Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 09:25 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,815 times

Advertisements

Sharpton, Jackson, = Race pimps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 09:56 AM

332 posts, read 449,381 times
You really can't blame parents for not finding guns,weed, or any type of harmful things that their children might have, my friend keeps his weed in his deodarant, yes it sometimes can be the parents fault but they only can protect there children when there with them but when there child is gone, all they can do is hope there child is doing the right thing.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:15 AM

178 posts, read 416,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Maxine Waters is in Congress. You don't think her district would need a person in Congress? It's silly to think that her job would disappear just because blacks read and followed the first post.

Ditto with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They are ministers. If EVERYONE in America read the first post and followed it, they would still be here! Our freakin' government is so disrespected in so many places they are sending Jesse Jackson out to negotiate for them!
quote~
Maxine Waters

By Michelle Malkin
She is one of the most self-serving, hate-filled, race-obsessed politicians in America.

~quote

Last edited by BerryPie; 01-28-2007 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: correction

Old 01-28-2007, 10:27 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,861 times
This is exactly what I was talking about on the other thread BerryPie. Great post! I never thought I would say this b/c I sound like my parents, but I'm convinced that rap music is playing a big part in this. The way they speak, dress, and act. They want that fast money in order to look and to drive the cars these idiots drive. The Bling Bling. They treat their women like sh*t, and it's no wonder listening to that misogynistic music. As long as that music is around and kids look up to these morons, I don't see the light.

What happened to real black music?

From blues, jazz, rock n roll, and soul to the crap they're playing now. What a change.

Last edited by PrettyHateMachine; 01-28-2007 at 11:49 AM..

Old 01-28-2007, 10:37 AM

603 posts, read 1,996,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post
You know what is not sad? It is not sad that people like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Maxine Waters, and etc, would be out of a job if blacks in America did what Mr. Cosby talks about doing.

These so called "leaders" in the black community are the ones who have a choke hold on their own people. They cripple them by using the old blame game...............You know, It's your fault, so I can sit back and blame you for everything that goes wrong in my life, and I won't have to apply myself to any good thing that will better myself and my community.

Lord willing, more and more people will begin to listen to Bill Cosby, and tell Jesse Jackson to take a very long walk.
Exactly. Why do you think they aren't supporting Barack Obama? The same reason, he's not of the same breed (victimization culture) as these race baiters and they resent it because he's much more mainstream then they're willing to be...

Old 01-28-2007, 10:50 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Maxine Waters is in Congress. You don't think her district would need a person in Congress? It's silly to think that her job would disappear just because blacks read and followed the first post.

Ditto with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They are ministers. If EVERYONE in America read the first post and followed it, they would still be here! Our freakin' government is so disrespected in so many places they are sending Jesse Jackson out to negotiate for them!
I think you are missing the point. Black leadership today is the problem. Maxine Waters, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Cyntia McKinney are part of the problem, not the solution, not a means to a solution. Now Jackson and Sharpton have preached against the "gangsta" mentality of today's black youth and culture to a certain degree but without offering anything but to keep blacks at the status quo - which means continued affirmative action, continued welfare, continued subsidized living, continued blaming all ills on "The Man". Generation after generation depending on a degree of government handouts, and blaming whites. Those are the solution that todays black leaders are offering, rather than self-responsibility and self-advancement. Jackson, Sharpton, Waters, etc do not WANT a black man to advance in today's society because then he will be out of a job. He profits from the misery of the black man. That's a radical statement but, in a sense, it's true. Martin Luther King never evisioned this.

No there are some good black leaders. What usually happens to them is they get labeled Uncle Tom or condemed as Bill Cosby was.

At lease they got rid of that Atlanta congresswomen Cynthia McKinney.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:14 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,960 times
Bill Cosby was right on! I only wish more black folks felt the same way and those that did weren't afraid to say it. It's horribly sad what's going on with the black population today...

Old 01-28-2007, 11:17 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Bill Cosby was right on! I only wish more black folks felt the same way and those that did weren't afraid to say it. It's horribly sad what's going on with the black population today...
I know a lot of black folks that do feel like Cosby, but are afraid of the Uncle Tom label. Sad.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:26 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
I know a lot of black folks that do feel like Cosby, but are afraid of the Uncle Tom label. Sad.
Exactly, I agree. It seems like it's taboo in the black community to speak correctly, get good grades, where you pants correctly, etc. Sad stuff. A bunch of thugs are running the show...

Old 01-28-2007, 12:36 PM

2,935 posts, read 5,000,340 times
"...continued affirmative action, continued welfare, continued subsidized living, continued blaming all ills on "The Man". Generation after generation depending on a degree of government handouts, and blaming whites. Those are the solution that todays black leaders are offering, rather than self-responsibility and self-advancement. Jackson, Sharpton, Waters, etc do not WANT a black man to advance in today's society because then he will be out of a job. He profits from the misery of the black man. That's a radical statement but, in a sense, it's true. Martin Luther King never evisioned this."

I always hear people say this, but what's funny is that MLK was a pretty big lefty himself. He was all for Affirmative Action and reparations for "unpaid labor" (slavery) and believed that the government was obligated to correct its earlier mistreatment of blacks by preferential treatment in the future, to "even the playing field," so to speak.

All this is okay to me, though, because I agree with him for the most part, except maybe for the slavery reparations... don't know about that, but look it up, anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies