Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 01:27 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,593,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Agreed. The company does not have to change policy because you don't like it. You may leave as soon as the policy annoys you.
Unless you are a contract employee, management, etc., your only legally required notice to leave a job is "I quit"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 01:27 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,349,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
That's why it's called "at will" employment. Don't like the work rules, don't work there. BTW, those work rules can be changed at any time (unless there is a collective bargaining agreement in force) and you have two choices, comply or look for another job.

Thats to bad and I hope this changes .

You have some CEOs here who if they could and slowly they are will have the women employees dress like it's Hooters.

This is "fine" in Latin America but shouldnt be in North America but seem's your correct and its legal.

I would hate to have a daughter working for a place like that . There should be laws as far as this goes.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:28 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,877,914 times
I think men and women need to both shut up. if you don't want to wear the freaking uniform, don't apply for the freaking job. jesus christ.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:31 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,611,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Thats to bad and I hope this changes .

You have some CEOs here who if they could and slowly they are will have the women employees dress like it's Hooters.

This is "fine" in Latin America but shouldnt be in North America but seem's your correct and its legal.

I would hate to have a daughter working for a place like that . There should be laws as far as this goes.
I'm sure there are some, but I haven't seen a significant number of women being forced to work in Hootersesque style. That wouldn't be very smart, with the exception of a few industries. If anything, I see more companies having to set decency standards because of what people wear and consider fashionable.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think men and women need to both shut up. if you don't want to wear the freaking uniform, don't apply for the freaking job. jesus christ.
I have to say, I'm enjoying jmarquise today.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Are Florida and California still part of the US?

S. Florida isnt and being Cuban myself don't insult Mexican Americans's as far as this issue goes lol.

I have seen things here that are unreal sexual harrassment just crude things I would have NEVER seen further North in Florida.

What is going on here as far as women goes is from another planet and NO ONE not ONE SINGLE politician (all Cuban) or any agency here gives a damn. Again NOT ONE could care less.

My sister and women I know have filed compaints,etc its a big joke here .

Mex American corps in Ca are not nearly as bad.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:35 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,877,914 times
I enjoy myself on an daily basis. sometimes hourly.

Quote:
I have to say, I'm enjoying jmarquise today.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I'm sure there are some, but I haven't seen a significant number of women being forced to work in Hootersesque style. That wouldn't be very smart, with the exception of a few industries. If anything, I see more companies having to set decency standards because of what people wear and consider fashionable.

I am not sure if that's applicable to S.Florida

Old 08-15-2008, 01:37 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,193,293 times
So I guess some of you feel that if a company told all it's black employees that they had to wear clown hats but not the white employees you'd think that was perfectly fine.....

Old 08-15-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I am not sure if that's applicable to S.Florida
That may be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies