Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 11:38 AM

215 posts, read 601,492 times

Advertisements

How many black male ceo's are out there in america. I would think there are more black male ceo's of companies than hispanic, or asian men.

(1.) E. Stanley O'Neal, CEO of Merrill Lynch & Co.

(2.) CEO Kenneth I. Chenault of American Express

(3.) John W. Thompson CEO of Symantec Corp.

(4.) Richard D. Parsons, CEO of Time Warner(CNN @ HBO) I know some people were wondering why CNN did a black in america. The CEO is black

(5.) Robert Wood CEO of Crompton Corp.

(6.) Alliant Energy Corp. CEO Erroll B. Davis Jr.

(7.) Clarence Otis Jr. CEO of Darden Restaurants ( Olive Garden & Red Lobster)

(8.) CEO Ronald A. Williams, Aetna Inc.

(9.) Aylwin Lewis, Former Sears CEO

(10.) Fannie Mae chairman and CEO Franklin Raines, know as the first African American CEO of a Fortune 500 company

These are the first one off the top of my head. Can you think of anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 01:22 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
The CEO's of K-MART and Wachovia are both black men.

It would be intresting though to see the percentages of asian, hispanic and black ceo's. I would suspect you will find more when it comes to smaller businesses than fortune 500 companies.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:05 PM

6,822 posts, read 14,034,515 times
I would be interested in seeing the breakdown as it pertains to the Fortune 500.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:10 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
The CEO's of K-MART and Wachovia are both black men.

It would be intresting though to see the percentages of asian, hispanic and black ceo's. I would suspect you will find more when it comes to smaller businesses than fortune 500 companies.
Wachovia? Bob Steele is most certainly not a black man. I would know, I work there.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:24 PM

552 posts, read 1,073,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrat View Post
How many black male ceo's are out there in america. I would think there are more black male ceo's of companies than hispanic, or asian men.
What would make you think that?

Old 12-27-2008, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 5,782 times
Gradco2004---Not sure WHERE you work but the CEO of Wachovia is Ken Thompson-Black MAN. Sorry for you

Old 02-09-2009, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 5,566 times
hey there i juss wanted to say congrats barock obama

Old 02-09-2009, 10:37 AM

40 posts, read 73,673 times
Most of those men on the list have been fired for poor performance. The two CEO's of Merrill Lynch and Time Warner (O'Neal & Parsons) has disastrous tenures, and the shareholders suffered badly. That CEO for (failed) Fannie Mae was the worst of the worst.

It's only a matter of time before Asians are in these spots. They are the next group to enter into and make demands under the racial spoils game. Some Asians will create large growing businesses from scratch and enter the CEO spot from that angle as well.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:47 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdL View Post
Most of those men on the list have been fired for poor performance. The two CEO's of Merrill Lynch and Time Warner (O'Neal & Parsons) has disastrous tenures, and the shareholders suffered badly. That CEO for (failed) Fannie Mae was the worst of the worst.

It's only a matter of time before Asians are in these spots. They are the next group to enter into and make demands under the racial spoils game. Some Asians will create large growing businesses from scratch and enter the CEO spot from that angle as well.
CEO's are in their job bek of their smarts not their skin tone, if they mess up they are O U T
that is the price of the big bucks as to quota theory for black CEO's.
expert explanations were given in the late 30's in germany to explain why the germans suffered and the jews thrived, eventually it developed into a movement of violence much like the history of haiti.
and so goes all racial explanations of the world around us, born in hate and ending in destruction.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-09-2009 at 10:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies