Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 12:10 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Riiiiiiiggggghhhhtt...
Oh, I see you've watched Office Space as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 12:11 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,718,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Oh, I see you've watched Office Space as well!

Yeaaahhhhhhhh.......

Old 08-11-2008, 12:15 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
...given that blood tests are not required when you enter the country, I wonder if this law has stopped even one person from coming here.
I'd say only the people who care if they infect someone else or not, would have admitted to having HIV and hence would have been stopped by the law.

People who are unaware of their infection or who don't care if they spread the disease to Americans, probably coasted right through; you're right about that.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Yeaaahhhhhhhh.......
"Okayyy, well I'm gonna have to go ahead, and agree with you now..."

Old 08-11-2008, 12:30 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
i interact with HIV positive people every week, if not everyday!!!

i have for the past 15 years almost.

i have never contracted HIV.

if i started sharing needles and having UNPROTECTED sex with them, then i might be prone to exposure and contract it.

its the behaviour that puts one at risk, not the simple presence of a person with the virus.

i cant beleive people are still so ignorant.

please use some common sense. shaking hands and sitting next to an HIV + person does not give you HIV. its silly to think so.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:37 PM

I'm sure you are right. Thanks--

Old 08-11-2008, 01:02 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,718,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i interact with HIV positive people every week, if not everyday!!!

i have for the past 15 years almost.

i have never contracted HIV.

if i started sharing needles and having UNPROTECTED sex with them, then i might be prone to exposure and contract it.

its the behaviour that puts one at risk, not the simple presence of a person with the virus.

i cant beleive people are still so ignorant.

please use some common sense. shaking hands and sitting next to an HIV + person does not give you HIV. its silly to think so.
Yikes... unfortunately if I cannot trust all domestic people with HIV there is no way I can trust foreigners with it! Its just best if we can eliminate at least one source of the problem right away and then work on the others.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:11 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
my way of eliminating the risk of HIV is not engaging in RISKY BEHAVIOUR. easy as that. i dont have sex with out condoms. and i dont have sex with HIV+ people. if they lie to me, either way i have used condoms. and i dont share needles. well i dont use needles period.

and enough other policies ensure that you wont get it from a transfusion. gays cant donate blood. which is an interesting policy. neither can anyone whos been tattoed.

the best way to avoid HIV, is not by avoding HIV+ people. the best way to avoid HIV is to not engage in risky business with these people. its common sense.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:17 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
neither can anyone whos been tattoed.
I have tattoos & I could give blood. The only time I couldn't was when I got a tattoo in Malaysia & then tried giving blood soon after...because that country is on a list, I had to wait I think it was a year before giving blood.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:18 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Yes, the policy on tattoos and piercings is if you've had your tattoo in a state that does not regulate tattoo parlors, you have to wait a year to give blood. I have tattoos and have had no problem donating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies