Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:50 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You missed the point completely, or were you just going off what the poster before you misinterpreted?

Nowhere did I malign the person who passed, the entire post was directed at people blaming this persons death on "others" for political gain...

Examples:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...something.html

Anthrax scientist commits suicide as FBI closes in

And here is the clincher....someone semi-famous dies, pin it on "someone"
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...-have-any.html

Do you guys get the point now?

I didn't miss your point. My point was anyone who uses tragedies to make a point, or to make a point about folks making a point, don't have my agreement in any way, shape or form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 10:24 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I didn't miss your point. My point was anyone who uses tragedies to make a point, or to make a point about folks making a point, don't have my agreement in any way, shape or form.

Then you will be disagreeing with a helluva lot of people. This site is replete with people doing just that.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:51 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
Quote:
Actually, I wasn't mocking her at all...just the people that are bent on pinning all of life's misfortune upon a pre-determined target.

boiseguy, um....there are several people here that have posted that Hillary and Bill have personally ordered the killing of dozens of rivals....and that Bush intentionally had anthrax released. That my parody of those bizarre (and offensive) views caused you discomfort, surely you have said the same in the threads where people have actually made these claims? I don't recall ever seeing you stand up like that in those threads.
I haven't come across those threads as of yet.. otherwise I would... I took a leave of absense from this board for a few months...
I can understand what you're trying to say... its just how you said it and the example you used.. two wrongs don't make a right.. so all I can say is.. in this instance.. you look kinda tacky for saying it... stick with that argument in those threads you want to address.. that way people can follow what's been previously said... this just sticks out on its own and leaves people to wonder... what crawled up this guys bum...
cheers

Old 08-27-2008, 12:09 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
I haven't come across those threads as of yet.. otherwise I would... I took a leave of absense from this board for a few months...
I can understand what you're trying to say... its just how you said it and the example you used.. two wrongs don't make a right.. so all I can say is.. in this instance.. you look kinda tacky for saying it... stick with that argument in those threads you want to address..
You know, this is actually good advice....but I tried doing just that and do you know what happened? I was accused of being a whole bunch of different things and frankly I was pretty alone in the thread(s) saying that making wild accusations that people are murders etc. was tacky. So, I'm a little shocked to have people crawling out of the woodwork condemning my parody (replete with eyerolls) when the real deal is all over the forum.

At least you didn't participate in one or I would have posted up a link. Then again, you decided to respond to my post and there ARE soooo many others....

From yesterday
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...-some-his.html

Old 08-27-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
In this thread about Bush preparing to murder tens of thousands...you seemed a lot more oh....lighthearted in your disagreement to the point where you even JOKE ALONG by page 2. Please note that GregW who was offended by my post, actually AGREED with the original poster in this thread.

Is this True or Not? FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMPS: Locations and Executive Orders.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:35 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
Quote:
You know, this is actually good advice....but I tried doing just that and do you know what happened? I was accused of being a whole bunch of different things and frankly I was pretty alone in the thread(s) saying that making wild accusations that people are murders etc. was tacky. So, I'm a little shocked to have people crawling out of the woodwork condemning my parody (replete with eyerolls) when the real deal is all over the forum.

At least you didn't participate in one or I would have posted up a link. Then again, you decided to respond to my post and there ARE soooo many others....

From yesterday
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...-some-his.html
I don't know what to tell ya, all I can do is give advice.. there is a reason why i participate for a bit.. and then walk away from it for a while.. because it is what it is, If you're here to convince people their thinking is wrong.. you'd be just as well off convincing a catholic to read the book of mormon.. its pretty pointless... with that said.. it can be a good outlet for discussion sake.. there are many people who are all about spitting their drivel and rallying their cronies to get as many rep points as possible... and there are people who actually just read what others say and don't really participate...
you learn as you go.. when dealing with discussion on this forum.. and you can make it whatever you want it to be in value to ya I guess...

Old 08-27-2008, 01:29 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,482,638 times
Default Lamest "I'm just trying to prove a point!" thread ever...

Quote:
Ohio Lawmaker Dies After Brain Hemorrhage, Democrat Stephanie Tubbs Jones, 58, Was First Black Woman To Represent Ohio In Congress - CBS News

Ok, so she was only 58 and passed away suddenly.

Well with all the "astute rational individuals" on this particular forum (See anthrax and other conspiracy threads) how did you miss this golden opportunity to blame this on someone else? Something unexpected happened to a famous influential person....this is clearly impossible.

Starting premise: Bad things never accidentally happen to famous people, it's always conspiracy.

Who did?
1. Clearly George Bushs fault, she was a vocal critic of the Iraq war.
2. Oil companies, see above.
3. Barack Obama for supporting Hillary.
4. NAACP, for her being an "uncle tom" and not supporting Barack.
5. UN\illuminati\NWO, she learned the secret about pick one (anthrax, area 52, 9-11 being inside job, moon landings faked) and was going to tell the public.
6. Republicans, because they hate unions and black people.
7. Space based mind control by aliens.

Order by number to avoid confusion and mental strain!
Man, oh man! This is stupid.....

Out of bounds with your context and content within the political realm of discussion.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Man, oh man! This is stupid.....

Out of bounds with your context and content within the political realm of discussion.
Thankyou, it is supposed to be stupid.
Out of bounds to political? Seriously? You didn't click on any of the links I put in this thread then.

There are dozens of threads like this here and it is my hope that more people stand up to threads like this. But for some odd reason this thread got people mad where they responded to similar *serious* threads in a different manner.

Considering the history of those with issues to this thread, I should have started the thread with something like "Dick Cheney gets heart transplant from Guantanamo prisoner" as that would have likely gone over better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies