Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 01:00 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Firstly, my grandparents emigrated to the US from Italy and Slovakia through Ellis Island at the beginning of the 20th century. Secondly, you appear to have a "fixation" on events that occurred decades ago and were nowhere in the numbers that have been touted by Blacks and Northern sympathizers, and you certainly have a "fixation" on a flag that represents the deaths of many hundreds of thousands of combatants and innocent persons, much like the death and violence in the Middle East. Does not the Stars and Stripes represent that death and violence, but for the greater good of the populations concerned? Racial violence is repugnant no matter what race or races are involved. Racial intolerance is inherent in civilization going back to the earliest racial divisions of the human race. Racial intolerance is a part of the human genome and genetic mapping of what constitutes a human being. Racial and ethnic intolerance will always be present in humankind, controlling the level of that intolerance is what separates civilized societies from the tribes of Africa and other wild locations on the planet.
I get it; Italy and Slovakia are not wild or tribal. OK..........next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 01:09 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,713 times
Default Wow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
I hate to ask did something happen to your mom or dad?
Was it in your life time? was it 200 years ago?
Really unless it was in your life time I dont give a crap how you feel about what other people have done. It is the past. It was their actions. It sure the hell does not justify youe hate of some one who has never wronged you or your family. In the end your the one who suffered by your own hatred. Unless you hate a spific person for hurting someone you know or knew. Then it is still BS and your the one filled with hate in the end and you still loose. You can do what I did Move away from people you dont like. My area has 4 non white familys and the town is safe, quiet, kind, friendly. I cant say that for any other town that is mostly non white. excluding a few groups.
Family is Family!!

You would not be here if it wasn't for your family that multiplyed and brought you here!

So that comment is off the wall!!!

Ignorance can be measured in 2 folds.
1. The Clueless
2. or the Dumb

WOW!!!!

Old 09-04-2008, 01:10 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
I'm not the person who can answer that question!!!!!
i was just putting it out there...all these well known organiztions are all of a sudden apoolgizing for discriminating against blacks, a well known medical association was another recent apologetic group. i pity all of them

Old 09-04-2008, 01:16 PM

83 posts, read 218,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
why didnt this black church sue the southern baptist organiztion that excluded blacks and recently apologized about it.

oh yeah mccain was apart of this oraganization and never spoke out against it
What one church believes is the business of that church as long as it does not hurt others. It is NOT a right to join a church . So if you don't like it , Hit the road. And as far as the John Mc winner, how about posting a ligit link to prove that statement.. Thought so. MoveOn.fools is not one of them

Old 09-04-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Family is Family!!

You would not be here if it wasn't for your family that multiplyed and brought you here!

1. The Clueless
2. or the Dumb

WOW!!!!
Maybe your family was a bunch of chicken thieves. They were shot for steeling . Who cares! I think it is funny how your life is so meaningless that you hang on the life of others in the past. If you believe in Adam and eve then your family is my family. We are brothers. I still can say I don't care enough about the past to hate in the future.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:22 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
What one church believes is the business of that church as long as it does not hurt others. It is NOT a right to join a church . So if you don't like it , Hit the road. And as far as the John Mc winner how about posting a ligit link to prove that statement.. Thought so. MoveOn.fools is not one of them
this is a known fact.........typical...the church organization admit it discriminated on the basis of race. thought so? i never been to move on dot whatever, never heard of it, but thanks for putting it out there i'll check it out.
i noticed when there is a lick of truth people try to dismiss it because they dont want to hear it, youknow thats quite common on C.D esp with republicans(theres always an excuse)...

Old 09-04-2008, 01:24 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,713 times
Default Maybe your family are thieves and killers!

Quote:
Maybe your family was a bunch of chicken thieves. They were shot for steeling . Who cares! I think it is funny how your life is so meaningless that you hang on the life of others in the past. If you believe in Adam and eve then you family is my family. We are brothers. I still can say I don't care enough about the past to hate in the future.
Maybe your family are Murderers that stole the land of the Red Man, Infected them with Polio and Small Poxs and sent them to an Indian reservation out West.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
this is a known fact.........typical...the church organization admit it discriminated on the basis of race. thought so? i never been to move on dot whatever, never heard of it, but thanks for putting it out there i'll check it out.
i noticed when there is a lick of truth people try to dismiss it because they dont want to hear it, youknow thats quite common on C.D esp with republicans(theres always an excuse)...
KNown fact to who? where is the proof? I stand behind what i said . It is the business of the church not of anyone else. If they dont want gays, jews whites or blacks, then so what?
It is not against the law. move on. If a president of the US or soon to be president belongs to a church like that THEN it needs to be said. That said where is the proof? Your facts are my rumors.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Maybe your family are Murderers that stole the land of the Red Man, Infected them with Polio and Small Poxs and sent them to an Indian reservation out West.
I dont think so but if they did , So what? I am guilt free and have no need to be sorry or mad. Even if the redman killed hundreds of my family. Many of my family were killed by white people in Missouri and many killed in New York. Again So what. The killers will answer to their doings. I will answer for mine. To forgive is better than to hate. That may be hard but How can one hate people who are dead for things done to people you never knew.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:22 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,796 times
Quote:
Family is Family!!

1. The Clueless
2. or the Dumb

WOW!!!!
With all due respect to your level of rage and indigence, could you please reduce the number of exclamation points "!" in your posts as I may have to increase the dosage of my blood pressure med in order to cope with the level of anger manifested in your posts. My cardiovascular system thanks you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies