Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 07:21 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Not true. Learn to accept facts and the truth and get over it aleady.
What are these 'facts' and 'truths,' kind friend? I'd love your personal analysis of occupation in the Middle East. Then check back for my reply, because it just so happens that this is my life's study, and my job. =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 10:07 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Not true. Learn to accept facts and the truth and get over it aleady.
Good to see there are still some intelligent people left in the country. You and I will be riding the white horse, while the rest are eating crow, or perhaps they will be having tea in Iran, talking the killers into playing nice..!

Old 06-23-2008, 10:20 AM

717 posts, read 773,846 times
The argument over this War is old and pointless. Lets focus on getting things straight in the Iraqi Government. At least enough so we can start our withdrawl. It looks like there are some positive signs coming from the Iraqi Government lately lets hope its a trend. Look to the Future.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
puddy4Lyf -

Have you read "Setting the Desert on Fire" about British actions in western Arabia 1915 to 1918? (Sorry, but I have forgotten the author's name.) This is the story of the British use of the Arabs in defeating the Turks in this sector. It points out how the British enlisted the Arabs under false pretenses and betrayed them after the war. It is also very well written. I spent the entire weekend reading it.
Next on my list is TE Lawrence’s “Seven Pillars of Wisdom”.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
What are these 'facts' and 'truths,' kind friend? I'd love your personal analysis of occupation in the Middle East. Then check back for my reply, because it just so happens that this is my life's study, and my job. =)
Wow, so you have inside knowledge on the lies that no one else seems to have.. Is your "job" anything like Al Gores "job" with warning people of the global warming? Thats also a lie you know?

Or is your job the truth, at which point you'll be able to tell us what news show your on and how long you've been in the top ranking officials of the White House, be it under Bush, or Clinton..

Old 06-23-2008, 02:05 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
You and I will be riding the white horse, while the rest are eating crow, or perhaps they will be having tea in Iran,!

Or maybe you'll still be beating a dead horse while sipping the kool-aid?

Old 06-23-2008, 03:14 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wow, so you have inside knowledge on the lies that no one else seems to have.. Is your "job" anything like Al Gores "job" with warning people of the global warming? Thats also a lie you know?

Or is your job the truth, at which point you'll be able to tell us what news show your on and how long you've been in the top ranking officials of the White House, be it under Bush, or Clinton..
No inside info here, pgh. All I said is it is my life's study and my job. I have a degree in history with a concentration in middle eastern studies, and speak 5 dialects of Arabic and do translation work. I suppose I have more access to foreign information than the common American, but I don't purport to have any information that you couldn't have. Afterall, if you were so inclined, you could visit the English translation pages for many Arab newspapers, journals, and diaries -- afterall, many in the middle east read more NYTimes and CNN than many Americans.

I would assume you had a point, though? How about those facts and truths? (P.S. I never mentioned lies -- we all knew the misgivings of information, but I was asking another member about truths and facts that he said we needed to get used to -- so I was questioning what facts and truths he was speaking of...) Would you like a mulligan for your post, phg?

To Greg: One of my favorites is All the Shah's Men -- easy read, but written very interestingly, almost as a Tom Clancy novel for those who enjoy that sort of suspense.

Keep reading -- knowledge may be our only weapon. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies