Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 12:19 PM

272 posts, read 1,003,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
This is the 2nd time you've said hoax, what the hell are you talking about?
Its just as he said,GW is a HOAX.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:22 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
Okay, I move we place a ban on the word "hoax" on this thread until someone describes it as something more than a liberal-outrage buzzword.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:14 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Okay, I move we place a ban on the word "hoax" on this thread until someone describes it as something more than a liberal-outrage buzzword.
Excuse me...where do you find all this outrage? I think you may have a very vivid and inaccurate imagination....

And it wasn't a liberal who introduced the word into this thread.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:10 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Germany is pretty green already. No one is footing their bill.
Bush refuses to set any benchmark for the US and continually thumbs his nose at the rest of the world.
The US does not play well with others.
Once again I may misunderstand what the GW accord is about but I do know that the last one was calling for the USA to foot a major part of the bill. Not unlike the UN.
For 1 thing for every scientist that feels Global warming is a real threat you have an equally qualified scientist that disagrees. Even those who believe in GW also tend to disagree about the cause, its affects and how to fix it. Rather than dump billions into questionable science I favor a slower more disiplined approach. Lets not forget that 30 years ago the scare was another iceage was on its way.
I am for changing building codes that require a more green approach to construction. For more strict pollution controls on factories. I am for forcing the big 3 to build more efficient cars. I am for forcing american oil companies to invest more in alternative fuel research.
I am against subsidizing any foreign countries efforts.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:34 PM

140 posts, read 562,906 times
This makes me very ashamed to call myself an American.
It is for this reason that foreign countries opinion of us has plummeted.
George W. Bush, HOW DARE YOU?
This is the most unbelievably idiotic move I think I have ever witnessed by GWB.
Pollution is not something to joke about.
All of the other G8 Countries are at least trying to cut emissions.
First, we don't jump on the 50% cut in emissions wagon, and then we JOKE about how much we put out.
This has to make people think Americans just don't care about the environment and could give a rat's hat if the Earth rotted.
Just imagine what people think of us now.
He needs to be impeached.
One more move like this, and I will strongly consider moving to Canada.
And I'm serious.
I am so ashamed, and outraged. Joke or not, it was not funny and I don't think would be considered funny in ANYONE's book. How did a idiot like this get elected twice?

Old 07-12-2008, 01:47 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgleCo View Post
I am so ashamed, and outraged. Joke or not, it was not funny and I don't think would be considered funny in ANYONE's book. How did a idiot like this get elected twice?
Unfortunately because only people led by leashes voted, the rest stupidly looked on & HOPED things would get better. At least I voted for Kerry, not that it did any good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies