Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2008, 10:21 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,010,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
You may feel like you have a right to shove your nose in my business but I also have the right to shove your nose back into your skull
Damn straight! If you're not my husband or my doctor, what goes on with my private parts are of no business to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 10:57 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,740,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
No, lawfully you do not.
Lawfully? I do. Because in my state, if you're loitering on my property, I have the right to shoot you. If you're harrassing me, I have the right to file charges against you. If you continue to be a nuisance, I can have you thrown in jail. Virginia is such a great state!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:24 AM

645 posts, read 911,293 times
Default Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by poogie777 View Post
I see the 3 I have and the 4 grandchildren I have as a result, it still pains me that I "used my rights" to murder my own flesh and blood.
You didn't MURDER your own flesh and blood. Little dramatic don't you think. Abortion is not murder.

Quote:
I don't think anyone that has had an abortion can honestly look at themselves in the mirror, eye to eye, and say, "I made a decision to killed my own flesh and blood" and it not bother them at all? I don't believe that.
More drama.

Quote:
Give them a chance. Give the unborn baby a chance. I was adopted, too, btw, so I could go on and on, but Im a bit heavy hearted right now.
Cheers!
So, now you have had 2 abortions AND you are adopted. You must have been one ignorant woman to get pregnant so many times, and not want to. Broken rubbers, can't afford the pill. More drama.

The decision is the mothers, it is not murder. Keeping it legal makes it a safe MEDICAL procedure.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:28 AM

645 posts, read 911,293 times
Default Your business, maybe, maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I think I'm going to be the first here to say that yes, as a society, it is our business what other people do. It is my business to care, as is everyone else's here, what others do to other people or themselves. We have the obligation to care.

So yes, it is my business. Deal with it.
What happens to the child once it is born is YOUR business. Adopt it. Tutor it. Be a Mentor.
The FETUS is not a viable human being. It has not taken a breath, it cannot maintain homeostasis without the mother, therefore the mother makes all decisions (business) about the fetus.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:39 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,688,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
You didn't MURDER your own flesh and blood. Little dramatic don't you think. Abortion is not murder.

More drama.

So, now you have had 2 abortions AND you are adopted. You must have been one ignorant woman to get pregnant so many times, and not want to. Broken rubbers, can't afford the pill. More drama.

The decision is the mothers, it is not murder. Keeping it legal makes it a safe MEDICAL procedure.
Exactly. Just like an acquaintance of mine, who was vehemently pro-life, until she got pregnant, then had an abortion, then was super pro-life again. As long as you were able to obtain that abortion, who cares if other people can't right?

I had one, and I'm not sorry, at all. As are most others.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:50 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,740,607 times
I love the "holier-than-thou, I'm totally an exception from you" lot. Don't go pushing your own leg-spreading guilt on us. Most of us who are pro-choice don't care to carry your burden. You get to carry that on your own. But it was through our efforts that you were able to do the deed you supposedly abhor.

Last edited by SmerkyGrl; 07-08-2008 at 12:00 PM..

Old 07-08-2008, 01:26 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,311,776 times
There are times when the decision to abort a child lies with someone other than the mother -

Old 07-08-2008, 01:32 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,688,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
There are times when the decision to abort a child lies with someone other than the mother -
Unless they are drugging her and performing the abortion without her consent, the decision ALWAYS lies with the woman.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:50 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,127,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
If you were never conscious, then it never would have bothered you.

So if you are under anesthesia about to undergo surgery and the doctor starts molesting you, it wouldn't bother you since you weren't conscious??

Old 07-08-2008, 01:51 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,127,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Are you implying something?
I'm not implying anything, I am trying to forcibly say that if your mother felt the same way as you do, you wouldn't be alive today. Aren't you glad you're alive and your mother didn't feel the same way as you do today??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies