Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 09:49 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,853,502 times

Advertisements

someone help me out here. oh, and I'll be the first one to say it. "oh look, another gay thread."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 09:55 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
someone help me out here. oh, and I'll be the first one to say it. "oh look, another gay thread."
For starters the more than 1,138 federal rights that accompany civil marriage. Keep beating that dead horse.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:57 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
For starters the more than 1,138 federal rights that accompany civil marriage. Keep beating that dead horse.
YES! Thanks for the post!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:01 AM

example.

if I want to marry a woman, I can. if I want to marry a man, I can't.
if you want to marry a woman, you can. if you want to marry a man, you can't.

again, the question. I am a heterosexual man. what rights do I have that you don't? I didn't ask about what rights you wanted.

Quote:

Old 10-27-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
example.

if I want to marry a woman, I can. if I want to marry a man, I can't.
if you want to marry a woman, you can. if you want to marry a man, you can't.

again, the question. I am a heterosexual man. what rights do I have that you don't? I didn't ask about what rights you wanted.
Yah know it is funny, the EXACT same kind of argument was used for interracial marriage. You bigots really stick to your talk points eh? LOL

Old 10-27-2008, 10:06 AM

and you extremists crack me up. gays like to throw the word bigot around as much as minorities like to use the word racist. don't agree with someone, they must be a bigot! you can't answer the question so you make assumptions. I could care less if gays get married. I disagree with the institution of marriage to begin with. again. I am a heterosexual man. what rights do I have that you don't?

Quote:
Yah know it is funny, the EXACT same kind of argument was used for interracial marriage. You bigots really stick to your talk points eh? LOL

Old 10-27-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
and you extremists crack me up. you can't answer the question so you make assumptions. I could care less if gays get married. I disagree with the institution of marriage to begin with. again. I am a heterosexual man. what rights do I have that you don't?
Oh please. I've seen more than one of your posts/threads. You care more about my sex life than I do. I gave you an answer, you gave me an asinine outdated response. What more do you want?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:10 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,922,437 times
This thread is chock full of awesome winning responses to the OP.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:10 AM

actually, you haven't. you are making generalizations. I could care less about your sex life. I have gay neighbors and they are nice guys. you didn't answer me. you gave me an argument that doesn't exist. if you want to marry a woman, you can. so can I. if you want to marry a man, you can't. neither can I. you and I have the same rights.

Quote:
Oh please. I've seen more than one of your posts/threads. You care more about my sex life than I do. I gave you an answer, you gave me an asinine outdated response. What more do you want?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:11 AM

nope, it's chock full of responses based on emotion over logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
This thread is chock full of awesome winning responses to the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies