Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:57 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,797,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
Israeli's invest LOTS of money in this country. When I was living in New York, you couldn't find a business or building that wasn't owned by Jewish. They are a powerful force down on Wall street, are just powerful in this country and feed our greed, it's as simple as that!

We have to be a friend to Israel if we want to remain rich and powerful...

Gotta love the Irony here. When we are giving Israel bucketloads of $$$$$$ every year.

So your point is the money we give them they are investing to own our business and infrastructure. So we need to keep giving them bucketloads of $$$$$$$ to be their "friend"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 07:00 AM

493 posts, read 717,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Gotta love the Irony here. When we are giving Israel bucketloads of $$$$$$ every year.

So your point is the money we give them they are investing to own our business and infrastructure. So we need to keep giving them bucketloads of $$$$$$$ to be their "friend"?
I guess it works both ways! Look, I know what I know. I am a life long New Yorker and they OWN JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING! They are very ambitious people...

Old 10-30-2008, 07:02 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,271,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid View Post
Why is Israel such a big issue and why should Americans care about it right now? Why should be be sending billions to Israel when we have record deficits?

Should we hand out billions of American Tax payer's dollars to every country so they can pretend to be our ally?

Its amazing that candidates are being questioned about how much they support Israel.
I don't know why we spend so much to support any other country when we have so much debt and finacial hardship in our own country.

This includes the continent of Africa. In 50 years (if there is no cure for AIDS by then) Africa will be a wasteland whether or not we send them a dime.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:03 AM

3,306 posts, read 4,157,609 times
Quote:
I guess it works both ways! Look, I know what I know. I am a life long New Yorker and they OWN JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING! They are very ambitious people...
Again who is "they"? Jews? So what? Again an American citizen that happens to be born of Jewish parents is not Israeli.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:03 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post

There are other words for paid 'friends' but CD's software censors most of them. A popular one starts with W and ends with E, add in the HOR and you got it.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:07 AM

493 posts, read 717,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid View Post
Again who is "they"? Jews? So what? Again an American citizen that happens to be born of Jewish parents is not Israeli.
Look all Jewish are important in this country, simple as that. They have all come here for refuge and have prospered, we have promised to protect them. So 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation etc etc etc will all be protected as they come from the Israeli root that they identify with, no matter if other countries hate it or not!

Also, I know that all Jews do not come from Israel, but Israel is the root that we protect.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:15 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,863,920 times
I think PART of the reason that we blindly support Israel is that we need to have an ally in the region to protect OUR interests, OIL.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Look all Jewish are important in this country, simple as that. They have all come here for refuge and have prospered, we have promised to protect them. So 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation etc etc etc will all be protected as they come from the Israeli root that they identify with, no matter if other countries hate it or not!

Also, I know that all Jews do not come from Israel, but Israel is the root that we protect.
Firstly, the current state of Israel is only around 60 years old, so no its not there root. Secondly, there are far more blacks in this country than Jews should we also protect Africa? Well, there are a lot of Iranians in this country too (Just come here to Los Angeles) so should we protect Iran too? The list of countries we need to fund and support is going to get rather long.

Jewish citizens should have have the same rights as everyone else. A foreign country and its citizens is a different matter entirely.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:17 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,797,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I think PART of the reason that we blindly support Israel is that we need to have an ally in the region to protect OUR interests, OIL.
I always hear this, but I wonder what exactly they have done to protect our interests though.

In the War on Terror for example. What is the part they play as an "Ally in the Region".

Old 10-30-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Yeah, but this doesn't make much sense as the blind support for Israel is one of the reasons we need an ally in the reason in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies