Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 03:23 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

I don't know did she have a He-her? or a She-he?

At least it's not a secret anymore, people like this do exist, and it just highlights how terribly confused and uncomfortable people can be over their natural born gender and malleable sexuality. If she was confused as a female and had hormones and surgery to look more masculine, then gives birth using her natural born female reproductive organs (which were not removed) it's just a female in surgical drag. A mirage.

Frankly, I don't have any children but I can only imagine that it's almost too late to protect them from seeing this and being raised around images which hijack their minds into believing that it is "normal" and nothing is wrong when someone with gender identity disorder not only alter their bodies in order to suit their mentality, they go against the natural order after body modification and give birth as a "man".

Really sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 03:28 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't know did she have a He-her? or a She-he?

At least it's not a secret anymore, people like this do exist, and it just highlights how terribly confused and uncomfortable people can be over their natural born gender and malleable sexuality. If she was confused as a female and had hormones and surgery to look more masculine, then gives birth using her natural born female reproductive organs (which were not removed) it's just a female in surgical drag. A mirage.

Frankly, I don't have any children but I can only imagine that it's almost too late to protect them from seeing this and being raised around images which hijack their minds into believing that it is "normal" and nothing is wrong when someone with gender identity disorder not only alter their bodies in order to suit their mentality, they go against the natural order after body modification and give birth as a "man".

Really sad.
Do you really sit around and ponder this stuff?
My view was, oh that's interesting and I left it at that.
I moved on with my life.
I don't feel the need to wallow in someone else's pain just to judge them based on my life experiences.

You need to get out more.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:36 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
well this is a good topic to discuss. gender identity. sexual reassignment. differerence between "male" and "man".

and yes, when this came out i did sit around, by my lonesome and with friends trying to figure out how this happens.

my biggest beef was that they said it was a MAN that gave birth, when in fact it wasnt.

i do think that it helps in terms of visibility for those who deal with gender dysmorphia. dont know how helpful in terms of acceptance or tolerance, but it does give a face to ex-lesbians/transexualist.

and, since they put their lives on oprah or whatever, we all have a chance to opine. thats CD is right?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:43 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
There's a difference between opinions and insulting hate speech, don't you think?
The hijacking minds was a bit much. No one hijacks a mind, how is that possible?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:58 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvement View Post
.......this person is a "man," ...... that is why they call her one.
That just doesn't compute.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:59 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
So, if my aunt buys a set of balls, that make's her my uncle?

Old 07-07-2008, 04:25 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
Your Auntle.

Or your Auncle.

lol!

Old 07-07-2008, 04:45 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,719 times
I have always wonder what if we lived in a society that was gender neutral. Would there still be trans people?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:43 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
Too in-your-face. That's funny.

I find it really funny how people here on CD put their ideas out there then don't want anyone questioning them or drawing attention to inconsistencies or asking them in any way to explain their remarks. If that's what you want, why not just surround yourself with people who agree with you, or sit around talking to the mirror all day?
I do monitor my son's tv but he has friends with older siblings and that is where he hears a lot of stuff. People need to realize that kids see stuff everywhere. The hoochie girls who don't wear any clothes anymore. The gang looking guys who have their bling and tattoes. And don't get me started on the teenagers running around cursing like sailors. I can't control that. He also sees the news sometimes when I claim the tv. I'm not going to totally shelter him from everything b/c the world is a cold, sad place and it's better to realize it than have it smack you in the face.

I don't mind someone having differing opinions than me. I just don't appreciate it when people don't agree with mine and decide to call me a redneck or uneducated b/c they believe the only opinion that counts is their own. I'll gladly "read" what one has to say but I don't have to agree and I can debate without being rude.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:48 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
Just for the record, I mentioned Oprah not because my kids watch it but because the she-male in question had an objective, and that was to be a freak show that intentionally flies in the face of every "typical closed minded" American who believes in customary gender roles.

My child does not read the drudge report either, nor all the other news media that allowed this individual to capitalize on the publicity of his/her/its bizarre procedures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies