Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 03:45 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,829 times

Advertisements

Republican here: here are my beliefs

1) Get off your friggin lazy ass and work, let those who actually need help get some
2) stop taxing the hell out of me
3) stop making me pay for someone elses poor choices in life
4) let the woman choose to do with her body (as long as it doesn't involve abortions in the late 2nd and thrid trimesters)
5) you want to take away my guns? get the guns from the criminals first then we'll talk
6) illegal immigrant? get the hell out unless your country is waiting for you with a guillotine.
7) legal immigrant? welcome! now go to work and don't go on welfare
8) you murdered people? prepare for the dealth penalty
9) Until you make hybrids cheaper or other means of fuel cheaper, don't cram nonsense down my throat.
10) support our troops. why in the hell do they have to pay for their own plane ticket to Iraq???
11) Saddam needed to be taken out sooner or later. I am glad it was sooner
12) I am against affirmative action, if you ain't better than whitey, you ain't getting the job
13) marriage was intended for a man and wife. with that said, I am all for extending benefits to partners
14) Religion should be free and non oppressive, but if you start insulting me or my religion and accuse me of being evil...I am going to preach you to death
15) I am pro-stem cell research....just as long as fetuses are not being aborted just for that purpose
16) I am anti-drug. if you get caught with an illegal substance don't whine about how it should be legal. you knew it was illegal when you did it. man up and take your punishment
17) I am all for private school vouchers. I am not sending my kid to no public school full of democrats =P
18) stop sending jobs off to countries where people cannot speak English. We need jobs here...not over there.
19) English should be the primary language. Stop telling me to press 1 for English or Dos for Espanol. If you insist on it...I will insist on equality and demand every language be included on that prompt
20) I want to make as much money as possible so I can enjoy it for myself and family and generations to come
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 04:33 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
Sounds like you're a conservative-leaning Libertarian to me.

so libertarian is an ideology like conservative? i thought libertarian is a party? conservative isnt

conserv-democrats
conserv-republicans

Old 08-27-2008, 09:37 PM

630 posts, read 1,294,914 times
republican that isn't conservative

Old 08-27-2008, 10:46 PM

185 posts, read 253,154 times
I saw this original post and it made me think- what am I? I'm a registered republican- consider myself moderate. Maybe not. Tell me, what am I?

1) To politicians- public service is a privilege, I cannot afford to pay your outrageous salary plus all the perks that go with it. Go back to your full-time job and represent me part-time.
2) I will not be disarmed- the government cannot protect me at all times so I must be able to protect myself.
3) Government programs are a necessity to help the underpriveleged- tax me if you will but guarantee me that the money I contribute goes to those who truly need the help.
4) Anyone can make a mistake- if a young woman finds herself pregnant I will help, but I can only help with the first mistake and not the 2nd, 3rd,
4th,,,,,,
5) I rake my leaves and sweep the sidewalk, I don't blow!
6) I also don't care what color a person is.
7) I work and pay taxes.
8) I don't care what church a person does or does not attend.
9) I don't care who you date or marry.
10) I am law and order all the way.
11) I am tired of criminals having more rights than law-abiding citizens.

Shelley

Old 08-27-2008, 11:04 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,716,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
so libertarian is an ideology like conservative? i thought libertarian is a party? conservative isnt

conserv-democrats
conserv-republicans
Libertarian is a party, libertarian is a philosophy. Many Americans have been led to believe that the political spectrum can be measured on a single axis, with a right (conservative) and a left (liberal), which has proven to be inaccurate.

It's best described as a two dimension axis. When measured in terms of freedom, your typical Republicans are big fans of economic freedom, while personal freedoms are not favored. Democrats are on the opposite spectrum, favoring personal freedoms while wanting to restrict economic freedom. But libertarians favor both economic and personal freedoms. Totalatarians on the other hand favor neither.

The Political Compass

Unfortunately the two parties in power have done a good job at making people believe that there are two philosophies at play. It helps squelch all others to simplify it into a right and left... even when it doesn't accurately describe the personal philosophies of most Americans.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:48 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,170,059 times
I'm gonna be glad when election season is over. I really don't like or trust any of the cantidates, and am tired of the lies.

Whatever happened to being honest, working hard and being good neighbors?

Everything has to be made into some big stink, and not to think like a conspiracy nut, but it's almost as if the powers that be and the news make big stinks out of stuff to rile people up on purpose.

What's going on while everyone is busy squabbling?

Old 08-29-2008, 11:14 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,170,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilers4me View Post
I saw this original post and it made me think- what am I? I'm a registered republican- consider myself moderate. Maybe not. Tell me, what am I?

1) To politicians- public service is a privilege, I cannot afford to pay your outrageous salary plus all the perks that go with it. Go back to your full-time job and represent me part-time.
2) I will not be disarmed- the government cannot protect me at all times so I must be able to protect myself.
3) Government programs are a necessity to help the underpriveleged- tax me if you will but guarantee me that the money I contribute goes to those who truly need the help.
4) Anyone can make a mistake- if a young woman finds herself pregnant I will help, but I can only help with the first mistake and not the 2nd, 3rd,
4th,,,,,,
5) I rake my leaves and sweep the sidewalk, I don't blow!
6) I also don't care what color a person is.
7) I work and pay taxes.
8) I don't care what church a person does or does not attend.
9) I don't care who you date or marry.
10) I am law and order all the way.
11) I am tired of criminals having more rights than law-abiding citizens.

Shelley
Sounds like you're a good hardworking American!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies