner.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:41 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Duh.
Speak with an historian. A real one and not some leftist hack.
Might be hard to believe, but Hitler actually had some strong points lol.
There is a ton of misinformation and misdirection when it comes to early 20th century Germany. Think of Bush 2 & Iraq/WMD, etc…we are spoon fed info that meets an agenda, a narrative.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:41 AM

10,754 posts, read 4,344,063 times
The Real John Kelly
The chief of staff reveals himself to be a dishonest man.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...onest-man.html
This response tells us several things about Kelly. First, he refuses to retract statements that are indisputably false. In his remarks at the podium, he accused Wilson of claiming that she had secured the money for the building. That’s literally impossible. He also got the building’s cost wrong by a factor of nearly 10, which tells you, at a minimum, that his memory is bad or that he tells stories without fussing about facts.

Second, Kelly publicly invokes unspecified allegations by anonymous witnesses. If he has witnesses, he should present them. If he won’t put them on the record—or at least specify where and when they claim Wilson made the statements he attributes to her, so that reporters can check out their stories—then he’s just compounding his smear. There’s nothing honorable or trustworthy about claiming to have secret evidence. And it’s particularly damning that Kelly has retreated to unfalsifiable allegations after his falsifiable allegations were discredited.

In his interview with Ingraham, Kelly pretends he’s doing Wilson a favor by asking his anonymous witnesses not to come forward. “We should let go” of the dispute, he says, feigning mercy and decency. No, let’s not. On Oct. 20, the Miami Herald reported that Wayne Messam, a mayor who attended the 2015 ceremony, “said Wilson did not engage in any grandstanding either on or off camera.” Kelly isn’t keeping his talk of witnesses, times, and places vague to protect Wilson. He’s keeping it vague to protect himself.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:42 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Meanwhile, in the 21st century, the current US President continues to blast and insult half of America, while he supports and defends the illegal aliens coming across our own border.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:46 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Is there an audio recording - or is this just his recollection? I could make any accusation that you said this or Biden said that with no truth behind it. You are really getting desperate with all these threads - you're ramping up your game guy.
A lot of people wouldn't believe it if there was a recording. They don't believe the recording of his call to Raffensperger or the recording done while he was showing classified docs around the table in Bedminster are real.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:49 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,229 times
This one can’t be real because if this was really true we’d have heard about this 5-6 years ago

Old 03-12-2024, 06:55 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
saying 'Well, [Hitler] rebuilt the economy' is 'jawdropping praise'?
No kidding. It is not a lie. Aside from his evil doings Hitler did rebuild the economy. That is one way he gained favor with the German people and helped him get in his position of power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.