Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:35 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,242,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
These kids voted only to follow the crowd. It's a shame our country is going to be destroyed.
That's already been done by the right wing corporate wh@res and hate mongers. It's up to the rest of us to rebuild it and remove it from the clutches of the rich elite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 09:48 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Manufactured outrage. The voice of the shill, the pitchman, and the carnival sideshow barker. Your days are now done, my friend. Time to book passage back to the real world where the rest of us are rolling up our sleeves in hopes of repairing some of eight year's worth of damage done. Yippee-ti-yi-yo, get along little dogies. You know that the future will be your new home...
It's not ME I'm concerned about. Manufactured outrage?! Sideshow barker?! If you say so. I'm well into the "real" world partner. And I've had my sleeves rolled up since I was very young. The cowboy refrence is appropriate though. I've spent many a merry day staring at bovine behinds getting those steaks to your table.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:50 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
That's already been done by the right wing corporate wh@res and hate mongers. It's up to the rest of us to rebuild it and remove it from the clutches of the rich elite.
Lol yep....we will soon be the new "workers parasdise" ....won't we.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:58 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,743,613 times
"To each according to his needs, from each according to his ability." Ah, now that's the America that I want to live in. Go Obama!

Hopefully, he won't be as detrimental to this nation as FDR or Johnson.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:48 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
It's not ME I'm concerned about. Manufactured outrage?! Sideshow barker?! If you say so. I'm well into the "real" world partner. And I've had my sleeves rolled up since I was very young. The cowboy refrence is appropriate though. I've spent many a merry day staring at bovine behinds getting those steaks to your table.
Maybe it's all that methane that's affected your brain, then. Either that or too much time at Free Republic...

Old 11-05-2008, 10:53 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Or maybe they are republicans and they were rasing such flag because they think that Obama=soviet. To make a point. That is what has been pushed by the republican agenda lately, because Obama and his supporter never said that he was just like a soviet.

Stop this paranoia, he is a good old fashioned democrat.
Yeah or maybe the clouds in the sky are marshmallows or wait cotton balls!

Old 11-05-2008, 10:55 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
"You can't criticize obama supporters unless you're a RAAACIST!"

Old 11-05-2008, 10:57 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,479,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Or maybe they are republicans
Probably. Just like the so called "McCain supporter mutilation" in PA.

Even if it wasn't, so what if some kids wave the commie flag to terrify the the white ringers. If they are still so scared of the Red menace, they might as well stay under the bed.

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
If that banner is a symbol of what we are heading towards....YES!!!!!! You'll have to to better than that to convince me otherwise.Were these clowns "extremists"? Absolutely! Is what that flag stands for frightening beyond all recognition? Completely! And I can and will not consience support for an administration whos supporters use it as a symbol of what they stand for. . I'm in awe that ANYONE can defend the point of view that the Hammer and Sickle be run up in support of a president elect. Insult me all you want....I don't care. When that flag is run up over YOUR town we'll see how you like it.
This is just a rationalization. Obama was elected by millions and millions of people. The vast majority waving American flags, and celebrating American ideals. That a few extremists ran out and offended you as your rationale not to support Obama is akin to someone saying that if McCain had won they could not support his administration because some right-wingers celebrated wearing sheets. And it would have happened. McCain had a few nuts voting for him, just like Obama had.

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Lol yep....we will soon be the new "workers paradise" ....won't we.
It's ok because when there jobs are lost they will just collect welfare.
Infact I think there will be allot of people that will quit their jobs to go on it because they will be better off!
Businesses are going to be hurt because there are idiots that actually think you are only taxed on the profits rather than the whole amount!
Business owners will have to scale back out close shop altogether! Lets not forget that 80-90% jobs last year were from small business owners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies