Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 08:40 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

If a person molestes children, they are a menace to society....and should not be allowed to live to seduce and sexually molest any child, and if you've never been sexually molested, you have no idea what so ever, how that effects a child for the rest of their days, some not so bad, some worse then others.

If you kill someone, and there are witnesses, or kill multiple people, and there are witnesses, then you should be put to death, for you are a menace to society.

If there is not a questionable doubt, and there are multiple witnesses, then the death penalty is fine.

Why do I say this, b/c when you change a person's life in a negative way, that effects not only that person for the rest of their days, but also everyone around them that loves them....it's not just about one life here.

This country has become way to full with people who live here who feel they don't have to make any kind of contribution to life. When people stop contributing to life, they work against all that is good, all that regulations a circle of life....and that does nothing but effect others in a very negative way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 08:59 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
If you killed someone, your life is forfeit... you deserve an equal justice to the crime you committed... or do you think criminals should be above the justice of their crime? Good qualities? Everybody has good qualities as well as bad qualities... some of us CHOOSE to use the bad qualities and there are consequences for that.. it surprises me that they think mercy should be given to everyone, it is given only to those who deserve it.. By your reckoning, I can annihilate half the world and deserve mercy "just because"... I pass on that logic...
Life in prison without the possibility of parole ever IS justice. However, executing even ONE INNOCENT person is to high a price to pay for the "luxury" of "feeling good" thinking that you have executed many of the guilty. Additionally, when you execute an INNOCENT person, that means that the guilty person got away with it!

I'm anti death penalty for many reasons, largely because the law cannot be fairly administered, but ALSO because killing people to teach people NOT to kill is ridiculous logic, and "two wrongs don't equal a right."

Old 11-08-2013, 09:03 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
It's that old eye for an eye thing.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:05 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
If a person molestes children, they are a menace to society....and should not be allowed to live to seduce and sexually molest any child, and if you've never been sexually molested, you have no idea what so ever, how that effects a child for the rest of their days, some not so bad, some worse then others.

If you kill someone, and there are witnesses, or kill multiple people, and there are witnesses, then you should be put to death, for you are a menace to society.

If there is not a questionable doubt, and there are multiple witnesses, then the death penalty is fine.

Why do I say this, b/c when you change a person's life in a negative way, that effects not only that person for the rest of their days, but also everyone around them that loves them....it's not just about one life here.

This country has become way to full with people who live here who feel they don't have to make any kind of contribution to life. When people stop contributing to life, they work against all that is good, all that regulations a circle of life....and that does nothing but effect others in a very negative way.
First, eye witnesses are the most unreliable witnesses in court cases. Many studies have been done on this subject and come to this conclusion.

The standard of proof in ALL CRIMINAL CASES is Beyond a REASONABLE Doubt. As far as I know, there is no standard beyond ALL DOUBT. That's the way the system works, and that's the way it is. Wishful thinking about the standard being Beyond All Doubt is something people should be lobbying their legislatures to apply to the death penalty law if that's what you want. Otherwise, the standard of proof will remain the same.

And it seems you advocate the death penalty for child molestation?

Old 11-08-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Life in prison without the possibility of parole ever IS justice. However, executing even ONE INNOCENT person is to high a price to pay for the "luxury" of "feeling good" thinking that you have executed many of the guilty. Additionally, when you execute an INNOCENT person, that means that the guilty person got away with it!

I'm anti death penalty for many reasons, largely because the law cannot be fairly administered, but ALSO because killing people to teach people NOT to kill is ridiculous logic, and "two wrongs don't equal a right."
ya don't kill people to teach people that it's against the law, you execute anyone who like I said, there are multiple witnesses, to attest that this person committed a murder or sexually abused a child.

I'm am so glad that Castro guy who kept those 3 girls prisioners hung himself. There should be consequences for your actions....and I'm not for any innocent people being killed, I'm talking about mass sexual abusers....my uncle abused all of his 5 kids and me, and many of our friends, do you have any idea how many children sexual abusers have in their lifetime? 50 - 75 kids....do you have any idea how that ruined our lives? Do you have any idea, that a sexual preditor cannot be curred? It's less then 1%....

We're not talking here about anyone who is questionable, we're talking about mass murders, or a murder that takes place where there are several witnesses.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
First, eye witnesses are the most unreliable witnesses in court cases. Many studies have been done on this subject and come to this conclusion.

The standard of proof in ALL CRIMINAL CASES is Beyond a REASONABLE Doubt. As far as I know, there is no standard beyond ALL DOUBT. That's the way the system works, and that's the way it is. Wishful thinking about the standard being Beyond All Doubt is something people should be lobbying their legislatures to apply to the death penalty law if that's what you want. Otherwise, the standard of proof will remain the same.

And it seems you advocate the death penalty for child molestation?
Oh, yes, I most certainly do....maybe if your kid is sexually abused since the time he/she was five years old you would understand, how it changes your life forever.

If there are multiple witnesses that saw this person take a gun and kill several people, then that person should be put to death along with all the child molesters, including priests. They add no contrabution to life, in fact, they take away life.....they are a menace to society, and in case you haven't noticed our prisions are overloaded with murderers that they are now letting loose.

ya know what, my sons a cop, and before you start crying for these murderers and child molesters, you need to do ride alongs for maybe, ohhhh, about a week, and see what really goes on out there....

the other evening, my son gave CPR to a dying two year old....he couldn't save her....I asked him if he was ok....he said, he felt badly for the mother, however, he added, I've been doing this for 16 years and after a while after you see what is really going on out there, and I hate to inform you about this, but crime is on the up swing, big time, why? Because there are no jobs to be had out there....and people are getting desperate, but until this hits you personally, and maybe you become aware, you have no clue as to what really goes on out there....none.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 11-08-2013 at 09:24 AM..

Old 11-08-2013, 09:57 AM

376 posts, read 295,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
They get so angry that they want to forget that a criminal may have some good qualities, and would prefer to think of them all as evil, demonic trash.
Fertilizer

Old 11-09-2013, 04:03 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,785,636 times
Quote:
cremebrulee: Oh, yes, I most certainly do....maybe if your kid is sexually abused since the time he/she was five years old you would understand, how it changes your life forever.

If there are multiple witnesses that saw this person take a gun and kill several people, then that person should be put to death along with all the child molesters, including priests. They add no contrabution to life, in fact, they take away life.....they are a menace to society, and in case you haven't noticed our prisions are overloaded with murderers that they are now letting loose.

ya know what, my sons a cop, and before you start crying for these murderers and child molesters, you need to do ride alongs for maybe, ohhhh, about a week, and see what really goes on out there....

the other evening, my son gave CPR to a dying two year old....he couldn't save her....I asked him if he was ok....he said, he felt badly for the mother, however, he added, I've been doing this for 16 years and after a while after you see what is really going on out there, and I hate to inform you about this, but crime is on the up swing, big time, why? Because there are no jobs to be had out there....and people are getting desperate, but until this hits you personally, and maybe you become aware, you have no clue as to what really goes on out there....none.
Having just retired from a law enforcement agency, and when you're on the "inside," you get to know a lot of really horrible things. Things that the general public does not know about.

I do believe in the death penalty. I don't want to get into a long discussion about it, however, if one IS found, as Cremebrulee stated earlier, to be truly guilty - there ARE cases -- take Charles Manson - where it IS confirmed that he is the murderer. Personally, I feel he should have been put to death long, long ago.

In other countries where there is proof (I do know some countries are barbaric, and I am not speaking of those) that use the death penalty -- there goes THAT problem for that situation, and no overcrowding. Some countries do punish very quickly.

The U.S. has way too many people who commit crimes and are just slapped on the wrist (why? because of jail overcrowding). I, too, have had a crime committed against a young family member, and I know how horrific it is - and by a stranger. The man only received 3 years in jail, for a crime that he perpetrated on yet another victim. This involved assault, as well as other horrific things.

I am all for having a decent society. When we allow convicted murderers (rightly so, with indisputable proof) to just sit in jail and get used to being around their "buddies" who also have similar mindsets, and are NOT put to death after they have committed (and all the proof IS legitimate and true - no ifs, ands or buts), I think it is a crime to allow that to continue. These cronies are birds of a feather.

I know there are some in law enforcement who are against the death penalty, however, I am on the side of those who do believe in it. Why should WE be paying to keep these people ALIVE, when their victims are DEAD? To look at me in person, I am sure people would think I'm a flaming liberal -- but I ride a fine line right in the middle. I do not think some of those who have been already released (in California under AB109) and have already recommitted crimes, should have been allowed out in the first place.

There are so many hard convicts in prison, that killing them off, is two-fold: it will assure this individual will never again commit such a crime, and it also prevents them from sending "orders" to those on the "outside." Plus, it also cuts down on room in prison, saves money feeding them, clothing them, medical care, and lessens the need for more prisons, etc. That's a win-win to me!

For those who have doubts (such as the man who had the spot of O type blood - which he and the victim shared - and no real proof), then I say to keep them there. But there ARE plenty who have been caught red-handed, actually have pride in what they have done, and would be likely to get out and recommit similar crimes. Those: immediate death.

AB109 was a good way to get some marijuana users out of prison and those are the types they are trying to release (only now with the numbers they're having to get into the hard-core prisoners....not good for the public). For hard-core gangsters, murderers, and others who have intentionally killed or severely maimed others -- and it is proven -- they should get the death penalty right away AND put to death right away. Screw the lawyers.

Prison/crime/law/all of that has become one big sham. I knew an appellate attorney who literally MADE UP excuses (after the convict had already been convicted and put in jail) stories of what "COULD HAVE" happened. I worked with him and saw the very, very strange stories (he was a very creative person) that he made up as to what "might" have happened....none of it was true, and he knew it, but it was his job and he got paid for it. So, as a creative story teller, he as an attorney, got to make up a lot of things about someone who was obviously guilty.

I'm all for legal defense services -- however, if all the evidence -- and now with DNA testing and other ways -- we can now be more sure in some cases that it IS this individual who committed the crime. In those case, I'm all for NO appeals, and QUICK death.

Well, obviously, this got my attention, and because although I worked in law enforcement, I was never a political person -- but I was a very humane person, and I am in defense of the victims -- not the perpetrators/murderers.

That's all. I probably won't be back, but I just thought I'd put my two cents in because I dealt with a lot of information that the public did not know (and those in law enforcement were told about and warned about....).

Get rid of the appeals (for those who are obviously guilty), get rid of appellate attorneys (those are the attorneys who take on a client AFTER their first appeal has been denied), and give punishment quickly and swiftly.

From someone who has seen, experienced and known too much.... This being a public forum -- it is only MY opinion, but thought I'd agree with Cremebrulee. Thanks.

Last edited by Wisteria; 11-09-2013 at 04:11 PM..

Old 11-09-2013, 04:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
not so much mostly some old people still cling to the silly idea that if you going around raping and killing and robbing people u should be shot.
they used to call it justice and in fact obama did when he referred to the seals that whacked bin laden. "justice has been served"
so you see its not what is said, its who says it-- that counts.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:11 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
This man just received the DP here for setting fire to a 76 year old grandmother.

I do believe he deserves it.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime...rk-on-fire.ece

Quote:
Johnson walked into a Garland Fina in May 2012 and doused Harris with lighter fluid he brought in a water bottle. She cooperated and opened the register as he stole cash, cigarettes, a lighter and a ring off Harris’ finger. Still, he set her on fire as he was leaving, grabbing candy before he walked out the door
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies