Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:38 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrees View Post
The post I took offence to, clumsily, tried to couch the argument in poorly-understood, quasi-scientific terms about genes and animals, when all he was really saying was that my life (and yours) is, in his view, pointless.
Believe me, I understand where you're coming from. But I do not believe that the poster was asserting what you're saying there. I don't believe that's what he (or she) meant. The wording was offensive--I'm not denying that, but I really don't think, based on the rest of the post, that the person intended it that way. I have read so, so many hateful and homophobic posts on this forum. I have read things that no one has dared say to my face, of course, since people can be so much more hateful on the internet. But I don't think that post fell into that category. I think ideas such as those espoused by HowDeDo, for example, can be far, far more harmful to the GLBTQ community.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:04 PM

464 posts, read 1,741,776 times
'besides why do you care what others do with their genitals anyway?'

REPLY: Because it affects individuals/entire societies in a devastating degrading way as past history has shown, plus, Im a part of society and I care . How come youve resigned to tolerance of any and every sexual perversion , which shows you could care less ?

Old 10-14-2008, 05:09 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Wow.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:14 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,207,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDeDo View Post

REPLY: Because it affects individuals/entire societies in a devastating degrading way as past history has shown, plus, Im a part of society and I care . How come youve resigned to tolerance of any and every sexual perversion , which shows you could care less ?

you're right. i couldn't care less. too busy worrying about the economy, national debt, war in iraq, the environment, our dependence on foreign oil and my 1year old daughters rapidly forming habit of picking her nose. i'm also most concerned with this LPITNBBWB* virus which is spreading throughout the land.

*let's pry into the neighbors business because we're bored

Old 10-14-2008, 05:28 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,716,398 times
Quote:
Because it affects individuals/entire societies in a devastating degrading way as past history has shown, plus, Im a part of society and I care . How come youve resigned to tolerance of any and every sexual perversion , which shows you could care less ?
So any behavior which can be construed as destructive in any way to "society" is fair game?

Sounds like this one could be fun... wanna play?

Old 10-14-2008, 05:29 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:

Why should I care what a person does in their bedroom, as long as all parties of are legal age of consent? (Notice I said all "parties", as in I full-heartedly support polygamy as long as everyone involved is okay with it).

Old 10-14-2008, 05:34 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,147,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Wow.
My sentiments exactly. I'm not even sure where to begin to shred apart HowDeDo's faulty argument. Not even sure it's worth expending my energy.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:35 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,207,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
My sentiments exactly. I'm not even sure where to begin to shred apart HowDeDo's faulty argument. Not even sure it's worth expending my energy.
can't believe i expended mine. i'm off this thread! bye

Old 10-14-2008, 05:51 PM

348 posts, read 502,674 times
Quote:

I can hardly bring myself to waste my time taking issue with your unbelievably vile postings, whoever you are, but if you were as prejudiced in a racial sense as you are towards gay people, you would be prosecuted! As the law stands, you seem to get away with this semi-literate torrent of hatred, for now, anyway.

Do you sometimes step back from yourself and consider how badly you come across? Probably not, but let me assure you, you would be shocked and horrified at how you have hijacked a religion based on love and use it as a weapon to clobber all and sundry with accusations and the grossest insults imaginable.

I am sickened by the few postings of yours that have appeared today, although I must congratulate your remarkably intimate knowledge of sexual practices of all sorts. You must have really studied this subject with an intensity that speaks volumes for where your real interests lie. I have heard of people with a fascination for all things scatological, but rarely have I encountered this in a religious context.

My bet is, you find ALL forms of sex 'dirty' - which is your problem, not the rest of the world's.

So please, can we have less of this sordid nonsense, which only applies to unhygienic people anyway, and certainly not to the gay people I know personally. It makes me seethe that you take it upon yourself to try to reduce a noble, God-given gift, such as love between two people (irrelevant of gender) into something so horrible. And worse, to claim you are doing it in Jesus' name. You say, 'take a course to change yourself' and then we will respect you. This is about as offensive as telling people of a different skin colour to your own to alter their natural colour before they can be 'acceptable'. Again, you would breaking the law if you suggested such a thing.

If I know anything about the Biblical Jesus (quite a lot, actually) - He would
focus his attention on all the pointless violence and hatred in the world today, and if you went up to him complaining about people loving each other in ways you, personally, don't approve of - He would probably order you to go away and sin no more...

Such misdirected energy on your part, and leading to what - mass stonings, maybe - would that satisfy you? Please think you might be wrong, just once in a while, I think it is what the real Jesus would have wanted you to do!

Last edited by brianrees; 10-14-2008 at 06:08 PM..

Old 10-14-2008, 06:03 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,147,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrees View Post

I am sickened by the few postings of yours that have appeared today, although I must congratulate your remarkably intimate knowledge of sexual practices of all sorts. You must have really studied this subject with an intensity that speaks volumes for where your real interests lie.
Keep in mind you're addressing a person who referred to gay sex as "making love to feces". Strange that my desire to make love to another man is about making love to his soul and spirit and heart and mind....not just his penis.

It's astonishing that someone can label someone else according to what they do with their private parts, when clearly they don't know what others do with their private parts. I don't even engage in anal sex. In fact, I haven't engaged in any sexual contact with someone in quite a while. And yet somehow I'm still an abominable, twisted, perverted, "feces-loving" sicko.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies