Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 03:15 PM

889 posts, read 2,408,800 times

Advertisements

I marched on washington this weekend and the media ignored us. We marched for the economy, for freedom, peace, our civil liberties.

We marched in our Campaign for Liberty

We heard from Michael Scheur author of "Marching Toward Hell" and x CIA agent on the war in Iraq, from Naomi Wolf, author of "the End of America" on the 10 steps to Facism
YouTube - Naomi Wolf at Ron Paul Rally, from Adam Kokesh of Iraq Veterans Against the War
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pq4wcVy1Lrg, from G Edward Griffin - Author of The Creature from Jekyl Island about the Federal Reserve Scam, from Ron Paul the father of the Campaign for Liberty
YouTube - Ron Paul March on Washington 1 of 26,

Here...this is us marching. And no one paid attention....
YouTube - Revolution March Raw Uncut 2of2

But
Keep on marching....eventually others will wake up.

Something has to be done....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 03:16 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,417,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
March on DC? Since I've got a family to support, I'd spend my time hustling up work. Any work.

And I'm confident I'd find work.
how about if they declared you cannot leave the country for better wages,better health care,demanded you turn in your guns,declared 70%taxes on wages,insisted on a microchip implant,demanded no more than 2 children per family............would you use your right to assemble then?It fine to support your family but what kind of life will they have here besides food on the table?

Old 07-15-2008, 03:22 PM

564 posts, read 893,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I kind of agree with you on the marching part, but we are past the point of voicing our opinion with a vote in November. Neither Obama or McCain is going to make things better.
I'm with you on that! I'll go on to say (my thoughts)

Dr. Ron Paul, Mr.Ron Paul. I read his book. I think every voting American should read his book, and no amount of "non coverage" our beloved "free" press (LOL)would have not given, I am convinced this man should be our next president. If for nothing at all, throwing the two parties "non working policies" straight out of Washington! We need a constitutional change! A man who will back it, not try and destroy it.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:28 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,996,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
I'm with you on that! I'll go on to say (my thoughts)

Dr. Ron Paul, Mr.Ron Paul. I read his book. I think every voting American should read his book, and no amount of "non coverage" our beloved "free" press (LOL)would have not given, I am convinced this man should be our next president. If for nothing at all, throwing the two parties "non working policies" straight out of Washington! We need a constitutional change! A man who will back it, not try and destroy it.
It IS a good book...for those of you interested see below, and its only $12.60 right now.

591 Reviews, 556 of them are 5 star reviews.

Amazon.com: The Revolution: A Manifesto: Ron Paul: Books

#1 in Books > Nonfiction > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political Doctrines#1 in Books > Nonfiction > Philosophy > Political#1 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Political

Old 07-15-2008, 04:27 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,571,834 times
Rumor has it that recently, a group of Scandinavian farmers from the Dakotas got SO ANGRY at federal policies, that they finally set off to make a "March on Washington". Three months later, they had almost reached Spokane.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:08 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,179,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Because he is smart enough to know that a 3rd party will never be allowed and because he had about $6M left that could be (and is being) put to much better use in getting like minded Republicans organized and into office. And by "like minded" I mean those who are for limited taxes, limited spending, and following the actual rules of the constitution that have been shot to hell by the current "Republicans"
And billboards in St. Paul.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6682/train24e27280gk8.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-15-2008, 06:50 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,802,796 times
I would March but gas and planes are too expensive.
I will be happy to sign a protest email if that helps.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:54 PM

26,242 posts, read 49,140,136 times
First I'd have to buy some major assault weapons....

Old 07-15-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I would March but gas and planes are too expensive.
I will be happy to sign a protest email if that helps.
You can sign up here, and learn a ton of interesting stuff:

Ron Paul’s Campaign For Liberty

It doesnt require you to do anything, but you help the cause by being one more person signed up. Just your name, email, and zip are required...and I have to say in the month or so I've been signed up I've only got 2 emails, and they were informative.

You can get a ton of good info from the news/blog section of the site.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
First I'd have to buy some major assault weapons....
Make sure you dont vote for Obama then...according to him if you live in DC you can only have the gun in your home, unloaded, and locked away in a safe.

He is all for gun rights....well unless your municipality doesnt want you to have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies