Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 04:32 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
No women has an abortion during the stage of the embryo or zygote. Women abort fetuses- sometimes very well formed fetuses...

Many women abort Embryo's.

An embryo (from Greek: ἔμβρυον, plural ἔμβρυα, lit. "that which grows," from en- "in" + bryein "to swell, be full") is a multicellular diploid eukaryote in its earliest stage of development, from the time of first cell division until birth, hatching, or germination. In humans, it is called an embryo from the moment of implantation until the end of the 8th week, whereafter it is instead called a fetus.

Hardly anyone aborts a well formed fetus. I am guessing you mean up to about 20 weeks? 12 weeks is the max usually because after that it's a lot of work.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:37 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
No women has an abortion during the stage of the embryo or zygote. Women abort fetuses- sometimes very well formed fetuses...
Well, zygote was a little unfair, since the term only prevails up until the time of uterine implantation. But it's actually the pro-life side that puts it into play with all their "moment of conception" talk. Like most other things biological, conception is actually a process, but when have facts mattered all that much. Embryo, on the other hand, is the terminology that takes over upon implantation, applying over the following eight weeks and then giving way to fetus. Better than half of all abortions are performed during the embryonic stage...

Old 11-03-2008, 05:14 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,603 times
If, at the moment of conception, that exact nanosecond a women becomes pregnant and takes the morning after pill, is that considered an abortion? And, in agreement, biologically, with the post above, i.e., embryo is the term after implantation, and given it takes approximately 3-4 days in between conception and implanation...do pro-lifers belief that having a procedure then is intrinsically evil and if so, how can that be since nothing can eventually develop without being implanted....

Old 11-03-2008, 05:20 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,277,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
An innocent "human being" that won't live without the support of the woman's body anyway? No, that is a fetus. Don't make it more than what it is.
Just continue making it less than what it is if it floats your boat. How profoundly sad.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:22 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,277,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
If she chooses LEGAL ABORTION she is exercising her right to rid her body of unwanted parasitical tissue. It isn't a human being yet -- that's what later term abortion laws exist to cover. It's got the potential to be so, sure, but so does every single cell in your body if you think about it. You going to prohibit people from cutting their fingernails or scratching an itch? OMG they just killed a million human beings when they scratched that tickle...

If you are against abortion, then do one of two things -- either make sure you're never the cause of one, or pay someone to produce a child that they'd otherwise abort. Yes, PAY THEM. Pay their medical bills, pay their living expenses while they are preggers and recovering, and then adopt that kid. When you get the urge to start kvetching about it again, then adopt another one. Otherwise...it's the woman's decision what she's going to do.
Your comparison is of no sense.

I'm a gal, so I know I'll never have an abortion.

Last edited by Canine*Castle; 11-03-2008 at 05:52 PM..

Old 11-03-2008, 07:58 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
Abortion isn't intrinsically evil, not letting the woman choose is.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:04 PM

97 posts, read 124,048 times
everyone is entitled to do what they want. to be resonsible for there actions or not. to find excuses for there actions if they dont want to take responsability for them. i wonder, if total moral responsibility is ever considered before making this kind of decision. since we've determined that it is a womans right to decide what is allowable for her and her body, i also believe that it is society's right to insist that she also fund her right to that decision.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:04 PM

450 posts, read 1,059,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Human beings murdering other human beings is everyone's business. You people don't get that. Abortion is the deliberate killing of another human being. When you murder a baby, you murder a human being. It is wrong. It has nothing to do with women's choice. You know, I have the choice to murder my grandparents too. But I choose not to use it because it is intrinsically evil, just like abortion is.
Well said!!! Stick to your guns AaronK, there are millions of people in this country that feel as you do. Human life is sacred and a gift from God. It doesn't matter how the heathen rage, the truth stands-we are created in the image and likeness of God. Applying finite and fallable human logic, science, reason, any faculty of man to the issue will come up short. Through our own volition and fallen nature we the created simply cannot understand the mind of our Creator. Therefore your critics, raging atheists, ranting feminists, liberals and evolutionists etc. cannot understand how man is more than biology, he is a human being from conception. In these final days as Biblical events come to a conclusion, I expect this controversy to intensify. I further believe that since we will not protect the unborn, we soon will seek to euthanize the elderly, infirm, etc. I find it interesting to note that in Deuteronomy 30:19, God says "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live" KJV

Old 11-04-2008, 12:14 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,132,051 times
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

I guess some people --Joe Biden and Barrack Obama for example -- don't like that part of the Declaration of Independence.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:16 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,132,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanufacturing View Post
everyone is entitled to do what they want. to be resonsible for there actions or not. to find excuses for there actions if they dont want to take responsability for them. i wonder, if total moral responsibility is ever considered before making this kind of decision. since we've determined that it is a womans right to decide what is allowable for her and her body, i also believe that it is society's right to insist that she also fund her right to that decision.
Who speaks for the baby?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies