Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 12:15 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,257,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Just read how they attack me.....not one poster has offered to debate a single issue with an open mind....all they are doing is serving to help reinforce what I have said in my post. And for the record, I've gotten an overwhelmingly positive response via DM on this post. Some people do get it. Those who don't, oh well, they probably never will.
"None are so blind as those who will not see" Look to yourself. Your point was to denigrate opposing views as mean and invalid. That makes the whole post a worthless personal attack - not a debate on issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

7,727 posts, read 12,378,632 times
But, but, but....... Shaken!! You lament the fact that some are "name calling" Then you refer to Obama as an "Oreo Cookie". That is counterproductive. I guess people are very emotional concerning this election.

Last edited by msina; 09-30-2008 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: typo

2,415 posts, read 4,243,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Dach View Post
Interesting post.Could you reccomend a good brand/flavor of kool-aid ?
I'd like to sample yours.
Did you have something to debate?

Old 09-30-2008, 12:16 PM

281 posts, read 380,774 times
Such hypocrisy. On another thread you implied that more Democrats were responding and winning your poll, because Republicans have to go to bed early, and rise early for work. What does that say about your "attempt to debate a issue on its merit"?

America should not discount McCain's age, health, or judgment. This is not just your America, it is everyone's America. These are vital issues that must be taken into careful consideration.

Tis true, that any one of us may experience health problems ; tis fact that McCain is in fact running for President, which supports the necessity to question his health and mental stability.

Get a grip and take the smug out of your eyes, so you can clearly see what is at stake here if this maniac gets elected for president.

Quote:
I imagine this post will gain very few views. The majority of posters will not have the focus or concentration necessary, and looking in the mirror at your own flaws is uncomfortable for most people these days.

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
I imagine this post will gain very few views. The majority of posters will not have the focus or concentration necessary, and looking in the mirror at your own flaws is uncomfortable for most people these days.
"99% of you should be ashamed of yourselves!!"

So you aren't included in the 99% that you mentioned? This means that you are one of the 1% of posters on city-data who have "the focus" and "concentration" so I have a question for you. Why do you come to this board and post if 99% of its members offend you or are unprincipled? I mean, I wouldn't go to a restaurant if I disliked 99% of the menu choices and then complain about the food!

1,718 posts, read 2,424,424 times
Quote:
Just read how they attack me.....not one poster has offered to debate a single issue with an open mind....all they are doing is serving to help reinforce what I have said in my post. And for the record, I've gotten an overwhelmingly positive response via DM on this post. Some people do get it. Those who don't, oh well, they probably never will.
While I may agree with you on the point of your rant SS, I won't bother to respond otherwise since you yourself dissovle into insults, hatred, venom and spewage. Unfortunately, you became the thing you're rallying against.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:17 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,082,651 times
pot ... meet kettle.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:19 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
The great thing about living in America is that we have the freedom to say what we choose (within reason) in this forum.....while you have the freedom not to read.
I'm considering moving to Loserville and double the population, it's sounds like a place the Founders would be proud of.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:22 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
I was going to vote for Hillary until she was knocked out of the race. I thought Clinton was a pretty good President.
Well, it's nice to hear a republican talking about how he was going to vote for Hillary. Looking through your posting history, you started off by saying you were a republican who was definitely voting for McCain. More recently you've been talking about Ron Paul. I must say you've been an interesting poster to follow, and I'm glad you joined our forum even if it's not your cup of tea. But instead of getting mad at the forum, why not simply find a site that discuss nothing but issues? The internet has something for everyone.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:24 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,042,549 times
Quote:
The venom spewing from the majority of posters on this forum is troubling to say the least. There are putdowns galore, childish inferences, flat out lies, name calling, and some of you even seem to revel in others misfortune. Is this your idea of a great America?? If so, we are in deep, deep trouble, because the vast majority of you seem to want to quell any mention of truth and sling accusations, and a very small percentage of you even attempt to debate an issue on it's merit.
People in glass houses...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/5477067-post25.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/5473242-post19.html

I think you should take your own advice
'Relax, have a drink, enjoy the show. You are wrapped way too tight!'
http://www.city-data.com/forum/5472624-post12.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies