Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think gay marriages should be legal or illegal?
Yes 82 63.08%
No 48 36.92%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 11:06 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,877,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Wow, just wow. You think only gay people get AIDS? Is this 1982?

It's just as rampant in the straight community.

Stats for 2006

# of HIV/AIDS Cases in homosexuals: 17,465
# of HIV/AIDS Cases in heterosexuals: 11,584
I don't know where you got those figures but they're wrong. There is no doubt that AIDS started in the gay community and is spreading there more than among heterosexuals. I never said it was only restricted to the gay community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 11:16 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
I don't know where you got those figures but they're wrong. There is no doubt that AIDS started in the gay community and is spreading there more than among heterosexuals. I never said it was only restricted to the gay community.
You are incredibly misinformed.

Those numbers came directly from the CDC. I guess you know better than them, eh?

AIDS is growing globally at a much higher rate among heterosexuals now, because people are misinformed and think it's a "gay" disease.

AIDS started in monkeys and was spread to sailors and Africans.
Timeline of AIDS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was he gay?

Arvid Noe: A Norwegian sailor and lorry driver, who was probably infected in Cameroon some time between 1961 and 1965. After being fired from his job as a sailor in 1972, he became a lorry driver from 1972 until 1975. He picked up many prostitutes during this time, unknowingly giving them AIDS as well. He impregnated his wife in 1967, infecting both his wife and, later, his daughter (who was infected through childbirth). He retired from his job in 1975, being too sick to work, and died in 1976. His tissues tested positive in an epidemiology study in 1988.

Were they all gay?

Quote:
1966 - Genetic studies of the virus indicate that, in or about 1966, HIV first left Africa, infecting a single person in US. At this time, many Americans were working in Congo, providing the opportunity for infection.[5]
Quote:
1969 - A St. Louis teenager, identified only as Robert R., dies of an illness that baffles his doctors. Eighteen years later, molecular biologists at Tulane University in New Orleans test samples of his remains and find the virus that causes AIDS.[6]
Quote:
1975 - The first reports of wasting and other symptoms, later determined to be AIDS, are reported in residents of Africa.[7]
Quote:
1977: A San Francisco prostitute gives birth to the first of three children who would later be diagnosed with AIDS, and whose blood, when tested after their deaths, would reveal HIV infection. The mother would herself die of AIDS in May 1987. She was clearly infected by 1977 and perhaps earlier.[8]

Last edited by newtoli; 06-20-2008 at 11:26 AM..

Old 06-20-2008, 11:27 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Anyway, I agree with the other posters assertion that gay marriage would promote monogamy and reduce the spread of the disease among that group.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:40 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
25 years plus of death and dying and research and fundraising and information campaigns and still there are many people ignorant about AIDS. Astounding.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:52 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
That poll question is incoherent.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:28 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,896,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
25 years plus of death and dying and research and fundraising and information campaigns and still there are many people ignorant about AIDS. Astounding.
Not really. Look at racism and discrimination. Most people are very unwilling to alter their core values, however unreasonable and ignorant they may seem.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:27 PM

13 posts, read 42,039 times
that is wrong if you would interview every straight person who has Aids and then interview everyone that was involved with the person sexually or any way unpure you will find that the reasons are the same weather it's same-sex, drugs, blood transfusion, bisexuals, multiple partners, etc. I can guarantee that and believe it or not Aids were there in the B.C. times they just did not have many cases of it and there were not a name for it. The chipanzee who had it was tested upon scientist study on animals to find a medication so they must have given the chipanzee something whether a shot or what ever in order for it to have it. So don't even use the monkeys because the scientist were just exploring, as they continue to do today.

Last edited by oexume; 06-21-2008 at 08:58 PM..

Old 06-21-2008, 08:29 PM

what have you been drinking

Old 06-21-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It "ends" when you run out of consenting adult human pairs and combinations to enter into contracts.... which, I hate to break it to people, is really all marriage is... and HISTORICALLY was all about - PROPERTY PROTECTION!

The "love" thing is a fairly recent development, historically speaking, as arranged marriages were the norm.
Marriage was about love ever since God created it with Adam and Eve. Marriage is an institution that brings two people together purely to have sex together, live together and enjoy life together living life together helping each other then comes protection and property and all that extra stuff but God created this institution for His children to fill the land that is what it says in His word. Many people may not like what i am sayin but why was same-sex relationships always held behind close doors just because it is not pure but since the end of the world is coming and God already ordained this: that when the beginning of the end arrives you will hear nation against nation, rumors and rumors of war, morals diminishing and everyone trying to stay away from God. I love you all I may not like what you do but the humaness in you I love because God created you so I rather be the only one against what God is against then forfeit my faith and agree with you Same-sex marriage is an abomination to God period. Whether you like it or not but you still have time to change since your still alive.

And please can some answer my question y would someone rather have what they already have then get something they don't. And for a man what can another do to you sexually that a woman can't do besides up the butt. For a woman what can another woman do to you sexually that a man can't do. Please let me know cus i find homosexuality sickening.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:41 PM

Have you ever heard of bi-sexuals hello!!! that's y it entered the heterosexuals THink about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies