Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 01:40 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
but he reacted to shadows and the sound of gunfire coming from down stairs. IMO if he was scared he shouldn't have been there in the first place.

She put herself and the children in danger, yes, but if this officer could have controlled himself this would not have happened.
-----------

Its impossible not to be scared have your adrenaline through the roof but perhaps he wanted to kill them.

Its obvious I am no fan of the police dept nor our worthless system which gives them a free pass and I stand by my statement of maybe he WANTED to shoot them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
The justice system does, and has to, allow the police to defend themselves when they feel their life is in danger. If not, we would either have a lot of dead officers or nobody willing to go into difficult situations.

I don't know enough of the details in this case to draw any real conclusions, but the article seems to convict despite the jury not convicting.
------------

I agree problem is how do we know the cops are telling the truth ?

Behind closed doors the cop can shoot you because he is having a bad day .
The courts believe him/her when they say they thought you had a weapon and life goes on.

Cops are human they arent angels sent from above who are incapable of being scum.

Did you see what happened to the Mayor of think MD (not sure) how they killed his dogs for sport?

Old 08-07-2008, 01:49 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
------------

I agree problem is how do we know the cops are telling the truth ?

Behind closed doors the cop can shoot you because he is having a bad day .
The courts believe him/her when they say they thought you had a weapon and life goes on.

Cops are human they arent angels sent from above who are incapable of being scum.

Did you see what happened to the Mayor of think MD (not sure) how they killed his dogs for sport?
I agree, there are bad cops. The question of how do you know what's true applies to any case in the justice system. You have to go with the evidence you have. I'm sure some cops have gotten away with bad behavior, and some have probably been falsely convicted.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:18 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Bottom line, stay away from drugs and drug dealers and you won't be in this type of situation. Her boyfriend should be charged in her death due to putting her in the situation in the first place.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:24 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Bottom line, stay away from drugs and drug dealers and you won't be in this type of situation. Her boyfriend should be charged in her death due to putting her in the situation in the first place.
To me that has nothing to do with it. Some real police work would have solved the problem.

Before someone does a raid and at night, they should do surveillance to see if the intended suspect was there. What if he had killed one of the other children? Obviously they were scared and hiding but for him to shoot at something he could not see because he thought he was getting fired at is not professionalism.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:35 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
To me that has nothing to do with it. Some real police work would have solved the problem.

Before someone does a raid and at night, they should do surveillance to see if the intended suspect was there. What if he had killed one of the other children? Obviously they were scared and hiding but for him to shoot at something he could not see because he thought he was getting fired at is not professionalism.
They may have done surveillance; we don't have all the fact. If he thought he was being fired at, what should be have done? I wouldn't want to wait until I was hit to confirm it. Again, he may have been in the wrong, but without evidence suggesting that, I'm not going to convict him if the jury didn't.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:45 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
it sounds like a nervous cop with out a good sense of his surroundings. he has to live with this the rest of his life. i hope he eventually learns to accept that what he did was wrong. he should apologize.

the nerves just got the better of him.

i think a civil suit is coming.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:53 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
It’s a unfortunate situation for sure, but I imagine when your after a drug dealer your nerves are on edge and a moment of hesitation can cost you your life, drug dealers carry guns and although the police were after her boyfriend it doesn’t mean she was totally innocent in the situation, she allowed him to be there and put herself and the children in danger by doing so. Just my opinion. Not being there I don't know the facts other than the police were after a drug dealer.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:03 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:
Come on CD, where is the justice in this case. I am all for police officers doing their job correctly, but this cop should have not been acquitted of this crime. Goes to show that when you are a cop, you can do anything and get away with it.

Ohio jurors acquit cop linked to death of mom holding baby - USATODAY.com

The all-white jury found Sgt. Joseph Chavalia not guilty of misdemeanor charges of negligent homicide and negligent assault. He had faced up to eight months in jail if convicted of both counts.

Chavalia shot 26-year-old Tarika Wilson and her year-old son she was holding, killing her and hitting him in the shoulder and hand, during a Jan. 4 SWAT raid on her house. One of the child's fingers had to be amputated.

Small time drug dealers serve more time than what this officer was going to do, if he was found guilty. SAD
So you were there and know exactly what happened?

Old 08-07-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post

I imagine than this doesnt happen to the innocent police are allways right?

Mayor's Dogs Killed During Drug Raid - Spotlight News Story - WKMG Orlando (http://www.local6.com/spotlight/17122019/detail.html - broken link)

Bottom line is a DANGEROUS and out of control militia called police dept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies