Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2024, 03:14 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times

Advertisements

https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion...un=g2189574d0r

— Combating vaccine falsehoods and other inaccurate claims protects public health

Quote:
Online misinformation about vaccines harm patients, undermines trust in science, and places additional burdens on our healthcare system through reduced vaccine uptake. All in all, it is a barrier to protecting public health.

As physicians, we see the damages caused by vaccine misinformation firsthand, and we welcome conversations with our patients about vaccine safety and efficacy. However, the widespread proliferation of misinformation and disinformation has triggered higher levels of vaccine hesitancy and refusal, allowing a resurgence of vaccine-preventable diseases such as measlesopens in a new tab or window that we had nearly eradicated.
This is a serious medical problem (I won't even go into the highly charged COVID vaccines) but when an eradicated disease comes back we are in deep dodo

What's next polio, smallpox etc?

So many anti-vaxers have no clue as to the ramifications of their actions. Measles is not a benign illness. It can lead to life threatening situations

We all know how bad smallpox was. AS for polio, growing up in the 40s and 50s, I lost a lot of friends to polio and sadly visited a friend living in an iron lung (unfortunately, I lost contact with him when we moved to Cincinnati.)

These "ancient" diseases are coming back due to illegal immigration, defrosting permafrost, air travel all over the world and the stupidity of not being vaccinated!

This article needs attention
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2024, 03:19 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
The more you censor, the more distrust you will see.

Old 03-26-2024, 03:21 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,499,251 times
Lol, how easy it's to convince people to hand over their rights to big brother. No matter your opinion on vaccination, just say no to government censorship.

Old 03-26-2024, 03:22 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Why have humans been fine all along until this year ?

Have people been dumbed down that much ?

More scare propaganda....."it's for your own good"

Old 03-26-2024, 03:23 PM

The FDA promoted their own falsehoods as well...only they won't get in trouble.

Old 03-26-2024, 03:26 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,499,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Even if the FDA/CDC had a spotless record (which they don't, far from it) I would still be against giving them the right to censor dissenting opinions, because no one is always right forever.

Old 03-26-2024, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
Even if the FDA/CDC had a spotless record (which they don't, far from it) I would still be against giving them the right to censor dissenting opinions, because no one is always right forever.
Well they just got their hands slapped by a judge and told to remove the "misinformation" they posted on their website about ivermectin.

Science: 1
FDA: 0

Old 03-26-2024, 03:37 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion...un=g2189574d0r

— Combating vaccine falsehoods and other inaccurate claims protects public health

This is a serious medical problem (I won't even go into the highly charged COVID vaccines) but when an eradicated disease comes back we are in deep dodo

What's next polio, smallpox etc?

So many anti-vaxers have no clue as to the ramifications of their actions. Measles is not a benign illness. It can lead to life threatening situations

We all know how bad smallpox was. AS for polio, growing up in the 40s and 50s, I lost a lot of friends to polio and sadly visited a friend living in an iron lung (unfortunately, I lost contact with him when we moved to Cincinnati.)

These "ancient" diseases are coming back due to illegal immigration, defrosting permafrost, air travel all over the world and the stupidity of not being vaccinated!

This article needs attention

Maybe people would trust the information more if government didn't lie to us about it to use as a political weapon?

Just a thought.

Old 03-26-2024, 03:40 PM

The walls of censorship are rearing their heads all over the place.....

Don't fall for it and let it happen. Once it happens we will NEVER, EVER go back to what we have today.

China did it by force
the US is doing it by coercion

Old 03-26-2024, 03:49 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Dont forget Dr fauci and the mainstream media. I remember when biden whispered into the microphone "take the vaccine take the vaccine" He really hypnotized them.

Anti vax does not mean anything. you might be for some vaccines but not others. so its all or nothing?

I don't like THIS pizza. why are you anti pizza? no I don't like pepperoni on my pizza and this pizza has pepperoni. you either like all kinds of pizzas or none!

misinformation means nothing it just means we want to censor you. when someone crazy says something really crazy and not true they don't try to censor they only try to censor when there is some truth to something. do you know what misinformation is? what ever I say it is. oh gee I am glad we cleared that up.

let's look at trust the science. wait you only want me to trust your scientists and not the ones I follow? science is about questioning knowledge. I am the minister of science and if you disagree with me you are wrong. we once thought asbestos was not dangerous. we once put lead in gasoline. the pharmaceutical companies never developed a highly addictive drug called oxycodone and said it was not addictive.

who owns the truth? well of course the CDC the Who and Dr fauci. remember folks if you get the vaccine you won't get sick. if you get the vaccine you won't spread it to others. if you get the vaccine you won't die.

its scary how corrupted the medical field has become. I mean really scary.

wait you are telling me you rushed a vaccine when most of them take 10 years and its safe? yes. sure ill take it . there is no limit at what they will do we should be very scared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies