Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:24 PM

214 posts, read 287,986 times

Advertisements

Who owns USA Today? Maybe the Wall Street public relations bull s#!t machine has convinced
the suckers to drink the Kool-Aid. Is the poll rigged? The people will not benefit from this bailout plan,
nor are they intended to. This is nothing more than a power grab, plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 08:38 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,528 times
That's funny...just days ago only 25% supported it (a number similar to Bush's approval rating) with 44% against it. Interestingly, the poll stated that 74% thought the plan would pass anyway.

Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/general_business/opposition_to_bailout_plan_grows_but_still_expecte d_to_pass - broken link)

Old 09-25-2008, 08:49 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I havent spoken to anyone who approves! Who did they poll? Hedge fund Managers and Bank Executives?

Poll: Americans favor a bailout - USATODAY.com
I read in a major city newspaper that Senators and representatives are getting swamped with "NO BAILOUT" emails....

Old 09-25-2008, 08:53 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,171,725 times
They probably polled people on Wall Street.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:59 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I read in a major city newspaper that Senators and representatives are getting swamped with "NO BAILOUT" emails....

It all depends on what Senators and Representatives you are talking about, since the only one's reporting such things are those opposed to it.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:10 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Well, my Senator and rep got one from ME! Not that it'll help...

This bailout is such a massive scam.......it's all downhill now , folks!

Hard to believe that folks got suckered into helping the wealthy get wealthier AGAIN after the wealthy screwed them over, took their homes and ruined their lives..!

I wonder if the employees of Enron...those who lost everything...wonder what THEY think of this bailout of the wealthy?????

Old 09-25-2008, 09:24 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,230,133 times
Quote:
USA Today Poll says 78% of Americans favor bailout-do you buy that?
I believe that 78% of Americans who read USA Today favor a/the bailout. I wouldn't, under any circumstances, believe that 78% of all Americans favor the bailout as it stands at midnite tonite, Thursday, Sept25.

But those who read USA Today, NYTimes, Times mag and all the other crap as their news source really just don't know any better.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:24 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,528 times
Who cares if it's for rich bankers or for people who signed a mortgage without the ability to pay...there is no constitutional authority for this. It's all about irresponsible people looking for the taxpayers to help them out.

Quote:
In the end more than they wanted freedom, they wanted security...when the freedom they wished for was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free.
~Edward Gibbon

Old 09-25-2008, 09:30 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, my Senator and rep got one from ME! Not that it'll help...

This bailout is such a massive scam.......it's all downhill now , folks!

Hard to believe that folks got suckered into helping the wealthy get wealthier AGAIN after the wealthy screwed them over, took their homes and ruined their lives..!

I wonder if the employees of Enron...those who lost everything...wonder what THEY think of this bailout of the wealthy?????
Good that you did and I did too. Maybe it will stop this huge dump on us, the real Americans not the commie bankers with their million dollar yachts and mansions in bed with the European bankers too, and maybe others.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:53 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,827,673 times
i dont buy it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies