Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 11:02 PM

365 posts, read 693,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Now I'm a strong supporter of abortion. People came up and said "Abortion is wrong. You're killing an innocent baby". How could it be murder if the child isn't born or have life yet? How could it be?
What a post! I can't believe I actually read this entire thread. I don't even know if I really have anything to add that will help you with your questions. It sounds like your pretty set on whether abortion is right or wrong. I wonder why you even posted?
I'll tell you why this caught me and sucked me in....
I got pregnant with my first child at a ripe ol' age of 16. Got married, had the baby. Got preg. again...got an abortion. Got preg again (darn condoms...hate 'em! Don't like 'em anyway, not natural.) Carried this one, born healthy. Got preg AGAIN...had another abortion (darn pill, couldn't afford it). I remember the "protesters"....Got preg. yep, again, carried him full term.
Here we were, children having children, the world against us, mocked us, but we were all we had. We did the best we could do. We didn't even deserve to raise the children we got. Poor, pitiful, drug induce...but we were all we had.
There did come a time when we knew we had to "grow up" or else...I won't go into gory details, but it was a that time we had got off the drugs and started to think for ourselves and get our crazy heads on straight. After getting cleaned up and on a better track I realised I had murdered 2 of my children....
I see the 3 I have and the 4 grandchildren I have as a result, it still pains me that I "used my rights" to murder my own flesh and blood.

I really don't care if it's legal or if the big wig people say it's not really a human until the brain functions. I really doubt the people that made the decision has had an abortion themselves. The baby still has a heart! People for abortion obviously don't.

I don't think anyone that has had an abortion can honestly look at themselves in the mirror, eye to eye, and say, "I made a decision to killed my own flesh and blood" and it not bother them at all? I don't believe that.

I'm sorry I can't tell you something you want to hear. And with all due respect for the 2 that can't speak for themselves....abortion is wrong. It's just wrong.

As for people who don't want children...then don't have any! My brother and his girlfriend don't have any. They been together as long as the 28 years my husband and I have been together. They are great people, loving, caring, just not the "have kids type." Nothing wrong with not wanting children at all...but there are a lot of people out there that can't have children. Give them a chance. Give the unborn baby a chance.
I was adopted, too, btw, so I could go on and on, but Im a bit heavy hearted right now.
Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 11:21 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,150,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poogie777 View Post
What a post! I can't believe I actually read this entire thread. I don't even know if I really have anything to add that will help you with your questions. It sounds like your pretty set on whether abortion is right or wrong. I wonder why you even posted?
I got pregnant with my first child at a ripe ol' age of 16. Got married, had the baby. Got preg. again...got an abortion. Got preg again (darn condoms...hate 'em! Don't like 'em anyway, not natural.) Carried this one, born healthy. Got preg AGAIN...had another abortion (darn pill, couldn't afford it). I remember the "protesters"....Got preg. yep, again, carried him full term.
Here we were, children having children, the world against us, mocked us, but we were all we had. We did the best we could do. We didn't even deserve to raise the children we got. Poor, pitiful, drug induce...but we were all we had.
There did come a time when we knew we had to "grow up" or else...I won't go into gory details, but it was a that time we had got off the drugs and started to think for ourselves and get our crazy heads on straight. After getting cleaned up and on a better track I realised I had murdered 2 of my children....
I see the 3 I have and the 4 grandchildren I have as a result, it still pains me that I "used my rights" to murder my own flesh and blood.

I really don't care if it's legal or if the big wig people say it's not really a human until the brain functions. I really doubt the people that made the decision has had an abortion themselves. The baby still has a heart! People for abortion obviously don't.

I don't think anyone that has had an abortion can honestly look at themselves in the mirror, eye to eye, and say, "I made a decision to killed my own flesh and blood" and it not bother them at all? I don't believe that.

I'm sorry I can't tell you something you want to hear. And with all due respect for the 2 that can't speak for themselves....abortion is wrong. It's just wrong.

As for people who don't want children...then don't have any! My brother and his girlfriend don't have any. They been together as long as the 28 years my husband and I have been together. They are great people, loving, caring, just not the "have kids type." Nothing wrong with not wanting children at all...but there are a lot of people out there that can't have children. Give them a chance. Give the unborn baby a chance.
I was adopted, too, btw, so I could go on and on, but Im a bit heavy hearted right now.
Cheers!
I know what you mean girl. Can't believe I did such a horrible thing. And you know what else? I've given baby birds a proper burial but my own flesh and blood got thrown out with the trash or flushed down the drain without a kind word of remembrance, an apology or a backward glance. I've never even done that to a dog.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:24 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,874,150 times
Quote:

Cheers!
May I ask, what do you mean by giving them a chance?

Old 07-08-2008, 02:41 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,316,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
There is one across from my doctors office, I see the protesters and the girls one after another going in
And that's the only service provided across the street from your doctor's - where you spend so much time, I'm sure.

I never said that condoms are the only form of birth control, you might want to read for comprehension, they do break, other forms fail.

And some people just don't want to carry a fetus to term.

It's really none of your business what others do, now is it?

Old 07-08-2008, 02:44 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,316,173 times
Quote:

I'm Not Sorry.net: Celebrating The Right To Choose
Not everyone feels as you do, they have choices to make in their own lives.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:36 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,462,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And that's the only service provided across the street from your doctor's - where you spend so much time, I'm sure.

I never said that condoms are the only form of birth control, you might want to read for comprehension, they do break, other forms fail.

I think I'm going to be the first here to say that yes, as a society, it is our business what other people do. It is my business to care, as is everyone else's here, what others do to other people or themselves. We have the obligation to care.

So yes, it is my business. Deal with it.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:49 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,738,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I think I'm going to be the first here to say that yes, as a society, it is our business what other people do. It is my business to care, as is everyone else's here, what others do to other people or themselves. We have the obligation to care.

So yes, it is my business. Deal with it.
You may feel like you have a right to shove your nose in my business but I also have the right to shove your nose back into your skull

Old 07-08-2008, 06:00 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,462,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
You may feel like you have a right to shove your nose in my business but I also have the right to shove your nose back into your skull
No, lawfully you do not.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:05 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,370,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

I never said it was my buisness, I gave my opinion. This is a forum ya know.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:38 AM

101 posts, read 180,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
I don't think violence is the answer, we do not need to bring in the ghetto to the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies