Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 08:58 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times

Advertisements

You decide. Wonder why we don't hear more about these folks that want to blow up Mexicans and have machine guns and hand grenades.... could it be that they are not Muslims but conservative white Christians??

Agent: Militia planned attack on Mexicans - Crime & courts - MSNBC.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 09:07 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
You decide. Wonder why we don't hear more about these folks that want to blow up Mexicans and have machine guns and hand grenades.... could it be that they are not Muslims but conservative white Christians??

Kev, Kev, Kev, try as you might there is no mention in that article on the race, religion, or political persuasion of the offenders. I know you want to paint all wack jobs as conservatives but it just isn't so.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:09 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Well....they are from Alabama...

Old 06-19-2008, 09:13 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:

I'll bet if this story develops, it will come out that these delightful fellows have visions of blowing up a whole LOT of folks, in a whole LOT of places...My guess(es)?....hmmm...how about Blacks? Gays? Catholics? Jews? "A"-rabs? Muslims? Foreigners? Communists? Draft-dodgers? Liberals? Puerto Ricans? Toyota owners? Chinese? Government agents? Somalis? The Pope? Race-mixers? Members of the Trilateral Commission?

Why should "Mexicans" get a pass? They're no different than the others..they just happen to be the object of the latest "Hate du Jour"...(by the way, I THINK these fellas pronounce it "Meskins")....

Old 06-19-2008, 09:15 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Where did you get the political affiliation... oh that's right, you are a mind-reading, always morally superior, know-it-all democrat... will wonders never cease... I think I met like millions of people like you.... too bad they are full of it...

Old 06-19-2008, 09:38 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:

Just couldn't stand the criticism of Al Gore, could you

In all seriousness, its a good thing they were arrested before they could implement any part of their plans.

Now, as far as your analogy goes militant muslims = conservative white christians, there is a difference and I know you are intelligent enough to recognize this.
In the case of militant islam there are imams that preach hatred and jihadism against the west for simply not being muslim and showing favoritism to Israel. (of course now that the Iraq war has been going on, they can and do add that to the list of horrible things about us. Thanks bush!) Anyhow, I'm not saying this is what all imams preach, or what all muslims believe or are receptive to......but they are very vocal, well funded and organized.
The white conservative christians on the other hand....annoying as hell I'll grant you. Still, the pastors do not preach hate and incite violence against any group of people although some do take an unseemly amount of satisfication at the thought of everyone else burning in hell someday. But they are not telling their congregants to kill anyone. They are not a homogenous group any more then religious muslims. The nutjob wing of white christian conservativism however lives on the fringe, and are neither well organized nor well funded and quite frankly aren't listened to.

And that kevk is the difference.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:40 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Well....they are from Alabama...
And to be fair, one of them had the last name of 'Bobo'. I can almost understand the simmering rage

Old 06-20-2008, 07:37 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Anyone notice this paragraph?...

Bobby Bobo, the defendant's father, said he "knew about some of the things, and I was concerned." But he said he was less worried after a relative in the Army looked at the cache and said there was nothing illegal.

Classic. Nothing to worry about here folks, all these firearms & ingredients for mass killing, it's allll perfectly legal. Go about your business. What a perfect example of ignorance & stupidity. Like the guy didn't know what was going on, please.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:55 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,115,379 times
These firearms should be legal, a militia is a group of citizens that are prepared to defend their town, county, state, and country.

The government IS the enemy when they come to take your weapons that they claim are "unauthorized" thus "illegal".

I call these guys Patriots.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:04 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Patriots because they want to kill Mexicans?

Nice one, mama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies