Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for DeSantis over Biden?
Yes 54 65.06%
No 29 34.94%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 01:54 PM

19,881 posts, read 9,437,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
DeSantis is so anti-abortion, and America is so pro-abortion, DeSantis would lose in a landslide.
I doubt that very much. Most Americans are not extreme, left or right, when it comes to abortion, according to all the polls I have read. (It seems that most are in favor of a 12- or 16-week compromise.) To say it again, abortion law is now up to the states, and I really doubt that a national ban could be enacted within four years, no matter who is POTUS.

Btw, even though I am mostly pro-choice, I would greatly prefer DeSantis to Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2024, 01:59 PM

1,708 posts, read 789,841 times
Trump will be able to run. Any attempt to keep him off the ballot, rather than defeat him, should end in conflict if necessary. I do NOT want my candidates dictated to me by those who are afraid to actually run against him.

Old 05-07-2024, 02:01 PM

19,277 posts, read 17,154,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
They need to purge the party of the lefty extremists.
We need the old school Democrats to take a stand and make a unified comeback.
Get back to the days of compromise and balance between the parties.
Does that mean that the GOp will be tossing their MAGA extremists with their my way or the highway mentality to heck with how people are affected?

It takes 2 to compromise and balance.....

Old 05-07-2024, 02:10 PM

31,110 posts, read 22,155,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I have no love for the Republicans, but I'll never vote D until they go back more toward the center. The left seems to be gaining a large foothold in the party.
Don't you like their Summer of Love, their Jihad Squad, and now their Hamas Terrorist sweeping across our campuses

Old 05-07-2024, 02:13 PM

31,110 posts, read 22,155,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post

Btw, even though I am mostly pro-choice, I would greatly prefer DeSantis to Trump.
Same. I wish the OP put chose the identify poll option, as the poll doesn't agree with what people are posting.

Old 05-07-2024, 02:38 PM

16,671 posts, read 8,672,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Who cares? I'm voting for Trump no matter who's name is on the ticket.

DeSantis can try again in '28. His supporters need to stop trying to come up with clever scenarios where he still ends up the nominee in '24. It's starting to get silly.
Sadly, and God forbid Trump could pass away, be assassinated, somehow be legally barred from running, who knows.
Heck the same is true of Biden.

So yes I am voting for Trump, but if something were to happen to him, DeSantis is a great governor of one of the largest states, and would be my choice to beat Biden.

Old Yesterday, 05:03 AM

200 posts, read 97,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I have no love for the Republicans, but I'll never vote D until they go back more toward the center. The left seems to be gaining a large foothold in the party.
There's a lot of irony in your comment.

Old Yesterday, 05:52 AM

25,619 posts, read 17,364,311 times
Quote:
Assuming Trump cannot run anymore can DeSantis beat Biden?
I didn't answer to poll question. I have no idea, either way.

But I do believe this whole prosecution of Trump by Deep State Administration Democrats is an attempt by mostly un-elected bureaucrats to keep Trump out of the race. That's the Democrat's best chance to win, since they cannot beat Trump.

Old Yesterday, 06:01 AM

51,661 posts, read 25,900,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I didn't answer to poll question. I have no idea, either way.

But I do believe this whole prosecution of Trump by Deep State Administration Democrats is an attempt by mostly un-elected bureaucrats to keep Trump out of the race. That's the Democrat's best chance to win, since they cannot beat Trump.
Not only can Democrats beat Trump, they've already done so and that was before women's rights to their own bodies was on the table.

No, the 2020 election was not stolen. No evidence that occurred.

Trump is facing charges for crimes everyone pretty much agrees he committed. Not sure how how anyone twists this into a prosecution by deep state Democrats.

Old Yesterday, 06:03 AM

16,157 posts, read 6,903,459 times
It only makes sense to vote for any presidential candidate that is not nursing home material.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies