Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Worst American President ever.... poll
George W. Bush 97 50.26%
Other (Please explain) 96 49.74%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 06:32 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times

Advertisements

LBJ and Carter.

Carter- for reasons already stated by many.

LBJ for what he did to the American steel industry, The Immigration Act of 1965, implementing Medicare, the increases in Social Security, his changes to welfare which allowed many more to receive welfare and also started generational welfare, there are more but I think you get my point. He extended a lot of the entitlements of FDR and made them worse-that is why I chose him over FDR.

Nicole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 06:32 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Jimmy Carter
FDR for starting welfare.
Clinton for leaving Bush a TRUE recession and not protecting us that led to 9/11.
Good post, rep to you.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:51 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,576,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Nothing like making a poll and fixing it right from the start.

My pick

Jimmy Carter

Hands down
True but we have had a lot of Presidents and a poll with all would be tough!..In retro spect, I should have maybe included all since 1900.

It does look like a close race between Jimmy and "W"!

Old 09-17-2008, 07:04 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
LOL, Carter.....I was raised by strongly Democratic parents, the first election I was able to vote in(1980) I voted for Reagan. Even as a twenty year old I could see what a complete flop he was, and how he made a mockery of our country, especially after bungling the whole Iran hostage thing so badly. There are plenty of Republicans I wouldnt vote for, but there are NO Democrats I could vote for, in good conscience. I think Carter poisoned a whole generation of potential Democratic voters. I have never been able to look at a Dem as anything other than a total clown ever since. Carter put the world "vacillation" into every adult's vocabulary. Truly, the WORST president ever. And even today he occasionally opens his pitifully stupid mouth, and manages to open up those old wounds, doing his party absolutly no good service at all.
That being said, I cant honestly say "W" has done me proud, but Carter is still the king of idiots. Carter..The original A$$ clown

Last edited by Compression; 09-17-2008 at 07:12 AM..

Old 09-17-2008, 07:09 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Geez, what a great poll. You are not biased. Of course, neither am I:

Worst City Data Member

Old 09-17-2008, 08:20 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
It appears that a one-sided poll against the President is allowable. A similar-type poll in the exact same format as posted by the author (using him as the example) is reported as an attack. There was no intent to attack the author personally, but rather illustrate the biased nature of his poll. These types of threads rank up there with the "when did you quit beating your wife" questions.

I am all for serious debate. Hope we all learned something.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:42 AM

220 posts, read 381,723 times
Woodrow Wilson:

1. Responsible for involving America in WWI.
2. Responsible for the shaping of the Treaty of Versailles
3. Responsible for creating the League of Nations (ancestor of the U.N.)
4. Responsible for the creation of our criminal Federal Reserve System.

Basically, Woodrow Wilson started the trend of projecting American military power abroad for the putative purposes of spreading "democracy" and "freedom".

He was also one of the first American Presidents responsible for redefining the organic nation that was America into the multicultural pagan empire for "freedom" that we all know so well today.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:45 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,538,952 times
wow, what a poll. Way to hide your intentions.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:47 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
harrison was the best president we have ever had. name 1 bad thing he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfjtm View Post
1857-1861: Democrat James Buchanan. He's the one before Abraham Lincoln.
For 4 years, he refused to challenge the spread of slavery or the growing number of states that were joining forces to secede from the Union.

Honorable mention:
1841: William Harrison - contracted pneumonia during his inaguration speech and died after 30 days as President.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:08 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,576,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
It appears that a one-sided poll against the President is allowable. A similar-type poll in the exact same format as posted by the author (using him as the example) is reported as an attack. There was no intent to attack the author personally, but rather illustrate the biased nature of his poll. These types of threads rank up there with the "when did you quit beating your wife" questions.

I am all for serious debate. Hope we all learned something.
If you read the posts in the thread I think you would agree that there have been many great cases for other winners! I also did not allow anyone to see what others voted so not knowing what I voted you are attacking my poll? I do not much like "W" but there might be others who I thought did this country a worse favor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies