Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 02:09 AM

375 posts, read 782,210 times

Advertisements

You don't have to be a PETA freak to be affected by what's in this video:
Documented Cruelty in American Slaughter Houses

Can you imagine spending your entire life span on your side nursing litter after litter of piglets? How about having your limbs cut off while you’re still alive to feel it?

Ok, so you really don't give a d@mn about animals, then maybe this little tid-bit will appeal to your selfish nature: Animals with cancerous lesions and sores are routinely included in the human food chain - so much for USDA certified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 03:05 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,229,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post

Can you imagine spending your entire life span on your side nursing litter after litter of piglets? How about having your limbs cut off while you’re still alive to feel it?

Ok, so you really don't give a d@mn about animals, then maybe this little tid-bit will appeal to your selfish nature: Animals with cancerous lesions and sores are routinely included in the human food chain - so much for USDA certified.
I am curious. Why do you pick on the China when the Japanese actually DID the things you are horrified about. Unit 731 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Japanese still do the Whale and Dolphin hunts and as far as I know, the human experimentation has stopped. Then there is the Canadian seal hunts. Why pick on China?

Old 09-09-2008, 05:22 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
And why worry about such minor issues when there are cruel people out there HUNTING and shooting animals dead in their own habitat, who've led natural, free lives?

It's far more cruel to hunt than it is to do what the OP describes. [/sarcasm]

Old 09-09-2008, 06:19 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,261 times
Wow this is eye-opening. From now on I am going to raise my animals on one of those big, idyllic, green-pastured farms before I kill them and eat them. I promise to give them a Valium before I slaughter them.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:23 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,141,526 times
Quote:

To me, this is why if you're going to eat meat, it's best to hunt for your own--more humane and also healthier for you. Not practical at all for many, I understand.

As for the title, I don't see why we would be any better than China.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,429 times
why do people do things that effect our economy such as killing and eatin one of our most important animals

Old 11-02-2009, 07:11 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,032,105 times
well my elk aint USDA certified so im ok right?

Old 11-02-2009, 07:39 PM

776 posts, read 1,276,099 times
Quote:
True. But you would have to be somewhat ignorant to think the things shown in these propaganda films are common practices. For the most part farmers and ranchers are not at all cruel to their livestock. It is just a myth propagated by the PETA freaks.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:50 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,826,878 times
Quote:

Do you really expect a society that kills over a million HUMAN babys a year, to get outraged by animal cruelty?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:41 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Do you really expect a society that kills over a million HUMAN babys a year, to get outraged by animal cruelty?

Exactly what I was thinking. Some of these animals may be unwanted, abused or neglected so it's best to just kill them. That is the abortion argument isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies