Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 11:54 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,796 times

Advertisements

FoxNews.com

Quote:
Police in Chicago are looking for three people after acid was thrown into a woman's face during an early Monday morning attack.
Esperanza Medina, 48, is in serious condition with burns over a quarter of her body after police said she was attacked on her way to work by two women with a caustic substance at around 6:45 a.m. on Monday, the Chicago Tribune reports.
"She has no hair," her daughter Shirley Medina told MyFOXChicago.com. "Her whole face is burned."
The woman's boyfriend told MyFOXChicago.com that the substance melted Esperanza Medina's clothing.
The victim had recently received threats and had her tires slashed, MyFOXChicago.com reports. She had recently moved to Chicago from Wyoming, Mich., the Tribune said.
Surveillance video showed the two women believed to have thrown the caustic substance, and a third suspect, a man, was seen running at the scene with a baseball bat, MyFOXChicago.com reports. He was recognized as a man who stole Esperanza Medina's purse several weeks ago.
The "killing fields" of Chicago, New York, Los Angeles and other inner cities! Another example of why the US needs a para-military force to control the violence that will, eventually, consume all of us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 12:02 PM

194 posts, read 299,226 times
I'm going to say this one time. You roll through my streets with that para-military crap, you're likely to get tankjacked. Hell, I'd like to see to see it happen.

Sorry, Stevie, but nobody is going to give you permission to shoot up a bunch of black, brown and poor people. Maybe if McCain gets into office, but for now? It's a negative.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:32 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
here we go with the racial bit...

Old 07-29-2008, 01:08 PM

194 posts, read 299,226 times
Hi, Karen! Still single, lonely, and hating every woman who isn't?

Old 07-29-2008, 01:12 PM

Haha, you know me too well. How could you tell?

Old 07-29-2008, 01:18 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BButrell View Post
I'm going to say this one time. You roll through my streets with that para-military crap, you're likely to get tankjacked. Hell, I'd like to see to see it happen.

Sorry, Stevie, but nobody is going to give you permission to shoot up a bunch of black, brown and poor people. Maybe if McCain gets into office, but for now? It's a negative.
Nobody is talking about shooting up a bunch of any persons, of any race. And John McCain has no interest in "shooting up" any race either. There is no race or ethnicity when it comes to violence and mayhem, lives lost and destroyed are color blind when it comes to bodies taken to the morgue!

Old 07-29-2008, 01:22 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,914 times
Yea, sensationalize violence to cause even more unrest and chaos. Hypocritical isn't it? The media wears it well. Except when it is actually something people would consider criminal and have a chance to do something about it. Ahem like backdoor policy.

Last edited by the_pines; 07-29-2008 at 01:33 PM..

Old 07-29-2008, 01:23 PM
khp

40 posts, read 1,084,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BButrell View Post
Hi, Karen! Still single, lonely, and hating every woman who isn't?
I'm not sure that I disagree with sending the military into a city riddled with crime. I lived in New Orleans, LA for quite a while and can tell you that it was very dangerous in certain areas. Nearly every person I know was held up at gunpoint at one time or another. My father is actually a New Orleans police officer to this day; you would be shocked at the horrific scenes that he has witnessed. True animalism...

I do want to be clear that I do not think the military or police force have the right to "shoot up" people because of race or economic status. That being said, anyone who is committing a crime (regardless of race or poverty level) should be arrested. A larger police (or military) presence on the streets of inner cities may help prevent thousands of innocent black, white, Hispanic, etc. people from getting unnecessarily harmed.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
It seemed to have worked in New orleans while they wre there. Its called marshal law and has beeen used before.Probbaly would have been a good thing in many cities were they rioted and have still never recovered.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:26 PM

khp, I"m not sure why you changed your post, but...it's okay and I appreciate your (now deleted) concern.

A couple therapy sessions and I'll be good as new, fully recovered from (snif) bbuttrell's post which hurt my feewings.

Thanks!

My initial post was merely to call attention to the fact that the PP's entry was not related to shooting up brown people, much as bbuttrell wishes it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies