Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 12:02 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
...Hopefully someone like Obama can get us to look beyond race and view everyone as an American - no prefix and hyphen - and have everyone treated equally and given the same opportunities in life regardless of race or ethnicity...
Not holding my breath on that one; he seems fixated on race as a divider, not a uniter, and don't even get me started on that wife of his and her hatred for other races.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 12:02 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
the same people who hyphenate americans are the same ones with last names like jones-thompson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
I think that anyone with an IQ larger than their shoe size realizes that the MSM and our government are politically correct to the highest degree.

You have to sort thru the PC distortions to really see what is going on.

I'm tired of people referring to hyphenated American groups of all kinds.

Aren't we ever going to be just plain Americans?

Yes, there is poverty across all racial lines - and you only hear about the minorities in the MSM. Sadly that's the world we live in today.

Hopefully someone like Obama can get us to look beyond race and view everyone as an American - no prefix and hyphen - and have everyone treated equally and given the same opportunities in life regardless of race or ethnicity- and get rid of discriminatory practices like Affirmative Action - they were needed 20-30 years ago - but not today - they are just reverse discrimination.

Of course I'm sort of dreaming - no one person is influential enough to make that happen by themselves, and I don't believe for an instant that the MSM can ever reform itself. Maybe that's why their ratings continue to go south, and so many newspapers are in trouble - they are just too PC for people to stomach....

And Yes, I do think poor whites are given the shaft in this country!!!

HubbleRules

Old 07-21-2008, 12:59 PM

3 posts, read 8,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Not holding my breath on that one; he seems fixated on race as a divider, not a uniter, and don't even get me started on that wife of his and her hatred for other races.
Isn't obama mother white and his father black. Seems like him more than anybody would be a good person for race relations. And why would michelle marry a half white men if she had a hatred for other races. Doesn't she have to go with obama when he visits his white side of the family. I definitely don't think that the people in the klan. Would marry women are men who are half black.

But back to the original topic. There are alot of whites who are out there struggling everyday to make it. Especially alot of white single moms who need help. I was raised by a single mom.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:44 PM

40 posts, read 75,859 times
My opinion is little bit different

I think it´s less conspiration on the whites than on the minorities! The white poor also are described as a minority, especially the stereotype of the white trailer trash and rednecks. But a "reall white" can´t be poor ... poverty is the natural state of the people who are born to suffer in the media - or let me say whose role is to suffer and live in misery, because their value as a human beeing is supposed less. I repeat it: Because their value as a human being is supposed less!

This is hidden racism or at least marginalisation of minorities. Marginalisized people have to be classified in marked off groups - within non-white communities it´s considered the normal case, within white communities it´s considered only the backwards, dumb and anti- social

In Germany it´s similar. The poor must be more dark skinned aliens, German Russians or poor right wing Nazis especially in the marginalisized eastern part of Germany. But a "reall German" hasn´t to be poor. His natural state is to be superior and better educated.

I realize in this media conception the hidden message to stress the superiority of the whites in the US or in Germany the superiority of the original Germans!

Let me give another example:

We see in the mass media about black africa only reports about poor and suffering people, civil wars, corrupt leaders and exotic voodoo stuff. This is the role the black subhuman beeing have to play. If some whites are driven in poverty or disadvantage like in Simbabwe especially the anglo- saxon media starts dirty campaigns against the black leaders like Mugabe. For sure he´s an evil and corrupt president, but he isn´t the only one in this corner and all over the world. The only reason that the media pay attention to his reign is his anti- white policy. They want to show us, that the indigenious african black can´t stand on his own feet without the white charity and assistance. So the media point out, that people in Simbabwe now live in misery and hunger because the blacks can´t manage the agriculture.

Or take Gaza: the subhuman arabs in Gaza are allowed to suffer. They are welcomed if they´re dependent on international charity and if they only voted Hamas because of social issues. But they´re our enemy if they stand up for their rights and struggle against the scandalous injustice. Weak arab - good arab, strong arab - evil arab.

Racism towards the coloured and non- european people and the feeling of white superiority aren´t gone. Nowadays the media don´t agitate us against the subhuman race, nowadays they want us to take pity on the subhuman race.

By the way I´m an original white German muslim

Do you understand what I want to say?

Last edited by AnInterestingGerman; 01-25-2009 at 09:20 PM..

Old 07-27-2012, 08:43 AM

119 posts, read 99,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Really? Minorities believe that? I wonder why I've seen so many minorities on this forum point out that white people benefit from AA and social programs too? Maybe I was reading the posts wrong.

I think the biggest misconception with this is that the media doesn't like to broadcast poor white people. They have no problem running stories on poor black people, but when they do them for white people they have to be poor because an airplane fell on their house and dad broke his back trying to save a baby elephant and mom can’t work because she has to stay home and care for her disabled child that the state won’t provide medical coverage for. It’s like they have to give a reason for white people being poor, but other races are poor just because.

I’m not saying I feel this way or I agree with it but that’s the way the media sets it up.

I feel sorry for poor people in general, especially the ones who can't see their way out of their current situations.

The bolded is a crock not to mention yet another excuse! The media runs stories typically where crime is involved. Did you not see the news re:

[SIZE=2]Law enforcement officials are probing the circumstances behind the death of a suspect pursued by a police officer after they both tumbled off a ledge into Niagara Gorge.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Witnesses to the incident said that the Niagara Regional police officer was giving chase to another man before both of them fell up to 100-feet to the bottom of the gorge which leads directly to the world famous Niagara Falls.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Initial reports said that the suspect jumped over a retaining wall around 5 p.m. followed by the police officer and while the officer was seriously injured but survived, the unnamed suspect died following the fall.[/SIZE]

Read more: Suspect dies and police officer suffers serious injuries after both fall 100-feet into Niagara Gorge during foot-chase | Mail Online

Media gives the same footage to lower income, stupid, white people, that get themselves into trouble as they do black people who possess the same traits. Perhaps, at least of late, there is actually a correlation to media broadcasting about black crime and black crime.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:53 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,094 times
No I don't feel sorry for them.

To overcome their circumstances, they just need to exercise their white privilege.

They also don't have to worry about employees following them around the store as they shop for their newest "Jordan's".

No organization should be able to form to assist "rural youths" like there are to assist "urban youths", a code word for black youth. These rural white folks just need to tap into that ever present "privilege" and voila, their problems are all solved.

That's what our elites and (pseudo) intellectuals want us to believe.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:00 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
Round here all white folks make up the majority. Needless to say , most of the poor are white. If they decided that having a kid when they were young , uneducated and had no marketable skills was a good idea then they can deal with the consequences.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:05 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Really? Minorities believe that? I wonder why I've seen so many minorities on this forum point out that white people benefit from AA and social programs too? Maybe I was reading the posts wrong.

I think the biggest misconception with this is that the media doesn't like to broadcast poor white people. They have no problem running stories on poor black people, but when they do them for white people they have to be poor because an airplane fell on their house and dad broke his back trying to save a baby elephant and mom can’t work because she has to stay home and care for her disabled child that the state won’t provide medical coverage for. It’s like they have to give a reason for white people being poor, but other races are poor just because.

I’m not saying I feel this way or I agree with it but that’s the way the media sets it up.

I feel sorry for poor people in general, especially the ones who can't see their way out of their current situations.
White women have benefited from AA and social programs more than any other group, due to the possession of a vagina making one part of a "protected class". Society and the market have now evened things out. In fact, male privilege is a thing of the past and female privilege is the new reality.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:11 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Wow, reviving a lame 4-year-old thread. Talk about the living dead.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:19 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Wow, reviving a lame 4-year-old thread. Talk about the living dead.
i guess you'll want to complain to the site admin about doing away with these, then:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies