Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 08:46 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,483,906 times

Advertisements

i was unaware that they were.
how is it in england?
fyi your profile is a blank. it would help to give better answers if i had an idea of where you are coming from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 09:22 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,144,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i was unaware that they were.
how is it in england?
fyi your profile is a blank. it would help to give better answers if i had an idea of where you are coming from.
Not sure who you're responding to. (?)

Old 09-16-2008, 10:15 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,301,312 times
[quoteYou mean like girls gone wild and some Mardi Gras parades? Gay people certainly don't have a monopoly on that kind of behavior and sharing it with the public. /quote]

The subject matter wasnt girls gone wild........so why attempt a change at it????

and the rest of your corollary about middle school stuff,,,,,,really..........now
He grabbed my butt and I kicked his................how does that relate??????????

Oh just pass it off as sophomoric and that makes it less an offense and demeans the poster then....................

Sorry your response just doesn't "rise" to a respectable answer........

Old 09-16-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post

The subject matter wasnt girls gone wild........so why attempt a change at it????
I didn't change the subject. The subject was promiscuous behavior. I provided a couple more examples to demonstrate how gay people don't have a monopoly on that kind of behavior by a long shot. If you're offended by gay pride parades, as you suggested, you should consider the fact that nonsense like that is not exclusive to any sexual orientation. It's not a reason to be annoyed with gay people. Might as well be annoyed with people in general; seems like a great number of them like oversexed things. Playboy is fairly popular, right?

Quote:
and the rest of your corollary about middle school stuff,,,,,,really..........now
He grabbed my butt and I kicked his................how does that relate??????????

Oh just pass it off as sophomoric and that makes it less an offense and demeans the poster then....................
You fought back, which, IMO, is kind of like sinking to his level. All you had to do was say, "I told you not to do that," and move away from him. It does sound sophomoric, sorry. I don't know why you're taking it all so seriously. Your friend was either being a jerk or making a joke that you didn't want him to make. What does it have to do with gay people in general?

Quote:
Sorry your response just doesn't "rise" to a respectable answer........
I don't know what that's supposed to mean. Is there some contest here that I'm not aware of?

Old 09-18-2008, 01:46 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,787,194 times
Probaby because they habitualy engage in such gross acts in public?

Old 09-18-2008, 10:00 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,500,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Probaby because they habitualy engage in such gross acts in public?
And straight people do not habitually engage in gross acts in public? What is spring break or Mardi Gras then? I am gay, but I do not engage in those activities and never have. Wether they be straight or gay, all they are doing is seeking attention by over expressing them selves. I am comfortable and happy with myself and do not need to seek attention from others.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:29 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,301,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
?
Your friend was either being a jerk or making a joke that you didn't want him to make. What does it have to do with gay people in general?
?
Read the post again, he wasnt a friend he litterly was a person I had met at that moment who was bragging about his "Gayness" like I would be impressed. I wasnt and told him so.
He grabbed my butt which is different than a "pat" and I decked him then and there and his mistake was trying to get up..............what part of "that" dont you get.............

Old 09-18-2008, 07:34 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,923,127 times
Quote:
Read the post again, he wasnt a friend he litterly was a person I had met at that moment who was bragging about his "Gayness" like I would be impressed. I wasnt and told him so.
He grabbed my butt which is different than a "pat" and I decked him then and there and his mistake was trying to get up..............what part of "that" dont you get.............
a little butt grabbing never hurt anyone.. guess you know now what its like to be goggled over by a man... put you in a pair of heals and a dress and you could sit and compare stories with the ladies now

Old 09-19-2008, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Sorry I missed the part about him being a random person. That definitely would have pissed me off. I could take it from a friend and just tell the person not to do it again. I still don't think your complaint about him has anything to do with gay people--it's about jerks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies