Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 11:56 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,258,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
If Obama becomes president, there will be civil war and terrorism.
Is that a threat or a promise?

How very unamerican of you to threaten assassination of a politician you don't like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 12:00 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,258,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Back in March, Hal Turner warned of a financial meltdown in September of 2008 that would lead to a complete collapse of the entire American government in February of 2009, which will onset a civil war. Since the meltdown did occur, do you think the government will fall in February 2009?
A great depression or even a regular depression does not equate to dissolution of the government or civil war. We had nothing even remotely resembling that during the Great depression.

I expect to have another major economic meltdown at about that time because this remedy does not remedy anything that ails our economy. We might get a temporary stock market bubble during the fall. I expect that the enormous govt debt will be a huge drag on the economy for a long time.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:01 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,941,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetway777 View Post
Truth Will Become Stranger Than Fiction !

:
My dad told me more than 50 years ago that it already was.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:41 PM

316 posts, read 692,655 times
Whoever Thought U.S. DEBT Would Spiral To Over 10 Trillion Dollars !!!

OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
National debt topped $10 trill this week: The Swamp

Last edited by jetway777; 10-04-2008 at 12:52 PM..

Old 10-04-2008, 12:47 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,486,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'll consider this a possibility if someone can explain one thing to me - how and why would the government collapse?

A LOT of people saw the mortgage/economy crisis coming - for years. "Predicting" it wasn't a stretch. The government collapsing is a whole different animal, though.
Lots of states are on the edge. CA needing a bailout is just one obvious examples, many are on the verge of bankruptcy and cutting important budget items to try to stay afloat. The dollar could conceivably collapse as well (or simply get hyperinflation). Then throw in Obama getting elected and a potential uprising/assassinations/etc. that could all happen. The government is much more tied to the economy this go around, if it collapses, lots could happen. China owns much of our debt, for example. We no longer have a gold/silver backed currency as we did in 1929. We're far more stretched out resource wise across the globe with all our meddling. I think it's entirely possible. Likely? I'm not really sure.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:53 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,486,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
Is that a threat or a promise?

How very unamerican of you to threaten assassination of a politician you don't like.
Unamerican or not, look at how divided the country is: it's practically 50/50, just a small percentage of independents/swing voters deciding things really. Both sides view the other as a serious threat to their lifestyles. Obama, for example, is extremely anti-gun (his past says it all). Do you think people will stand by and let him infringe on their civil rights? I think not, a lot of people are simply fed up with the government screwing around with them and want to be left alone, but the government isn't getting that hint. We're ripe for a civil war. Such division is what allowed for our first civil war to happen. It only takes one angry person to get things burning, and it can burn out of control quickly. Booth was the only one successful in 1865. The others screwed up big time in carrying out their parts, which would have effectively wiped out one branch of the government, but Booth still managed to kill Lincoln, which unleashed the radicals for reconstruction in Congress, and all this after most of the Southern leaders had (unhappily) given up on the Confederacy and had accepted Lincoln as president of the Union...

Old 10-04-2008, 12:54 PM

606 posts, read 1,978,038 times
Default It's GREAT being poor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
I expect that the enormous govt debt will be a huge drag on the economy for a long time.
Personally, I believe that individual credit card debt will be just as influential. I thank God that I never accepted a credit card. Sure, I have a zero credit rating, but that just means that I have to come up with down payments (if needed) myself. I live within my means, and am now very happy about it!! Now if they would just forgive that dratted student loan!!

Old 10-04-2008, 12:55 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Back in March, Hal Turner warned of a financial meltdown in September of 2008 that would lead to a complete collapse of the entire American government in February of 2009, which will onset a civil war. Since the meltdown did occur, do you think the government will fall in February 2009?
It's all true, prepare to live in a prison camp and slave for the New World Order.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:59 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Civil War? Who against what?
who: us against the banksters ?
what: release us from their shady gambling debts ?

Can our side have light blue uniforms ?

Old 10-04-2008, 01:01 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
If Obama becomes president, there will be civil war and terrorism.
Why? Because you heard that Obama's half brother has been fighting whites in Kenya and so Obama will want to do the same thing in the USA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies